Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,861 to 8,880 of 11,914

Octane

@Zuljaras I mean, yeah probably. But since you get a game for free on GOG if you own it already on Steam for example, you never know. It wouldn't be a stretch if they also gave you the game on GOG when buying it on consoles. Possibly with cross-system saves like TW3 on Switch and PC.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane It's not weird at all.

They're just announcing an upgrade patch for the Xbox Series X version of the game (and possibly PS5) with "consumer friendly" language. It makes sense, really. This is probably part of their marketing deal with Microsoft. It reassures the portion of the market that might have held off in favor of a 'next-gen remaster' that there will only be one version of the game per console line. And it wins them PR points for doing basically nothing (there will probably be a lot of AAA games this year that get next-gen patches for the new consoles).

They're not going to give people free PC games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

@Ralizah They're already doing that on PC with Steam/GOG. And those aren't even their own games so they're not making any profit of it. So it wouldn't surprise me.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Talking about GOG Connect? Yes, they allow people to import some games they already own on Steam to GOG via Galaxy. It's a smart way to attract business away from a competitor without inspiring anger (hello, EGS!), since almost nobody is going to buy a game on both Steam and GOG, and large existing libraries are generally what keep people tethered to one launcher or store over competitors.

There will definitely be a cross-section of people that buy Cyberpunk on both PC and console, though.

There is no world where CDProjektRed gives you a PC version of the game after buying it on console.

Edited on by Ralizah

DarkRula

New fans from the movie can experience the best of boost, and get a load of this history of the series in just one game. And for free.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Ralizah "Gamers should never be forced to purchase the same game twice"

Yeah this seemed like an ill-considered statement to me. They've literally just launched a Switch version of the Witcher. Why didn't we get it for free if we owned the PS4/Xbox/PC version?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Microsoft, I believe, has the marketing rights to Cyberpunk 2077, so it makes sense to promote the game alongside their next-gen console, which is likely why they only confirmed this feature with regard to the new Xbox. Wording it that way costs them nothing and gets people online squealing about how wonderful and pro-consumer they are again.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

How can you people take a straight-forward statement and turn it into a conundrum? It's like everybody has become Charlie Brown all at once.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Because their straight-forward statement is literally incorrect. As I just showed. I bought both Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 twice!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Yesterday the Halo twitter randomly revealed this trailer:

I'd guess from this that Halo CE is coming this week for PC.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Well, provided they like basketball (games), of course...
I do see another game in there, which might be of interest to a certain @NEStalgia person, though.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Just pulling your leg, man. Different strokes for different folks. Basketball is just not my thing, so saying it's a great addition by default is not necessarily and universally true, so that's what inspired me to add my two cents.

Interesting article, and nice if it happens. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Either way, the wait isn't even all that long anymore, for some official footage or info, so I guess I'll be able to keep myself in check for a couple more months...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

@ThanosReXXX thanks, I'll make sure and add "in my opinion" to all future opinions so no one accidentally mistakes my opinion for a gospel truth of all gamers. Glad ya told me!

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 It's interesting how Microsoft is giving so much more info than the others. For Nintendo there's been no general Direct for 6 months and counting and nothing's really happening on the Sony front in terms of info for upcoming stuff.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Sheesh, man. What's with the temper/attitude? As I said, I was just kidding, nothing to get your pants in a twist about, really.

redd214

@Grumblevolcano yeah certainly is interesting, I like what they're doing though I think it'll pay off for them! Conversely unlike many others I don't think that the quietness of the other 2 are really as big of a deal as folks are making it out to be.

@ThanosReXXX lol so was I champ

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Oh, man, my bad. Online communication remains sucky at times. I've been offline for over a week, due to a lot of crappy stuff, so now that I've just returned, I'm not quite as aware as I normally am...

Oh, well. Water under the bridge, and all that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic