Forums

Topic: Demand Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U

Posts 661 to 680 of 835

RancidVomit86

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think the idea of having every game possible on one system is a pipe dream

It is. If it did exist it wouldn't be good for consumers anyway as competition benefits us.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Oragami

Unca_Lz wrote:

I think the idea of having every game possible on one system is a pipe dream

Obviously. I'm just asking for one game.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

LzWinky

Why not just get a Playstation then? Square Enix has made it obvious they're not interested in making Final Fantasy main games for Nintendo systems anymore. Playstation also surely has other games that might interest you

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Unca_Lz wrote:

Why not just get a Playstation then? Square Enix has made it obvious they're not interested in making Final Fantasy main games for Nintendo systems anymore. Playstation also surely has other games that might interest you

Because he doesn't want to pay for online*, even though he could just play singleplayer games and therefore have no need to pay for online...

*and free games, exclusive sales, exclusive Betas, and cloud saves

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Because he doesn't want to pay for online*, even though he could just play singleplayer games and therefore have no need to pay for online...

Well, for one thing, the games are only complimentary

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

banacheck

Unca_Lz wrote:

I will never buy a PS4 or Xbox One, so unless Square Enix brings Final Fantasy XV to the Wii U, I will never experience it.

The thread is pointless because thay already knew the answer 30 odd pages back, thay will not be playing it.

banacheck

LzWinky

Then I shall repeat my point: It's never going to come to Wii U.

DefHalan

Unca_Lz wrote:

Then I shall repeat my point: It's never going to come to Wii U.

Most likely not coming to Wii U... but not never, it does have a possibility to come to Wii U

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Oragami

Unca_Lz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Okay, I already said this earlier, but the reasons I will not buy a PS4 is because I am not interested in most of the PS4 games, I don't like the idea for paying for online, and (here's a biggie) IT'S EXPENSIVE. Money doesn't grow on trees, and the money I would use to buy a PS4, I could use to buy 8 or more games. And I know PlayStation online has a lot of cool features, but the PS3 had optional PS Plus, I don't see why they can't do that again, as it is clearly possible. The only other possible game I could see myself really wanting that may not come to the Wii U (although I am not ruling it out) is No Man's Sky. So I will not buy an expensive console for 1 or two games. Sue me for wanting one of its few games I am interested in on the Wii U.

And please, next time don't speculate on what my opinions are. That really, really gets me mad.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

SCRAPPER392

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/13/square-enix-considering-the-p...
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26734/square-enix-con...
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/967477/square_enix_considering_f...
http://gematsu.com/2011/06/square-enix-considering-final-fant...

I don't care if this was years ago. They haven't said anything since. Besides that "Nintendo ONLY" midset is BS. 3rd parties put on one hell of a show at E3 2011 and 2012. Despite general belief, 3rd parties made it look like they would support Wii U more than they currently are.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

SCAR392 wrote:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/13/square-enix-considering-the-p...
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26734/square-enix-con...
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/967477/square_enix_considering_f...
http://gematsu.com/2011/06/square-enix-considering-final-fant...

I don't care if this was years ago. They haven't said anything since. Besides that "Nintendo ONLY" midset is BS. 3rd parties put on one hell of a show at E3 2011 and 2012. Despite general belief, 3rd parties made it look like they would support Wii U more than they currently are.

"Considerations" does not equate to future plans. I can consider buying a PS4, but that does not mean I will buy one. Back in 2011, no one knew the Wii U would flop (relatively speaking) like it currently is, hence why everyone's plans changed.

Besides, it's been 3 years and several Final Fantasy games were released, none of which are on the Wii U. I think the message is very clear.

Edited on by LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

@Unca_LZ
What about how 3rd parties made a big deal about Wii U and said they would support it? After those presentations, people thought 3rd party would be on Wii U. That directly targets the stereotype that Nintendo console buyers only buy Wii U for Nintendo 1st party.

I'm not holding my breath for FFXV, just merely pointing out that the industry generally had nothing but good things to say about Wii U, despite expecting their ports to sell relatively well. Some of them did.

Wii U never had the same support Xbox One and PS4 had, so how are we supposed to take the situation seriously? If the sales are directly influenced by that, it's not exactly fair to say Wii U has flopped under different circumstances than their rivals.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CaviarMeths

To be honest, I don't think it's fair to expect developers to put any AAA multiplats on the Wii U automatically. It's very easy to port from PS4 to XBO and vice versa, but to Wii U requires a lot of work and money. If I was making a AAA title, I would be doing a lot of research into whether or not my product was viable on the Wii U, and right now, the answer looks like a pretty solid no.

That's not to say that 3rd parties should ditch Wii U entirely. They're just mostly right to not want to port their big, expensive games on a console that won't see gainful returns.

But that's what developers get for insisting on such increasingly grotesque budgets for their games.

I would be pretty stoked to see a smaller studio like NIS to show the Wii U some love.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

Oragami wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Okay, I already said this earlier, but the reasons I will not buy a PS4 is because I am not interested in most of the PS4 games, I don't like the idea for paying for online, and (here's a biggie) IT'S EXPENSIVE. Money doesn't grow on trees, and the money I would use to buy a PS4, I could use to buy 8 or more games. And I know PlayStation online has a lot of cool features, but the PS3 had optional PS Plus, I don't see why they can't do that again, as it is clearly possible. The only other possible game I could see myself really wanting that may not come to the Wii U (although I am not ruling it out) is No Man's Sky. So I will not buy an expensive console for 1 or two games. Sue me for wanting one of its few games I am interested in on the Wii U.

And please, next time don't speculate on what my opinions are. That really, really gets me mad.

I wasn't speculating. I went back and read what you said a few weeks ago. And as I said before, you could always get a PS4, play the one game you want, and sell it for maybe $50 cheaper. PS4s are actually a little hard to get, so people out there would be happy to pick up a slightly used console for a slightly cheaper price. Hell I'll buy it off you if you include FFXV.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Oragami

CaviarMeths wrote:

To be honest, I don't think it's fair to expect developers to put any AAA multiplats on the Wii U automatically. It's very easy to port from PS4 to XBO and vice versa, but to Wii U requires a lot of work and money. If I was making a AAA title, I would be doing a lot of research into whether or not my product was viable on the Wii U, and right now, the answer looks like a pretty solid no.

That's not to say that 3rd parties should ditch Wii U entirely. They're just mostly right to not want to port their big, expensive games on a console that won't see gainful returns.

But that's what developers get for insisting on such increasingly grotesque budgets for their games.

I would be pretty stoked to see a smaller studio like NIS to show the Wii U some love.

AAA titles tend to make more money when they are on more consoles. Porting to the Wii U opens up a new audience that is hungry for JRPGs and AAA titles.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Oragami

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oragami wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I wasn't speculating. I went back and read what you said a few weeks ago. And as I said before, you could always get a PS4, play the one game you want, and sell it for maybe $50 cheaper. PS4s are actually a little hard to get, so people out there would be happy to pick up a slightly used console for a slightly cheaper price. Hell I'll buy it off you if you include FFXV.

Alright, let me rephrase that. I really, really hate when people speak for me.
And buying and selling a PS4 isn't as easy as you make it out to be. First, I have to find a PS4, which could be difficult. Next, I have to shell out $400 for it. Then, I find and buy FFXV. Then, I play and beat FFXV. Now, I have to find a buyer. Chances are no one in my town will buy it for a reasonable price since I live in a quite wealthy community, and people can buy a new one. Now I have to find an out of town buyer. Not only will he pay less than MSRP, but now I have to pay for shipping. And what if the PS4 gets lost during shipping? Now I am potentially out of over $400.

Here's another issue: what if I want to play FFXV again after I have sold my PS4? I'm out of luck.
See? I'm not being irrational. I have perfectly reasonable reasons for wanting Final Fantasy XV on the Wii U.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

Aviator

Oragami wrote:

AAA titles tend to make more money when they are on more consoles. Porting to the Wii U opens up a new audience that is hungry for JRPGs and AAA titles.

Do you really think that FFXV applies here?

You want something that you can't have. This whole thread if you throwing a little tantrum because something hasn't been given to you. This whole thread has been abled to be summed up by an easy answer, save money and buy a PS4/XBOX ONE. If you can't do that, then you can't play FFXV.

It's simple, and will be so much easier for everyone when you accept that.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Oragami

Aviator wrote:

Oragami wrote:

You want something that you can't have. This whole thread if you throwing a little tantrum because something hasn't been given to you. This whole thread has been abled to be summed up by an easy answer, save money and buy a PS4/XBOX ONE. If you can't do that, then you can't play FFXV.

How doesn't FFXV apply here? In what way is FFXV not a JRPG AAA title? Tell me, I'm curious to know.
And yes, this whole thread is me being upset that FFXV isn't currently coming to the Wii U, but how is that a bad thing? Do you think that Operation Rainfall was a bad thing? Or Operation Moonfall? Were those just a bunch of people throwing a hissy fit, or were they people with legitimate arguments who wanted something?
Please, don't be so closed minded. Accept the fact that this is possible.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

CanisWolfred

Oragami wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Oragami wrote:

How doesn't FFXV apply here? In what way is FFXV not a JRPG AAA title? Tell me, I'm curious to know.
And yes, this whole thread is me being upset that FFXV isn't currently coming to the Wii U, but how is that a bad thing? Do you think that Operation Rainfall was a bad thing? Or Operation Moonfall? Were those just a bunch of people throwing a hissy fit, or were they people with legitimate arguments who wanted something?
Please, don't be so closed minded. Accept the fact that this is possible.

Is it possible? Yes. Just like how it's possible that an asteroid that's just the right size can slip past NASA's monitoring systems, slam into the into the International Space Station, thus causing it to veer towards Earth at such at angle that it survives the decent through Earth's Atmosphere, and crashes into an Ice Cream factory, thus causing King Cones and Klondike Bars to rain from the sky.

Is it probable? No. Is it at all likely? No. Would it be nice if it happened? Of course! But is it really worth the energy frequently wishing and even demanding it happened? Personally, I don't think so.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

It should be pointed out that Operation Rainfall, even with all its faults, was organized 1000 times better and put in 1000 times more effort than anyone here is actually willing to put in (and was for a more worthwhile cause, and not just because of the perceived quality of the games)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.