Forums

Topic: FuncoLand Game Prices December 1996

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

ogo79

Beetlejuice wrote:

In Canada I remember spending upwards of $120 on a single N64 game when tax was factored in

its funny how some people cant remember these prices at funco. with prices like this how could anyone ever forget

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

MikeLove

ogo79 wrote:

Beetlejuice wrote:

In Canada I remember spending upwards of $120 on a single N64 game when tax was factored in

its funny how some people cant remember these prices at funco. with prices like this how could anyone ever forget

When I was 14-16 years old and had to save up lawn cutting money for a month to buy a single N64 game, you bet your ass I played it all the way though...sometimes several times!!!

MikeLove

Ryu_Niiyama

[quote=Ryno]

Spoony_Tech wrote:

And gamers complain about the prices of video games today. Despite ridiculous inflation on everything else in the world, the price of current Nintendo games has actually gone down (yeah, I know cartridges were more expensive to produce than disc).

Oh and Mega Man X3 was $64.99 and DKC3 was $69.99 even back then. I keep telling people SNES games ranged from $49.99 to $69.99 back in the day when they were released.

Ugh. I remember those days. I had to pretty much make a business proposal to my mom (my dad was very anti video games) to get a new game. So grateful I discovered emulation when I was 13. I will say I much prefer gaming as an adult. I have gone back and filled out my retro game collection. So many games I wanted as a kid that I get to play (or at least own cuz well real life is busy) thanks to adulthood (tm)!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

brooks83

I can remember as a kid going to FuncoLand or Toys R Us and my parents giving me a $20 limit. That's a habit that has stuck with me today, as I very rarely pay full price for video games. I think the only exceptions during the Wii era were Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem, and on the Wii U now I bought Mario Kart 8 at full price, but that's only because it came wth a free game.

brooks83

KingMike

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways, i don't recall there being any Funcoland's in canada. Toys 'R Us including other toy stores and outlets, the mall(ect) where my go-to-gaming places. But i rented the majority of the time. Getting an Actual brand new NES game was a rare feat for me indeed. My collection barely hit 15 back then!

You're too far north of the border.
(no, I don't know how widespread the actual stores (as opposed to their mail-order division Funco) were in the rest of the country, though it sounds like there were plenty but I'm sure there were a number in their HQ state of Minnesota, before beating eaten up by GameStop.
Maybe I only heard of them once they started to advertise more?
And with ads that weren't so adorably low-budget.

ogo, if someone rents one of your rare games will they get it flying out their monitor?

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways, i don't recall there being any Funcoland's in canada. Toys 'R Us including other toy stores and outlets, the mall(ect) where my go-to-gaming places. But i rented the majority of the time. Getting an Actual brand new NES game was a rare feat for me indeed. My collection barely hit 15 back then!

(no, I don't know how widespread the actual stores (as opposed to their mail-order division Funco) were in the rest of the country, though it sounds like there were plenty but I'm sure there were a number in their HQ state of Minnesota, before beating eaten up by GameStop.

ogo, if someone rents one of your rare games will they get it flying out their monitor?

i dont get that commercial lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

SCRAPPER392

That's crazy. I wasn't really around for SNES, prior, but I don't remember ever buying an N64 game for more than $40. It was usually $10 for the cheapo games, and $20-40 for the games I would consider higher end. SNES games were like $10-15 used, but I never saw them NIB.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TanookiToad64

Oh my goodness. Wow, thanks for posting this. Brings back some memories. A fun trip down memory lane for sure.

TanookiToadTeam YouTube Channel

Loves the GB, Mario Kart, SNES, Smash Bros, GC, Wii and mostly anything else Nintendo!

I believe that good things come to those who work – Wilt Chamberlain

Previous: 4 Player MK64 Mir...

3DS Friend Code: 1478-5591-8095 | Twitter:

ogo79

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

KingMike wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

i dont get that commercial lol

Try this one instead.

it...it all makes sense now

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Try this one instead.

That is way to sexualized, I may write an article about it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

the_shpydar

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Try this one instead.

That is way to sexualized, I may write an article about it.

@Ryno wins all The Internets for today.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.