Forums

Topic: The Official GameCube Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 585

Ninfan

@ThanosReXXX yes sorry, I'll use the reply button. But seriously there only giving away gamecube game ( no other games ) Not switch or 3DS Or Xbox one of ps5. I really think there making money out of company's selling programmes.buy the time I had my desktop working I spent 500 euro on programmes. The desk top cost 400 euro . It only had a cheap keyboard and mouse , which cost about 20 euro, a monitor cost 100 euro. I think the cost of most set up's cost maybe 2000 euro by the time your finished setting it up. would you not agree !

Ninfan

Toy_Link

Ninfan wrote:

Thanks for your very insightful commentary with very valid (not at all trite) reasons why it's very legal to download Gamecube ROMs.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

I don't think it's illegal to download gamecube games from the net . They get there money from people using the net cost 40 euro a month and I have to buy some programmes if I want to download them. I mean there not FREE. I need Windows that 100 euro . I need a safe search that's 100 euro I need some zip files thats 20 euro and some other stuff which all were up to nearly 400 euro.

That's ILLEGAL to download ROMs from internet.You know Nothing about games copyright.
Safe your money by purchase the games only you want to buy.
Do little search from Ebay or playasia.
Even mostly Gamecube games are definetely NOT more than 400 Euro.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Ninfan save yourself the money and buy a cheap backwards compatible Wii. Way cheaper than the prices you paying for windows programme 😉

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ninfan

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Ninfan save yourself the money and buy a cheap backwards compatible Wii. Way cheaper than the prices you paying for windows programme 😉

@1UP_MARIO HOW WOULD THAT WORK ?

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Wii machine CAN play Gamecube games.
But, it should be matched with the games region. Both Wii and Gamecube games are REGION LOCK.
Wii USA machines cannot play Japan and PAL Wii / Gamecube games and vice versa.

Also, Wii U machines CAN play Wii games but cannot play Gamecube games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

All it is with these gamecube Rom's is that there saying with the 1000's of euro you spend on your desktop. You can have theses games for nothing. I mean I have 590 gamecube games in software forum and I played them 1000's of times, I've played eternal darkness a 1000 time's even though there's not really any repeatability it. I mean what else can you get free on the internet. Not much really...

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

All it is with these gamecube Rom's is that there saying with the 1000's of euro you spend on your desktop. You can have theses games for nothing. I mean I have 590 gamecube games in software forum and I played them 1000's of times, I've played eternal darkness a 1000 time's even though there's not really any repeatability it. I mean what else can you get free on the internet. Not much really...

Wow...
What a greedy statement. 😒
Thinking that having 1000+ ROMs games in PC desktop for FREE was okay, you were so greedy in gaming.
I have to wait until get my salary every month so i can spend some Original games and bought what games i need to play.
This is example of affordable Gamecube game from Ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAMECUBE-SPIEL-KAO-ROUND-2-THE-KAN...

Don't tell me if you can't buy that cheap Gamecube game.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Well, sorry to disappoint, but I do definitely NOT agree. Your comment makes no sense whatsoever, and I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. WHO is giving away GameCube games, and WHO is making money off of them?

Like someone said, just buy an old, GameCube compatible Wii (the one with the GameCube controller ports and memory card slots on it) and play GameCube games on there. Or do what I did: softmod your Wii, which is NOT illegal, and then connect a portable hard drive to it and then rip your ORIGINAL GameCube games to that hard drive, by installing them via the Wii's DVD drive and a USB Loader. I myself have installed my ENTIRE collection of GameCube games to the Wii, which is 146 GameCube games in total.

You'll then have two options: either play the installed games on the Wii from the hard drive, or connect the hard drive to your PC or laptop and then copy the ripped games to a folder which you can then use with Dolphin. No illegal game downloading needed, just your own games...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

Is there a Gamecube homebrew scene anywhere. ( i know there's a massive Dreamcast one ).

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Is there a Gamecube homebrew scene anywhere. ( i know there's a massive Dreamcast one ).

1. Buy Wii machine.
2. Insert Gamecube disc into Wii machine, make sure the region is same with the machine.
3. Play and enjoy.

NO homebrew required.

Anti-Matter

FullbringIchigo

@ThanosReXXX i still have my GameCube and my OG Wii (which i use to play GameCube games on my HD TV), i love me some GameCube it was a great little system which had loads of great games (including the awesome Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes)

it and the PS2 were probably my favourite ever consoles

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

ThanosReXXX

@FullbringIchigo Yup, I think that a lot of people overlooked/ignored the GameCube either because it was Nintendo, or because of its looks, but it was a damn good console, and had some pretty great games, some of which are true hidden gems.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

1. Buy Wii machine.
2. Insert Gamecube disc into Wii machine, make sure the region is same with the machine.
3. Play and enjoy.

NO homebrew required.

@Anti-Matter homebrew is definitely required. I need more games and new ones would be great.

Ninfan

FullbringIchigo

@ThanosReXXX yeah i think so too a lot of people saw it as a baby console which is a shame, same as with the Wii U (although Nintendos confusing marketing didn't help much) but i have thoroughly enjoyed every Nintendo system

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Buy the games, NOT download the ROMs from internet.
To tell you, my Gamecube games are just only THREE so far.
1. Harvest Moon Magical Melody
2. The Sims Buatin' Out
3. Kao the Kangaroo Round 2
I bought them with my salary.
Legal and Original, including the box and manual inside.
How about you ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Don't be silly. No one, and I do mean no one NEEDS new games. Games are just a hobby, a luxury, a modern commodity, but we can all do just perfectly fine without them, so it's not like they're a basic human necessity...

As for GameCube-related homebrew: try using Google, you'll never know how many results you'll find.
But the answer to your question is yes, there actually is a GameCube homebrew scene. It isn't very big, though, other than basically part of the same as what you can get on a soft-modded Wii, so some retro remakes, Doom and Quake ports, and lots and lots of emulators for just about every system that came before. But there's more available on the Wii and the emulators all run better on there, seeing as it's more powerful, so you'd be better off soft-modding a Wii and getting all your GameCube stuff and related wares on there, instead of messing with a GameCube, which is harder to do as well.

@FullbringIchigo Those mini DVD's probably didn't help much in that regard, either...

Oh, and definitely also agreed on the GameCube edition of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes.
I still own that game as well.

Ninfan

see there thinking of releasing KILLER 7 again. brilliant game. but i don't think I need to play that one again.

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Says who? I've not seen any news about that on here.

Ninfan

it said it in the headline, THINKING of doing it.

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic