Forums

Topic: No VC release this week?!

Posts 161 to 180 of 612

Sushie

I just want Rondo T_T

A Fool and his Wii Points are easily parted.

Egg_miester

with all the weeks last year we got 2 vc games a week i am not that surprised most companys are finding out that in N/A they make more money off wiiware then vc
just look at the vc top 20 they are nearly all nintendo games but when they use to show japan top 20 it was a few nintendo published games and more 3rd party

overturn code: 3266 3667 6901

Luigi-la-bouncy

I'm guessing that the virtual console doesn't do as well in Europe as it does in the US, but I've got not evidence to back that up. Maybe people are more into WiiWare here or something.

Luigi-la-bouncy

TheNewestBooM

wait... ur saying nlife is european based?! my world... you have rocked it...

but i digress... this weeks releases are dook dook for the wii. i wonder if this site could contact cave story's peeps and ask where in the bloody jellystone national park is that game?!

AKA - TheNoobestGooB

J-Man

Adamant wrote:

Hyper Knuckles wrote:

Nintendo has about messed up so much, that I bought a PS3. The PS3 is amazing, it is a shame that Nintendo has not gotten their act together.

Are you drunk or something? On the PS3, you'll get one "Virtual Console" game a quarter or so.

Wrong!!!! The PS3's PSN Shop would average out to 2 retro games coming out a week.(With the inclusion of PS1 titles since alot of them come out)

J-Man

retired_account

Haha, this topic is still kicking. Ah well, I still have plenty of VC to catch up on anyway.

retired_account

TwilightV

TheNewestBooM wrote:

wait... ur saying nlife is european based?! my world... you have rocked it...

but i digress... this weeks releases are dook dook for the wii. i wonder if this site could contact cave story's peeps and ask where in the bloody jellystone national park is that game?!

The US branch is based in Texas. :3

Also, the guys behind Cave Story still claim that they're putting the "finishing touches" on the WiiWare release. Maybe they're going for perfection? >:3

TwilightV

The_Fox

Consider how long Cave Story has taken to come out, I'm thinking the developers and Nintendo may have had a falling out and we may not see it on Wiiware.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

ejamer

The+Fox wrote:

Consider how long Cave Story has taken to come out, I'm thinking the developers and Nintendo may have had a falling out and we may not see it on Wiiware.

That's just silly speculation though. From what I've read, they didn't submit a build for review until sometime in December, and then had to fix some issues and resubmit. Doing a bit of tweaking in between to make the game better hardly sounds like a "falling out"... and is no reason for impatient people to start raving about how the sky is falling.

Cave Story will be out when it's ready, and not a day before. Considering the amount of love and effort already put into the game, if there were serious issues then we would have heard about them by now. Have some patience, and enjoy some other games in the meantime.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

blackknight77

This thread is about the Virtual console not Cave Story.

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Knux

No Virtual Console goodness this week? BOO! Oh well, at least we have Sonic & Knuckles from last week.

Knux

blackknight77

Anyone think Microsoft's game room is ready to take away attention from the Virtual Console?

Microsoft announced they are planning 1,000 retro games for the service. If my math is correct that is a lot more games than 347.

What do you think?

TheNewestBooM

Hyper+Knuckles wrote:

No Virtual Console goodness this week? BOO! Oh well, at least we have Sonic & Knuckles from last week.

yes, knuckles and sonic (the way it SHOULD be announced ) is pure, unadulterated gravy.

Edited on by TheNewestBooM

AKA - TheNoobestGooB

Stuffgamer1

@TwilightV: I hope you're right. However, the important difference is that TWO VC games were released the Monday before the VCA announcement: Bomberman 94 and Detana Twinbee. So we're still down from last year one way or another.

@J-Man: Thanks for the support, but I already corrected Adamant on that issue back in July.

Speaking of my post from July (post #80, in case you were wondering): Whatever happened to the Turbografix games on PSN? They never bothered to bring those overseas! Maybe they figured we should try to catch up with PS1 games first or something.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

The_Fox

Tony wrote:

Anyone think Microsoft's game room is ready to take away attention from the Virtual Console?

Microsoft announced they are planning 1,000 retro games for the service. If my math is correct that is a lot more games than 347.

What do you think?

Certainly possible. I'm waiting to see which games hit first.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Stuffgamer1

There's no way MS will actually have 1000 games available at service launch. Not without pretty much all of them being simple stuff from the early 80's and back, anyway. But I've heard nothing to make me think that service WILL have NES or SNES-type games on it, so there you go. To me, that makes the VC's almost-350 games (even with all the stinkers in the mix) worth more than 1000+ in the Game Room.

However, this is mostly conjecture at this point. MS hasn't given us enough concrete info about the Game Room to draw fair, logical conclusions yet. I'm reserving judgement for the time being.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

KnucklesSonic8

To be honest, I didn't even notice until I saw this thread! Wow, AGAIN?! Seriously! Please don't start this up again, Nintendo.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

blackknight77

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

There's no way MS will actually have 1000 games available at service launch. Not without pretty much all of them being simple stuff from the early 80's and back, anyway. But I've heard nothing to make me think that service WILL have NES or SNES-type games on it, so there you go. To me, that makes the VC's almost-350 games (even with all the stinkers in the mix) worth more than 1000+ in the Game Room.

However, this is mostly conjecture at this point. MS hasn't given us enough concrete info about the Game Room to draw fair, logical conclusions yet. I'm reserving judgement for the time being.

A recent Retronauts podcast was debating if Microsoft's Gameroom would compete with the VC. They were very skeptical that Microsoft would find 1,000 titles for gameroom. So I will wait and hold my judgement on that service as well.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.