Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 181 to 200 of 372

shingi_70

I don't think tech heads will be buying a ipad taped to a a xbox when Windows 8 is hitting along with ios 6, windows phone Apollo, and aneroid jelly. Bean.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chris720

kyuubikid213 wrote:

To everyone saying "We already knew that...," Nintendo knows this. E3 was meant to send these messages out to the world. Not everyone is constantly roaming the forums or Nintendo fan-sites looking at the latest information. At least they didn't do the Sunday Nintendo Direct all over again. And even so, we really only heard what titles were coming to Wii U/3DS. We didn't have any information beyond that. We didn't know that NSBM2 was going to be all about the Coins. We didn't know about Luigi's special flashlight. We didn't know about Nintendo Land, Mass Effect 3, Trine 2, or even LEGO City Undercover's story concept. WE KNEW TITLES.

What Nintendo did at E3 with their limited time was try to give us as much information as possible on the upcoming games and hardware.

But no. All you guys give a crud about is a new Zelda or a crossover that doesn't exist.

I'll agree with you on that, but we were just given more information on the titles we already knew were coming out. What I wanted was this information but also something new to see, Wii U did this... somewhat, but it was nothing that was truly stellar.

Yes, there's Pikmin, but I'm not interested in that. There's ZombiU... I'm not interested in generic zombie shooters. There's Assassin's Creed III, it looks amazing but I'm still not entirely sold. There's NintendoLand, I don't have many friends who would play this and would be rather pointless for me anyway. The rest were all passes.

The 3DS has some really good looking titles coming out. Castlevania, NSMB2, Epic Mickey, Batman 2, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario etc. etc. the problem is, we already knew about these titles except for a few missing details. There was nothing that was "new" announced at these showcases.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

Ryno wrote:

@kyuubikid213: Who is going to actually going to drop the cash to buy the Wii U at first? Us, the people "that already knew it" and peruse video game forums and sites all the time or the people throughout the world that cannot even figure out that the Wii U is a new console instead of Wii accessory? Nintendo Land, dancing, half-ass fitness, and singing games are not going to push a new system and not going to push mom and pop casual to rush out and drop $300 plus on a new system.

Nintendo Land, Dancing & Singing games, and Fitness games weren't the only games shown off at all. There are more "hardcore" titles such as ZombiU, Mass Effect 3, Trine 2, Batman Arkham City, and Pikmin. Besides, Nintendo Land, Dancing & singing games, and Fitness games are the reasons moms buy systems nowadays. Especially with all of the "Our nation's obesity... Childhood obesity... Overweight teens..." articles and news stories everywhere. As for pop casual, we've got NSMBU and the like.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

Another thing I feel I have to mention is this:
Everything shown at E3 was NOT the entire library of Wii U/3DS games.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Ryno

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Nintendo Land, Dancing & Singing games, and Fitness games weren't the only games shown off at all. There are more "hardcore" titles such as ZombiU, Mass Effect 3, Trine 2, Batman Arkham City, and Pikmin. Besides, Nintendo Land, Dancing & singing games, and Fitness games are the reasons moms buy systems nowadays. Especially with all of the "Our nation's obesity... Childhood obesity... Overweight teens..." articles and news stories everywhere. As for pop casual, we've got NSMBU and the like.

But were the mom's watching E3? Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer? I think Nintendo missed the opportunity to make a big splash. You were happy with the presentation, that is great! I was underwhelmed though I am looking forward Zombie U.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Chris720

But were the mom's watching E3? Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer?

Precisely. No one but the enthusiastic gamer actually watches E3 except for a maybe a few "casual" gamers here and there. E3, in my opinion, isn't meant for the singing, dancing and crappy party games. I want to see some really amazing games like ZombiU, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Assassin's Creed etc. I don't want to see some idiots doing the jiggy on stage.

I just want games, not party titles... sheesh.

YouTube

shingi_70

You do realize half the people at the actucal press confrnce were from non gaming media, people from the company, and buyers from various retailers.

E3 isn't for you. Why do you think a lot of the headlines are talking about freaking xbox music, wii fit, and smartglass instead of halo, pikmin, and the last of us.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

kyuubikid213

Ryno wrote:

But were the mom's watching E3? Yeah those games are here to stay but do we really need to see these in a presentation mainly viewed by the enthusiastic gamer? I think Nintendo missed the opportunity to make a big splash. You were happy with the presentation, that is great! I was underwhelmed though I am looking forward Zombie U.

If Nintendo didn't show those more "casual-gamer" titles, then they would have lost the faith that many families (especially THOSE moms) have in them. Nintendo has lately been known as a kiddy/family-friendly company. If they only showed games that appealed to US, there would be a chance that they would lose sales that appealed to THEM. By showing games that everyone wants to play, Nintendo feels as though they succeeded in their endeavor to make the Wii U "Together. Better."

I'm glad to hear you are at least looking forward to one title. And besides, these games aren't the only ones that will ever come out on Wii U, they are just our first glimpse. And we don't even know if there will be more over the coming months between now and the launch.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Chris720

@Sony_70 Obviously E3 has changed because I knew it as gamings best conference for the year with the best place to reveal new hot games to the world. Now all I see is party titles rather than any actual games that look interesting...

Either I'm losing it or the world of gaming is changing.

YouTube

Ryno

@Wave: I think Zombie U is going to mainly use the Wii U Controller Pad with inventory control and holding the tablet screen up to the TV to discover things or look through a gun site. So there will be some of that type of immersion that you will hopefully come to love like the pointer control.

OK, up until this very second I have not been excited about another Mario game. But, I am going to turn the frown upside down and remember how excited I was to play Super Mario World for the SNES around launch and hope some of that same magic comes back. Besides, I was definitely going to get that game anyway since my wife loves New Super Mario Bros. Wii and she has been asking for a sequel.

So I will get NSMBU and Zombie U at launch. Well, as of this moment anyway. As for Pikmin, I suppose there is time for my view to change. I am not a minigame fan so unless Nintendoland is a pack-in game, I am skipping that one.

I guess I am just down on modern gaming overall. If I am gaming in short bursts I will choose a newer game mainly for saving purposes but If I got some time set aside I will go retro.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

shingi_70

WAT!

Ryno

kyuubikid213 wrote:

If Nintendo didn't show those more "casual-gamer" titles, then they would have lost the faith that many families (especially THOSE moms) have in them. Nintendo has lately been known as a kiddy/family-friendly company. If they only showed games that appealed to US, there would be a chance that they would lose sales that appealed to THEM. By showing games that everyone wants to play, Nintendo feels as though they succeeded in their endeavor to make the Wii U "Together. Better."

I'm glad to hear you are at least looking forward to one title. And besides, these games aren't the only ones that will ever come out on Wii U, they are just our first glimpse. And we don't even know if there will be more over the coming months between now and the launch.

I don't think parents are going to pony up $300 + for another causal game bonanza filled with phony fitness and cruddy karaoke. The market already has this, in fact it is over saturated with it. I don't think it is good strategy for Nintendo to put a strong emphasis on this especially at the beginning. You want the gamers that are going to buy multiple titles within the first few months support this new console.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

shingi_70

Ideally you want both and they seem to have a good balance.

Crossover titles
Nintendoland
New Super mario bros U

Casuel
Wii Fit U
Sing

Core
Pikmin 3
Er zombiu

Only probelm is the allure of a cheap xbox/ps3 and there being better alternatives on other systems forthe casuel games.

WAT!

Ryno

Sony_70 wrote:

Ideally you want both and they seem to have a good balance.
Crossover titles:
Nintendoland
New Super mario bros U
Casue:
Wii Fit U
Sing
Core:
Pikmin 3
Er zombiu

Only probelm is the allure of a cheap xbox/ps3 and there being better alternatives on other systems forthe casuel games.

Yeah, I agree with you on Nintendo does need to have some casual, but Nintendo has so much more competition for that market now than in the past 6 years the Wii was out. Nintendo really needs to gain some Core market share back since they typically buy more software.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

kyuubikid213

Ryno wrote:

I don't think parents are going to pony up $300 + for another causal game bonanza filled with phony fitness and cruddy karaoke. The market already has this, in fact it is over saturated with it. I don't think it is good strategy for Nintendo to put a strong emphasis on this especially at the beginning. You want the gamers that are going to buy multiple titles within the first few months support this new console.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Just Dance 4
Lego City Undercover
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
ZombiU
Mass Effect 3
Assassin's Creed III
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Aliens Colonial Marines
Darksiders II
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
TANK! TANK! TANK!
Project P-100
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Game & Wario
Wii Fit U
SiNG
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3

Because this is a TOTAL casual game bonanza filled with fitness and cruddy karaoke... Yeah... Right... The three games in here that you indirectly mentioned are going to ruin sales of the Wii U.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

shingi_70

3 of those I can get or own now. And the other 5 I can get on my current t system.

WAT!

kyuubikid213

Sony_70 wrote:

3 of those I can get or own now. And the other 5 I can get on my current t system.

The point wasn't which games are 100% exclusive to Wii U. It was proving that out of the 21 games listed, only 3 are dancing/singing/fitness games that you guys are bugging out about. The other 18 titles are more geared toward "core" players.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

skywake

@kyuubikid213 Talk about brown-nosing. That was a pretty nauseating rant you had there.

You buy a console so you can play a library of games that you currently can't play. Nobody got a 3DS at launch because they desperately wanted to play Nintendogs and Pilotwings, they got it because they saw Mario Kart 7, OoT3D, 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing and Paper Mario on the horizon. People who already had a Gamecube didn't get a Wii at launch because of Wii Sports and Twilight Princess, they got it because they saw Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 on the horizon.

Standing here and looking into the Wii U's future we see Pikmin and New SMB at it's launch and a pile of games we could play on PS3/360/PC. We know there is always a 3D Mario, a 3D Metroid and a 3D Zelda but they're all off in the blurry distance. The wider audience? Well they didn't get much new either did they. They got another Dancing game, another singing game, another Wii Fit and what's going to look like a kids game. Look at how the mainstream media are covering E3, there's bugger all about the Wii U with Wii Fit U and NintendoLand, it's all about the dance games on the Kinect. Nintendo didn't win that game either.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

But everything points to it failing with Cnn thinking the wii u Warsaw wii add on and most mainstream media not getting it.

[/div]

again, both a valid point and lolmainstreammedia shakes head

I reckon.

Games journalists should go show that mainstream media how its done and head on over to Syria to report on the civil war.

Not that I'm forgiving bad research, but really, given how tight mainstream press budgets are for journalists, a reasonable person can hardly blame them for having something as relatively trivial as the games industry at the bottom of the pile of priorities.

FOREST_RANGER

Just saying, but one could buy the multi-platform games on the Wii U to convince publishers that the platform is profitable.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.