Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 12,741 to 12,760 of 12,765

Kermit1

@NintendoByNature Yep, the Series X/S is pretty much a suped up Xbox One. The store is pretty much the same.

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

NintendoByNature

@Kermit1Pineapple that's good to know thanks. It'll mostly be for the family, but I'll grab some od the triple A titles I don't get on switch.

NintendoByNature

Kermit1

@NintendoByNature I'd recommend Gamepass, it saves a lot of money when having an Xbox.

Currently Playing:

jowe_gv

I almost bought a Series S this black friday sale but the act that I'm buying a game console without support for physical media holds me back. Specially seeing the drive of some publishers to increase game prices for some reason. Have to admit tho, that console price is REALLY good.

Maybe I'd buy a Series X early next year if I find one for a good price tho. I want to experience the next gen consoles in some way and PS5 are still kinda hard to find where I live (specially without s*** games attatched to inflate the price). At the very least it would allow me to play current gen and late last gen games that I missed since I only play games on Switch at the moment.

Although as an interested outsider to the whole Xbox thing... It's just me or they produced NOTHING internally? Maybe that's just because I'm a Nintendo guy but it seems so barren. Hoping they start getting more first and second party games over there because I don't want my first Xbox console to only be for 3rd party games.

jowe_gv

Ryu_Niiyama

@jowe_gw MS is more of a 3rd party/acquisitions shop. Now if they leverage that in a few years they will have a bunch of exclusives due to simply not porting anywhere else but xbox’s real punch is the backwards compatibility and game pass. Also depending on the person, the controller. They do have exclusives like halo, gears and forza if you like shooters and car racing. But you aren’t going to find a lot exclusives as that isn’t where their money is made.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

Another stupid question: can I buy a digital xbox one code to redeem on the S?

@Kermit1Pineapple I'll consider it, although I do like buying my games outright for the most part.

NintendoByNature

Kermit1

@NintendoByNature Gamepass is a great way to test games before you play

for your question: idk, I think so, I need to triple check.

Currently Playing:

jowe_gv

@Ryu_Niiyama I thought that but still... Despite being more of a Nintendo guy, I've seen multiple Xbox presentations to see what they are doing and they keep repeating "world exclusive" and such so I guess they want to change that a bit.

Although, even if they want to change, you're right that right now they are focused on 3rd party and gamepass. And gamepass right now is a great deal to be fair. If I buy an Xbox console it would be with that in mind. More exclusives would be nice tho.

The backwards compatibility thing is another thing that would be interesting to experience. Can you just put disks of the og Xbox or the 360 on your Xbox Series X? Are all the backwards compatible games avaliable on their digital stores?

Edited on by jowe_gv

jowe_gv

Tasuki

@jowe_gw Only certain Original Xbox and Xbox 360 games are backwards compatible, I am sure that there is a list somewhere online because there are alot of them. Most games that are Backwards Compatible are available on the MS Store digitally unless for some reason due to some agreement. For example, Forza Horizon 2 is no longer available on the MS Store digitally due to end of life, but I was able to find a copy of the game on disc at a flea market and pop it into my Series X and it ran fine.

Keep in mind also MS is done making Original Xbox games and 360 games backwards compatible now so if there is one in particular that's not on the list chances are it won't be backwards compatible.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryu_Niiyama

@jowe_gw what @Tasuki said. Not every BC game got a digital release either so just check the list and go from there.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

jowe_gv

@Tasuki Oh, ok. I thought the list was games avaliable to be bought in the MS Store but I guess it's compatible games period. Good to know. Are they still adding games to it?

jowe_gv

jowe_gv

@Tasuki oh. I missed that for some reason. Thanks anyway tho. I'll check out what games are in.

jowe_gv

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Hello Neighbor 2 is coming out in 3 days. Anyone want to start a betting pool on how awful it will be?

Edit @mods this is a joke I’m not actually trying to start a betting pool unless your okay with it

Edited on by EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is awesome
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

kkslider5552000

Well this is the only Xbox thing that matters until (insert Starfield release date here). I've never felt more mixed on business dealings in my life. Because this deal not going through is ultimately for the best for gaming as a whole but for the worst for Activision Blizzard employees.

Speaking of which, this came out today, because Activision Blizzard in late 2022 is still Activision Blizzard:

I had enough reason to boycott this company nearly 4 years ago, and they've not stopped once since then.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Misadventures of Tron Bonne Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy TRON BONNE < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

What does disturbing revisions to the game’s script mean? Especially for a Diablo game which isn’t a happy series anyway?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Pizzamorg

I am pretty sure if I understand it correctly, that thing by the FTC doesn’t actually do anything in any material sense and they haven’t made the right kind of challenge or whatever to actually physically block the deal going through, it is more of like a performative motion? It is all very convoluted.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381

PC games currently playing: Midnight Suns.
PS5 Games currently playing:
Switch Games currently playing: Fire Emblem Engage.

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

The Pure xbox review is something else. I cant defend or criticize the game but a review shouldn’t spend more time complaining about the humor than reviewing the game.

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Nier automa/replicant, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is awesome
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic