Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 11,914

Gamer83

It's a good move for MS. This along with taking out that check-in crap has me looking forward to getting an Xbox One. Still going with PS4 first since I already have it pre-ordered and Sony has better first party, but MS is taking steps in the right direction and it's good to see because until Mattrick and Phil Spencer took over, you could make a strong case for the Xbox brand being the best in gaming.

Gamer83

moomoo

I say a change in leadership is good for the company (in this case, both companies). On the Zynga side, advertising is what they seriously need (it's almost all through word of mouth on Facebook), and if there's one thing that Mattrick is good at, it's advertising.
On the Microsoft side, it shows a lack of vision when a company is so sure of itself on its policies and then 5 days later completely reverses them.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

shingi_70

I wouldn't call that a lack of vision. All of microsoft's other product lines are moving toward that way and have been somewhat successful to the move to services and devices. Upper management just assumed games would as well and when it was a giant revolt they back pealed to save the product from going the way of 3DO.

Damn that music is so awesome. Probably my anticipated launch title between each console.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

KAHN

so... there's a petition to get those policies back... $5 bucks says it's a petition consisting of PS4 fanboys.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Snagrio

KAHN wrote:

so... there's a petition to get those policies back... $5 bucks says it's a petition consisting of PS4 fanboys.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

banacheck

KAHN wrote:

However, many of the signatures “supporting” the petition appear to be from PlayStation 4 fans who want the Xbox One to fail.

I think this answers it.

Xbox One [Microsoft, FBI, CIA, NSA] - There on to us.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

banacheck

the company revealed for the first time that it has failed to entice many people to buy the product, and the software maker made an unexpected, $900 million writeoff on its unsold Surface inventory. The losses don't end there: On Friday morning, Microsoft shed $30 billion in value after its stock tumbled 10 percent.

Things just keep-on getting better for Microsoft, and people think there back-on track.

banacheck

JadeGirl

I was a loyal fan of Microsoft until they messed things up with this new system called Xbox One. Greatly disappointed in the system! I have no idea what they were thinking. I was already annoyed with the fact I have to pay just to play online. I mean really can't use the system without internet!? Can't play used games on the system, epic fail! Who can afford to buy a brand new game every single time? I sure can't. They also focused on entertainment to much... Um why do we buy gaming systems in the first place? To play video games! Not movies and television programming. If I wanted to see movies I will go buy the DVD, cable or get Netflix. I still have not heard if they fixed the problem where if your connecting to internet and then blocked because you have to enter to use the wifi, like at hotels. Have they fixed that yet? That's so frustrating! I wasn't able to play online for 2 months! Then Once I got internet my membership was over. So a complete waste of my money! I don't think Microsoft even cares about the opinions of fans, in fact they don't if they did they would do better! I can officially say I am switching over to Sony! Buying a PS3 next month!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

The_Fox

JadeGirl wrote:

I was a loyal fan of Microsoft until they messed things up with this new system called Xbox One. Greatly disappointed in the system! I have no idea what they were thinking. I was already annoyed with the fact I have to pay just to play online. I mean really can't use the system without internet!? Can't play used games on the system, epic fail! Who can afford to buy a brand new game every single time? I sure can't. They also focused on entertainment to much... Um why do we buy gaming systems in the first place? To play video games! Not movies and television programming. If I wanted to see movies I will go buy the DVD, cable or get Netflix. I still have not heard if they fixed the problem where if your connecting to internet and then blocked because you have to enter to use the wifi, like at hotels. Have they fixed that yet? That's so frustrating! I wasn't able to play online for 2 months! Then Once I got internet my membership was over. So a complete waste of my money! I don't think Microsoft even cares about the opinions of fans, in fact they don't if they did they would do better! I can officially say I am switching over to Sony! Buying a PS3 next month!

So I'm guessing you haven't heard that the whole always online and bizarre used games policies have been dropped, then?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

JadeGirl

The_Fox wrote:

So I'm guessing you haven't heard that the whole always online and bizarre used games policies have been dropped, then?

Yep I heard that, but for it to even been considered is insane!

Love is the Answer!
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I wouldn't doubt PS4 will try and do TV stuff, too. Movies and music are on everything these days. The thing is gonna play video games. All that TV, music, etc. stuff is a side thing.

Also, they're making it so you can play games with TV shows and stuff. They're just spending money for the hell of it, probably.

Wii U has TVii as well. I've only used it twice and I already have stuff connected to my TV like the Xbox One using ARC on my HDTV without a million inputs on the back. It's just standard stuff, and I don't think it affects how they handle their video games at all.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

JadeGirl

@SCAR392 Yes your going to have to experience tv, music etc. But it just shouldn't be the main subject like the presentation they made it such a big deal! Should be about what new ideas they have created for the games.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@JadeGirl
There will be games for Xbox One, no doubt. We all want to see some cool stuff, but that's most likely all they wanted to show for now to give a general idea of the UI layout.

They wanted to show you can go in between games, movies/TV, music, etc. using the Kinect. The Wii U does this stuff with the GamePad already. They're similar features, but they go about it in different ways.

It's remote integration vs. console integration when it comes to TV. Wii U still has yet to have other media, but it's not that big of a deal to me.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

JadeGirl

@SCAR392 I am very interested in the Ryse Game coming out for Xbox... But Its still not enough to make me forgive them. I want Microsoft to do more for their customers and also do away with Gold Membership! That would be very nice! Would be nice to see them get more of their own franchise games I can just number off the games by them alone! They need a lot of more of their own games like Nintendo and Sony has!

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@JadeGirl
I don't see Xbox Live Gold going away, but I think they might lower the price or keep the price as it is and give you games once a month/week similar PS+, except you get to keep them.

They've charged tons of people $60 for a year for years, so I think it's in the cards they'll give more back for supporting their console.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

JadeGirl

@SCAR392 Maybe they will. They have to do something. Seeing there sells are dropping.

Love is the Answer!

Twitter:

shingi_70

JadeGirl wrote:

@SCAR392 Yes your going to have to experience tv, music etc. But it just shouldn't be the main subject like the presentation they made it such a big deal! Should be about what new ideas they have created for the games.

Which is why they had two presentations one aimed at TV and not at you, and the other which was nothing but games.

All of this seems to be made somewhat moot by chromecast anyway.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic