Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 361 to 380 of 444

SCRAPPER392

Well, we are getting some party games, anyway. If they are charging $60, that might ensure they are making money, per copy.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kkslider5552000

It is still one of the biggest games of the year so they can do whatever they want. Apparently.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BoltedArc

Look if you buy the game it's up to you but we all got used to quality games brought to us by nintendo! Ubisoft wants us to buy WD but i don't want a port, i want the game redeveloped for the system. The game should cater to the system, not copy & paste from one console to another, you want me to buy your game how about learn to develop properly for the wiiu or another idea give the game to a nintendo team,let them optimize it till then the only open world game im looking forward to is xenoblade chronicles!

Edited on by BoltedArc

Look from a farther distance to see the entire picture, even if you don't want to!

PK_Wonder

Two hours in, but I haven't noticed a single graphical or performance hiccup. Certainly not on-par with PS4/One graphically or performance wise, but it is genuinely a noticable leap ahead of the PS3 version, which I can personally compare it to. The GamePad integration, while minimalist, is actually pretty useful. Makes me wonder what could have been with GTA V on the Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 0602-7082-6398 (Paul)
nnid: PK_Wonder

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Wonder

DefHalan

@PK_Wonder
Have you tried the online multiplayer yet? Do they have the mode where you can go into another player's single player game and mess with them?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

PK_Wonder wrote:

Two hours in, but I haven't noticed a single graphical or performance hiccup. Certainly not on-par with PS4/One graphically or performance wise, but it is genuinely a noticable leap ahead of the PS3 version, which I can personally compare it to. The GamePad integration, while minimalist, is actually pretty useful. Makes me wonder what could have been with GTA V on the Wii U.

The real question is how it stacks up against Xbox 360. 3rd party developers never fully understood PS3, because it was basically an Xbox 360 port machine, so Xbox 360 is the console to compare it to. That is the reason why The Crew is coming to Xbox 360, but not PS3.

I'm sure it's slightly above par. I'm guessing that Ubisoft took really long to port on purpose, and now $60 is a price that will make sure they make some money off of it.

Ubisoft is basically just pretending that it is May right now, so they are charging $60.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

PK_Wonder wrote:

Thanks for your impressions.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

luisesteban

I gonna wait for the price cut.

luisesteban

MsJubilee

Now i want to know how many people bought this.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Punished_Boss_84

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I don't understand why we have to buy Ubi's garbage when other 3rd parties have at least tried a little harder.

And as for the PS3 ... developers kept throwing games at that machine; even when it was floundering, even when games weren't selling, they never stopped supporting the stupid thing. Why is there a double standard? Why don't they continue to throw games at Wii U, even if they're not selling that well? They're still doing it to the 360 and the PS3. There is no justification for the lack of 3rd party support if they're still porting to PS360, and there is no justification for the crappy quality of the small amount of support we are getting.

I understood, and accepted, the lack of support on the Wii vs the PS360, because of the huge gulf in processing power between the machines. But here, there is no excuse.

A key difference, is that in spite of all of the PS3s failings, third party games were still profitable on the thing. PS360 support is extra profit at this stage. Wii U does not have any benefits for anyone outside Nintendo... Wait. What am I doing? Wii U is not even in the same league as PS360 for third parties.

End of story.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Punished_Boss_84

midnafanboy wrote:

Over 9000!

It will probably do better than Bayonetta 2 in the US

"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA

dumedum

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Over 9000!

No it won't. Bayonetta 2 did very well. It was in the top 10 Amazon best selling games. Watch Dogs is not even in the Wii U's top 100 games. It is number 66 in " Wii U's new release games". This basically means that fewer than 10 people or so buy the game at Amazon. Nobody knows this game is even out for Wii U, it's that bad.

I will buy the game eventually because the Game Pad makes any game much better, and off tv is awesome (vita input lag sux). But Ubisoft should have let people known about the game and priced it competitively and added all the DLC in.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Yoshi_Prime

dumedum wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

Over 9000!

No it won't. Bayonetta 2 did very well. It was in the top 10 Amazon best selling games. Watch Dogs is not even in the Wii U's top 100 games. It is number 66 in " Wii U's new release games". This basically means that fewer than 10 people or so buy the game at Amazon. Nobody knows this game is even out for Wii U, it's that bad.

I will buy the game eventually because the Game Pad makes any game much better, and off tv is awesome (vita input lag sux). But Ubisoft should have let people known about the game and priced it competitively and added all the DLC in.

Well, it only came out today. Maybe give it a week or two before looking at its sales.

Yoshi_Prime

dumedum

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Well, it only came out today. Maybe give it a week or two before looking at its sales.

True, but in Amazon when a game is close to release, it sells best. Super Smash Bros. Wii U for example is currently the best selling game (across all platforms) in Amazon. Smash Bros. 3D is still in the top 10. Watch Dogs is not even in the Wii U's top 100 games.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Spoony_Tech

I didn't know the Wii U had 100 game. O.o

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

In less than a month, Bayonetta 2 has already outsold every Wii U Ubisoft game in the US except ZombiU, which was a bundle launch title. Do you really expect Watch Dogs to outsell Rayman Legends and both Assassin's Creeds?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

crimsoncavalier

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I don't understand why we have to buy Ubi's garbage when other 3rd parties have at least tried a little harder.

And as for the PS3 ... developers kept throwing games at that machine; even when it was floundering, even when games weren't selling, they never stopped supporting the stupid thing. Why is there a double standard? Why don't they continue to throw games at Wii U, even if they're not selling that well? They're still doing it to the 360 and the PS3. There is no justification for the lack of 3rd party support if they're still porting to PS360, and there is no justification for the crappy quality of the small amount of support we are getting.

I understood, and accepted, the lack of support on the Wii vs the PS360, because of the huge gulf in processing power between the machines. But here, there is no excuse.

A key difference, is that in spite of all of the PS3s failings, third party games were still profitable on the thing. PS360 support is extra profit at this stage. Wii U does not have any benefits for anyone outside Nintendo... Wait. What am I doing? Wii U is not even in the same league as PS360 for third parties.

End of story.

There's a key difference, though. Other than 3rd party games, there's nothing of note on either the PlayStation or Xbox platforms. Without 3rd party games, there's no point in getting either. Nintendo makes their own AAA games, and that's where a publisher needs to look at it from a different angle. Poop on the PS360 sold because it was either poop or nothing. Poop won't sell on Nintendo consoles because Nintendo themselves don't give us poop. Yes, you have to compete with Ninty themselves, but that just means putting a teeny bit more effort into your games.

Quality 3rd party games do sell on Nintendo consoles. But the key difference is Nintendo gamers don't have to bend over and take the bum scoop that PlayStation or Xbox owners do, because we actually have alternatives.

No, the Wii U isn't even comparable to the PS360 in terms of sales or 3rd party support, but that doesn't change the fact that if a game is released on the PS360 format, it should be released on the Wii U. At the very least.

SpookyMeths wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

In less than a month, Bayonetta 2 has already outsold every Wii U Ubisoft game in the US except ZombiU, which was a bundle launch title. Do you really expect Watch Dogs to outsell Rayman Legends and both Assassin's Creeds?

I rest my case. Quality 3rd party game (yes, with some Nintendo fan-service thrown in, but a 3rd party game nonetheless) and it has done well. Ubisoft's efforts are subpar, and have therefore resulted in subpar sales.

Edited on by crimsoncavalier

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Punished_Boss_84

SpookyMeths wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Citation needed. Don't bother with VGchartz, because they overtrack or undertrack their guessestimates like crazy. NPD = 70k, Japan = 50k, Europe will not make the difference.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

End of story.

There's a key difference, though. Other than 3rd party games, there's nothing of note on either the PlayStation or Xbox platforms. Without 3rd party games, there's no point in getting either. Nintendo makes their own AAA games, and that's where a publisher needs to look at it from a different angle. Poop on the PS360 sold because it was either poop or nothing. Poop won't sell on Nintendo consoles because Nintendo themselves don't give us poop. Yes, you have to compete with Ninty themselves, but that just means putting a teeny bit more effort into your games.

Quality 3rd party games do sell on Nintendo consoles. But the key difference is Nintendo gamers don't have to bend over and take the bum scoop that PlayStation or Xbox owners do, because we actually have alternatives.

No, the Wii U isn't even comparable to the PS360 in terms of sales or 3rd party support, but that doesn't change the fact that if a game is released on the PS360 format, it should be released on the Wii U. At the very least.

SpookyMeths wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

I rest my case. Quality 3rd party game (yes, with some Nintendo fan-service thrown in, but a 3rd party game nonetheless) and it has done well. Ubisoft's efforts are subpar, and have therefore resulted in subpar sales.

Pre-bolded: That's a cool story bro, let me flip the Wii U. Without first party games, Wii U is nothing. See I can I flip it around as well, to make it seem better/worse but no. Quailty third party games sell on Wii U? If that were true, I would be seeing it in 2015. But by quailty to do you mean, Lego, Skylanders, Just Dance and etc, that's what sells on U so by your logic they are quailty games... Didn't think that one through did you? Bolded: That's not how business works. Just because Wii U can handle it, doesn't mean its a shoe in.

"Quality third party game" Bayonetta 2? A Nintendo published game, is either second or first party. Reopen the case and find a suitable example.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

faint

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

End of story.

SpookyMeths wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Pre-bolded: That's a cool story bro, let me flip the Wii U. Without first party games, Wii U is nothing. See I can I flip it around as well, to make it seem better/worse but no. Quailty third party games sell on Wii U? If that were true, I would be seeing it in 2015. But by quailty to do you mean, Lego, Skylanders, Just Dance and etc, that's what sells on U so by your logic they are quailty games... Didn't think that one through did you? Bolded: That's not how business works. Just because Wii U can handle it, doesn't mean its a shoe in.

"Quality third party game" Bayonetta 2? A Nintendo published game, is either second or first party. Reopen the case and find a suitable example.

you should look up the definition of first,second, and third party. bayonetta is third party. hyrule warriors is third party. zombie u and monster hunter are third party titles. devils third coming in 2015 will be 3rd party.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.