Forums

Topic: What is your favorite GBA game?

Posts 101 to 120 of 133

grumblebuzzz

Metroid: Zero Mission. Without a doubt. <3 REALLY hope that comes eventually for 3DS VC.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

dddddeeerr

I know im off topic, But, Please E-Mail me if you wanna exchange WII-Friend codes to: connor4wor...

dddddeeerr

BadKitty

mine has to be around these mario zelda and pokemon emerald

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Not sure if I posted here already, but I'll have to say Megaman Battle Network 6, Minish Cap, or Pokemon Emerald.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Legend of Zelda MINISH CAP! (the CAPSLOCK version)

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

composerzane

Advance GTA (the Japanese version of GT Advance, which includes an actual save function as opposed to the localized ones, which are password-only affairs) is fantastic. Got stuck on the 3rd to last race in the game when trying to Platinum every track... still haven't beaten it! The localized sequels included the save feature, and are very good as well. GT Advance 2 has rally racing, and is perhaps a little weaker than the third game (Pro Concept Racing), which is basically a retread of the first game with updated physics and graphics, more tracks, and more cars. Probably the best in the series.

Chu Chu Rocket is fantastic in multiplayer and still pretty good in singleplayer.

Kurukuru Kurukurin and the sequel, Kururin Paradise are both mindbendingly addictive.

Boulder Dash EX is wonderful. Even has "classic mode" which is very nice... Generous even! Retro and revamped simultaneously, this game is both perfect for handheld form and one of my all-time favorite puzzle/action games...

Silent Scope GBA is shockingly not terrible, and maybe even good.

I think someone already mentioned Spyro: The Eternal Night briefly, but I will say that the game is much better than the other Spyro games on the platform, playing almost like a slightly slower, combo-driven Castlevania title as opposed to the isometric GBA predecessors.

The Tower SP is a really great SimTower port for GBA. I don't know if you can get a copy anymore (probably doubtful), but the game itself is utterly topnotch, and perfectly suited in this port for the GBA, diminutive screen and all.

Sabre Wulf is really, really good. It managed to avoid all of the typical (at the time) Rare pitfalls and get back to some of the roots of what made the company so great in its heyday.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is good fun, repetitive as it may be, while it lasts.

Jet Grind Radio! Not too shabby, although if you don't like the Tony Hawk implementation on GBA, you won't like this, as it's from the same isometric perspective.

I thoroughly enjoyed Road Rash: Jailbreak, although I've been told it actually isn't very good. Could just be me.

Pinball of the Dead. Yes.

Turbo Turtle Adventure. Tough as nails, but sort of similar to the Frogger overhead perspective games for GBA, which are also excellent.

Go! Go! Beckham! Adventure on Soccer Island. Wow. This game really needed to have had some more exposure. Devilishly clever little platformer, I really didn't expect it to be that good! Worth a try.

That's all I've got for now. Ahhh, the GBA is such a great system.

GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Friend Code: 1903 1484 4201 - tag: [NL] Zane
check out my music @ www.myspace.com/meauxdal

WiiAboutU

Which Gameboy was available in the color transparent blue ice and looked kind of like the new WiiU controller, but smaller? I had Earthworm Jim for it. I thought it was the Gameboy Advance, but I'm not sure. I believe it was released in the mid to late 1990's after the Virtual Boy.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

WiiAboutU

composerzane wrote:

Advance GTA (the Japanese version of GT Advance, which includes an actual save function as opposed to the localized ones, which are password-only affairs) is fantastic. Got stuck on the 3rd to last race in the game when trying to Platinum every track... still haven't beaten it! The localized sequels included the save feature, and are very good as well. GT Advance 2 has rally racing, and is perhaps a little weaker than the third game (Pro Concept Racing), which is basically a retread of the first game with updated physics and graphics, more tracks, and more cars. Probably the best in the series.

Chu Chu Rocket is fantastic in multiplayer and still pretty good in singleplayer.

Kurukuru Kurukurin and the sequel, Kururin Paradise are both mindbendingly addictive.

Boulder Dash EX is wonderful. Even has "classic mode" which is very nice... Generous even! Retro and revamped simultaneously, this game is both perfect for handheld form and one of my all-time favorite puzzle/action games...

I think someone already mentioned Spyro: The Eternal Night briefly, but I will say that the game is much better than the other Spyro games on the platform, playing almost like a slightly slower, combo-driven Castlevania title as opposed to the isometric GBA predecessors.

The Tower SP is a really great SimTower port for GBA. I don't know if you can get a copy anymore (probably doubtful), but the game itself is utterly topnotch, and perfectly suited in this port for the GBA, diminutive screen and all.

Sabre Wulf is really, really good. It managed to avoid all of the typical (at the time) Rare pitfalls and get back to some of the roots of what made the company so great in its heyday.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is good fun, repetitive as it may be, while it lasts.

Jet Grind Radio! Not too shabby, although if you don't like the Tony Hawk implementation on GBA, you won't like this, as it's from the same isometric perspective.

I thoroughly enjoyed Road Rash: Jailbreak, although I've been told it actually isn't very good. Could just be me.

Turbo Turtle Adventure. Tough as nails, but sort of similar to the Frogger overhead perspective games for GBA, which are also excellent.

Go! Go! Beckham! Adventure on Soccer Island. Wow. This game really needed to have had some more exposure. Devilishly clever little platformer, I really didn't expect it to be that good! Worth a try.

Jet Grind Radio was one of my favorite games of all time for the Dreamcast, but I never knew it was produced as a Gameboy title.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

OmegaM

WiiAboutU wrote:

composerzane wrote:

Jet Grind Radio was one of my favorite games of all time for the Dreamcast, but I never knew it was produced as a Gameboy title.

there is, and it's not good at all. I loved that game on the DC and when I played this... sucked. I know it's a hell of a difference but heck...

Now playing - R-Type Final PS2
My backloggery - http://backloggery.com/OmegaMarcus/
My Gpxplus - http://my.gpxpl.us/OmegaMarcus

RudysaurusRex

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Final Fantasy 5 have been my favorite forever.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

BlueC

Pokemon Emerald and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Hallo :)

WiiAboutU

WiiAboutU wrote:

Which Gameboy was available in the color transparent blue ice and looked kind of like the new WiiU controller, but smaller? I had Earthworm Jim for it. I thought it was the Gameboy Advance, but I'm not sure. I believe it was released in the mid to late 1990's after the Virtual Boy.

Does anyone know which Gameboy this was.

Knux

Pokemon LeafGreen, the Sonic Advance series, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Metroid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission, and Final Fantasy VI Advance.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

tylers_username

wario land 4 and MandL:SS

Edited on by tylers_username

Out of every time I've ever been to gamestop I've only seen one man eat a pair of pants.

3ds fc: 4468-0963-7462 -tyler

Betrayer-Bot

5. Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2006
4. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
3. Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2003
2. Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2004
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Betrayer-Bot

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.