Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 11,914

Peach64

To be fair, there's a solid reasoning behind the one name. Nobody gets what the U is meant to represent.

Peach64

Midnight3DS

Wii-U is still the weirdest. Does the U stand for universe?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Phatosaurus

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@Peach64 - Why is it called "ONE?" I didn't get to catch all of the presentation, so I'm unsure why that chose that name.

Because when you see ONE you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

6ch6ris6

i dont get the critic for the name,
the only thing where people dont hate is when consoles are named after numbers, which i think is lame.

xbox one is cool. not great. just cool. infinity would have been a little bit more interesting but "one" is okay.

i think sega still had the coolest console names. creamcast is my favourite though i never even played that thing :/

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ralizah

It makes you pay to play a game on more than one system?!

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

Oh god, this thing is going to suck so much!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

LzWinky

Midnight3DS wrote:

It's supposed to signify that it's for "You" (U)

Anywho...this was very underwhelming and seems to focus too much on the multimedia aspect.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Peach64

Phatosaurus wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@Peach64 - Why is it called "ONE?" I didn't get to catch all of the presentation, so I'm unsure why that chose that name.

Have a think about that statement

The idea is that it's an all in one system, and while I don't think it's bad written down, every time I someone said it out loud in the presentation I found myself laughing. I know the original Xbox was not called Xbox 1, but people call it that often.

Peach64

ThePirateCaptain

Midnight3DS wrote:

Off topic but whatever.
I believe the U is supposed to stand for YOU as in the player. If I remember correctly, it was because Nintendo wanted it to represent their focus on the hardcore gamers rather than the "casual" Wii (or We).

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

Phatosaurus wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

...so you walk backwards?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GuardianKing

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i dont get the critic for the name,
the only thing where people dont hate is when consoles are named after numbers, which i think is lame.

xbox one is cool. not great. just cool. infinity would have been a little bit more interesting but "one" is okay.

i think sega still had the coolest console names. creamcast is my favourite though i never even played that thing :/

I think it would've sold better if it was called the Creamcast.

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Phatosaurus

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

...so you walk backwards?

Untitled

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

SCRAPPER392

Ralizah wrote:

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Really, I still think Xbox One looks better.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.
We still don't know enough information...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Midnight3DS

LzQuacker wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

It's supposed to signify that it's for "You" (U)

Anywho...this was very underwhelming and seems to focus too much on the multimedia aspect.

Ok... I was thinking along the lines of miiverse. Some grand universe concept.

Midnight3DS

CapnPancakes wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Off topic but whatever.
I believe the U is supposed to stand for YOU as in the player. If I remember correctly, it was because Nintendo wanted it to represent their focus on the hardcore gamers rather than the "casual" Wii (or We).

Oh really. Wii-U got nitpicked for it's name. You don't care it was off topic.

Ralizah

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing them.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

Since you have to pay a fee to install a disc onto a system beyond it's original, does that mean that anyone who buys a used game, will have to pay the fee?

(not big into buying used myself, but just curious)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GuardianKing

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing it.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Well... Guess who's not getting my money

@RR529 I believe so.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

OptometristLime

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

You are very wordy, it doesn't seem like you address a person's points so much as usurp Nintendo authority and turn the argument against the person. Which does you a disservice because not only are you reiterating their opinion (but trying to project a Nintendo tone), you establish the validity of their point by addressing it so aggressively.

Let the war rage on, 'tis the season after all! But please consider that other posters may have strong opposing opinions which cannot be countered by more opinions. If humans were purely logic oriented beings we could forego this discourse entirely.
a noble course of action

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic