Forums

Topic: can a nintendo toploader model nes 101 play homebrew nes games ?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

matthew1000

Hi everyone I am new here

can anyone tell me if a nintendo nes toploader model nes 101 play homebrew nes games at all ?

thanks to anyone who helps me out

matthew1000

muhep

If you have yourself an NES flashcart of some sort and whatever homebrew you're looking to run has been tested, then you're fine. Untested games can be hit or miss.

Now if you're talking about reproduction carts of homebrew games, then as far as I know they all work on all models of NES unless otherwise specified.

What are you looking to play, maybe I can help further?

Horn Hunter Extraordinaire

ogo79

yes.
my toploader plays everything.
pal games, repros and homebrews.
remember homebrews were designed to actually play on nes in the first place.
if anything our toploaders are more compatible

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

Like @ogo79 said, toploaders will basically play anything and everything.

I have heard instances of certain homebrew/repro carts having problems in a toploader, but that's only really been when the hb/repro games have been made by people who barely know what they're doing (working off of bad donor boards, etc).

It only really tends to be clone consoles that may have problems with hb/repros (for instance, my Bloodlines repro won't play in my R3, but works perfectly in my actual Genny system). Also, some hb'ers will intentionally make their carts so that they can't be played in systems like the Retron5, as a sort of protest over the fact that the R5 uses "stolen" emulator software (that was never meant for commercial use) in its design.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

Also, some hb'ers will intentionally make their carts so that they can't be played in systems like the Retron5, as a sort of protest

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

muhep

Hey now @ogo79

You trying to make me look like the kid?

Or are you gonna be the ***hole at the end of all the rest of those 80s & 90s videos?

Horn Hunter Extraordinaire

ogo79

muhep wrote:

Hey now @ogo79

You trying to make me look like the kid?

Or are you gonna be the ***hole at the end of all the rest of those 80s & 90s videos?

im gonna be the ***hole at the end of all the rest of those 80s & 90s videos.
it doesnt take much effort on my part

the_shpydar wrote:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.