Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,001 to 9,020 of 11,914

JaxonH

I just played like 7 hours of Gears of War 5 campaign in online co-op with brother.

Thoughts

This is easily one of the most amazing exclusives I’ve played all generation. I can’t believe how good this game is! Yet so few people talked about it when it released? Gears has always been good, but this game is on another level. It’s unbelievable. Previous Gears games were great- I played a fair bit of Gears Ultimate and Gears 4. Solid 9/10 games. But I’m struggling to find a reason Gears 5 isn’t a 10/10. I just can’t find any reason to knock this game. It’s near flawless in every single way. And it’s definitely one of the best looking games I’ve ever seen. 2160p 60fps Ultra? This game isn’t messing around.

I’ve always admired the fact Gears of War is designed ground up to include co-op in the single player campaign, both local splitscreen and Online. And that’s not even including the four other modes, which, horde mode is, of course, a classic. But man, exploration in this game is so addictive. The gun play is absolutely phenomenal (on PC, with gyro in the controller mapped to the mouse for aiming).

I wasn’t originally going to preorder Gears Tactics, but after tonight, it’s a day one buy. I’m into it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

I seem to remember hearing it had online multi-player problems, at least on launch, @JaxonH .... Those might well have been fixed by now? Glad you're liking it so much, anyway!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Ok Xbox just dropped the best console trailer ever (I think it's IGN joking? Is it? I have no idea what's going on)

"Just a sh*tload of ports" Lolololol.

My guess is that this is a real thing but IGN made a fake trailer for it, for a laugh? That size thing can't possibly be real.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Lols, yeah, that's a joke, @Dezzy .... I mean, the series X looks like that but the XXL bit gives away that they're making it a lot bigger While the 'sh*tload of ports' is blatantly not going to be true! Since it'll already play all XB1 games, most 360 ones & they're looking to improve BC further, why do ports?
Quite a funny video, though!

Edited on by antdickens

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
They were referencing actual ports on the back of the system, like HDMI and Ethernet ports. Watch it again and you’ll see a whole 5 x 8 array of HDMI ports 😁

And ya, no issues with online in Gears 5. Flawless experience all day we played. And we were playing via PC-Xbox crossplay too.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Heh, I realised later, @JaxonH .... I'm glad any issues with that have been fixed! I'm far more interested in Gears Tactics, myself but feel free to add me on Steam, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Yep, although I got both on Steam in sales, @Grumblevolcano .... I'm sure some will like to try them, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

DarkRula

I'm not surprised IGN are doing more parody trailers after that Mandalorian Season 2 one. At least they had the sense to label it as a parody this time.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Zeldafan79

Hey everyone i got a question. Do you think it's worth it to buy an Xbox 360 in 2020? I've been thinking about getting one mainly for the Halo games and any other exclusives that might be fun. Any reason i should just skip it and go with Xbox one? I've only ever owned the original model.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

Well, you can play most 360 games on XBox One, @Zeldafan79 .... So, if there might be any current gen games you'd like, that'd be better? They're currently at good prices for the S & X models If you're really only interested in 360 era games, I guess those are going pretty cheap, too! But then you might like some of the next gen stuff, so maybe wait for Series X?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

@Zeldafan79 Depends on pricing and other platforms.

Do you own a PS4 to play current gen games? How cheap is the 360 you're looking at, especially considering the Xbone can go pretty cheap in sales?

In general, I don't think older platforms are worth purchasing unless you're doing so for exclusives that can't be played elsewhere or unless you're going for a properly retro experience. If you're mainly looking to play Halo, it's probably a better idea to get an Xbone S cheap in a sale or something and sub to Game Pass when it's $1. Most of the 360's former exclusives are playable on a One, as well.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

gcunit

@Zeldafan79 I already have an Xbox One X but I'm going to buy a 360 soon. It's pretty much entirely so that I can play Project Gotham Racing 1-4, but I suspect I might dabble with the Kinect games too.

What I'd like to know is, are there any adapters for a Windows 360 controller so that you can use it on a 360? There's plenty of adapters for 360 controllers to be used on a PC, but I'm looking to do the opposite.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

So, Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to Game Pass.

That...couldn't have been cheap.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninfan

Does sea of thieves havs online play.

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Try Googling it.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Ninfan

Sea of Thieves is only online play.

@DarthNocturnal is it that you put a team together with online players or just wander around its world on your own looking for treasure..

Ninfan

kkslider5552000

So something I find interesting is that Microsoft feel like its setting up its exclusives going forward to be like they were when they still genuinely cared about exclusives, especially during the original Xbox days. At least based off of what they own now. Focus on western RPGs with maybe a couple of darker takes on "kiddie" genres, launching with Halo, first notable game announced for it will inevitably be overshadowed by that Halo game (anyone remember that weird hammer game on the original Xbox)? Forza's basically replaced Project Gotham Racing (a series I miss personally), and We Happy Few might live up to fail to live up to hype as many times as Fable did (ha). Also, Rare might be partially good again. (partially good is exactly where they were before Kinect)

I'm mostly joking, but if Sega agrees to some exclusive sequels to recent games of theirs, I'm calling a trend here. Or a new Fusion Frenzy! (we can only hope) And I do think Xbox is looking towards what it was doing before while still maintaining their brand (even if I find their brand of gaming to be very stale at points). I just hope they can pull it off the same way Nintendo has with a lot of the Switch's library.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic