Forums

Topic: 007 Legends

Posts 1 to 20 of 89

Jani-Koblaney

So what do you guys think of this coming to Wii U? I personally think it's awesome, as I loved Goldeneye on the Wii! The graphics (at least what I could tell from the trailers) could look better, but that's a very minor complaint..

Edited on by Jani-Koblaney

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Bankai

joker94 wrote:

So what do you guys think of this coming to Wii U? I personally think it's awesome, as I loved Goldeneye on the Wii! The graphics (at least what I could tell from the trailers) could look better, but that a very minor complaint..

I suspect it will be a Call of Duty clone, like the Goldeneye remake was, and in which case I'm going to be rather depressed because it had the potential to be far, far more awesome game than that.

WiiUOnly

I think it looks promising. When Rare made the original GoldenEye, they added two levels that were inspired by other Bond movies and I've always wondered why other companies didn't do the same with their licensed games. If you ask me, the model Activision's using for 007 Legends is the best way to tackle licenses for long-running movie franchises.

Edited on by WiiUOnly

kkslider5552000

OlympicCho wrote:

joker94 wrote:

So what do you guys think of this coming to Wii U? I personally think it's awesome, as I loved Goldeneye on the Wii! The graphics (at least what I could tell from the trailers) could look better, but that a very minor complaint..

I suspect it will be a Call of Duty clone, like the Goldeneye remake was, and in which case I'm going to be rather depressed because it had the potential to be far, far more awesome game than that.

It's weird how you are 100% right yet I disagree. Maybe not but something about the motion controls and the basic online I got a lot of fun out of. I do agree it should be more awesome and we need the return of Bond moments so that everytime you do anything you hear DUH DUH DUH-DUH DUHDUHDUH.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Vincent294

OlympicCho wrote:

joker94 wrote:

That's true, but they did have parts that allowed a stealthier approach, it played excellently, and they did a great job re-vamping Goldeneye.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

DudeSean

It's made by Eurocom, who made "The World is Not Enough" (N64), "Nightfire" (GCN,PS2,Xbox), "Quantum of Solace" (PS3,360,Wii) and "Goldeneye" (Wii,PS3,360). I can't speak for the ps3/360 versions of QoS, but on Wii I recall it being rather bad. Other than that, though, I think they have a pretty decent track record. It is a shame that the new 007 games (since QoS) use the Call of Duty engine, but it's published by Activision, so what do you expect?

I didn't pay any attention to this game before it was announced for the Wii U. I have no plans on getting a ps3 or 360, so I'm only interested if it's coming a Nintendo system. Now that it has been announced, though, I'm excited and looking forward to it. I like the 007 games, probably more so for nostalgia than anything else. I prefer it over Call of Duty because it's about single man missions.

The trailers make it look alright. I'm definitely going to get it. I just hope it's good. Goldeneye (Wii) is alright, so I'm hoping for something better than that.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Xilef

Does anyone one know if this one has the same kind of local multiplayer mode were one uses the TV and the other the Gamepad? Me and my brothers loved the local multiplayer in Goldenye Wii and having that mode in Legends could be a deal breaker.

Xilef

Bankai

DudeSean wrote:

It's made by Eurocom, who made "The World is Not Enough" (N64), "Nightfire" (GCN,PS2,Xbox), "Quantum of Solace" (PS3,360,Wii) and "Goldeneye" (Wii,PS3,360). I can't speak for the ps3/360 versions of QoS, but on Wii I recall it being rather bad. Other than that, though, I think they have a pretty decent track record. It is a shame that the new 007 games (since QoS) use the Call of Duty engine, but it's published by Activision, so what do you expect?

I didn't pay any attention to this game before it was announced for the Wii U. I have no plans on getting a ps3 or 360, so I'm only interested if it's coming a Nintendo system. Now that it has been announced, though, I'm excited and looking forward to it. I like the 007 games, probably more so for nostalgia than anything else. I prefer it over Call of Duty because it's about single man missions.

The trailers make it look alright. I'm definitely going to get it. I just hope it's good. Goldeneye (Wii) is alright, so I'm hoping for something better than that.

Eurocom only made the PS2 version of Quantum of Solace, which was a third-person shooter. The FPS on PS3/ XBox 360/ Wii was developed by Treyarch.

As for the Goldeneye remake. My issue with that game was largely because it followed the linear nature of Call of Duty games - run down a corridor, shoot stuff (or sneak around stuff, much the same imo), then run down another corridor. What I liked about the original Goldeneye was that it was somewhat non-linear: there were parts of levels you could choose not to wander down (especially on the lower difficulty levels where there were fewer objectives).

I want this game to go back to the Goldeneye style - build a level, fill it with objectives, and then leave players to figure out how to go about the objectives. What I don't want is for the game to be a series of corridors that is all-but on rails (since there's no real reason to go backwards).

The actual atmosphere (and yes, motion controls) of the Goldeneye remake was great. the copy/paste of the CoD level structure not so much.

DudeSean

OlympicCho wrote:

Eurocom only made the PS2 version of Quantum of Solace, which was a third-person shooter. The FPS on PS3/ XBox 360/ Wii was developed by Treyarch.

Oh, I see. I didn't know that. Yeah, it makes sense that Treyarch did it. Treyarch had a bit of difficulty making games for Wii at first, but I applaud them for consistently trying. Black Ops really wasn't bad. Except for only one level in Zombies mode... Luckily they won't have to go through that anymore.

OlympicCho wrote:

As for the Goldeneye remake. My issue with that game was largely because it followed the linear nature of Call of Duty games - run down a corridor, shoot stuff (or sneak around stuff, much the same imo), then run down another corridor. What I liked about the original Goldeneye was that it was somewhat non-linear: there were parts of levels you could choose not to wander down (especially on the lower difficulty levels where there were fewer objectives).

I completely agree.

OlympicCho wrote:

I want this game to go back to the Goldeneye style - build a level, fill it with objectives, and then leave players to figure out how to go about the objectives. What I don't want is for the game to be a series of corridors that is all-but on rails (since there's no real reason to go backwards).

Yes. I love how the team are Rare decided to make the level first, and then decide how to get through it afterwards. I wish more games would do that.

OlympicCho wrote:

The actual atmosphere (and yes, motion controls) of the Goldeneye remake was great. the copy/paste of the CoD level structure not so much.

I agree with this as well.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Banker-Style

I really enjoyed Goldeneye on Wii,so I'll probably get this when it hoes down in price.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Jani-Koblaney

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

I really enjoyed Goldeneye on Wii,so I'll probably get this when it hoes down in price.

same here

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

moomoo

I was a fan of the Goldeneye remake, though it definitely had some big problems, particularily in its linearity. Yeah, you had the option of A) Run and Gun and B) Sneaking, and... that's it. Pretty linear. It did a really good job at it, but I'd prefer something more in vain of Goldeneye, or maybe Nightfire (even though the Goldeneye remake was definitely better as a game).

One potential cool thing I could see with this game is taking different approaches towards level layout and level strategies based on what Bond movie the player is playing in. Part of why Eurocom made the Goldeneye remake more action-focused was because Daniel Craig was Bond, so there's definitely a chance we could see varying approaches towards the levels based on whether we're playing in movies that had a Pierce Brosnand, Daniel Craig, or Sean Connery Bond.

It'll probably turn out linear though, since that would be too cool.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

moomoo

OlympicCho wrote:

Guys, it's just Craig. The Bond license no longer has the rights to the likeness of the other Bond actors.

I never said anything of the sort. There's a difference between playing as different Bonds and playing in different Bond movies.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jani-Koblaney

What do you guys think of the various missions?

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Jani-Koblaney

I'm talking about the movies that they chose to base each mission off of..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.