Forums

Topic: Xbox 360 Worth it?

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

ItsFuzzyPickles

You have a Wii and Playstation 3, correct?

In that case, no. It has the RRoD, terrible hardware and software failure rate, lacking upcoming exclusives, and worst of all, you're force to pay $50 a year for ONLINE PLAY!

Sure it's a good console, but it's not worth your money.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

DarkG

Have yet to hear of high rates of RROD/E74/Overheating problems on consoles from the last 14 months at least... warranty for taht is 3 years, so there's nothing to worry about on that side...

I have never heard of any SOFTWARE failures... and I've had my 360 for a long time, weird, I would've heard or experienced one by now...
you can pay less if you want, and some games can be played online with a Silver account...
upcoming exclusives is subjective, I see a lot on Wii and DS, a good amount on 360, but none in the near future for my PS3 (Uncharted 2 is already out...), so it all depends on your taste (or how much of a blind fanboy you are lol)

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Nintendork

DarkG wrote:

so it all depends on your taste (or how much of a blind fanboy you are lol)

I LOL at the irony.

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

vampirelich

Yeah I decided to hold off, I only wanted it for XBLA, but I think I'll just wait a while.
Did you know it does not have built in wireless?

vampirelich

IAmNotWill

Nintendork wrote:

DarkG wrote:

so it all depends on your taste (or how much of a blind fanboy you are lol)

I LOL at the irony.

I know! lol.

vampirelich wrote:

Yeah I decided to hold off, I only wanted it for XBLA, but I think I'll just wait a while.

Yeah, I know. Thats bull.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

DarkG

vampirelich wrote:

IF you're gonna play multiplayer-intensive games with Wi-Fi access you shouldn't play at all... Wi-Fi is not as cheap, reliable, safe or fast as Ethernet (unless you get the new Wireless-N adapter...)

Corbs

The lack of built-in wireless is one of the single biggest stumbling blocks with the Xbox 360 console. I love it, but having to add another $100 just to plug in that wireless network adapter is insane.

Plain old gamer :)

RandomWiiPlayer

Corbie wrote:

The lack of built-in wireless is one of the single biggest stumbling blocks with the Xbox 360 console. I love it, but having to add another $100 just to plug in that wireless network adapter is insane.

There is a way to use Wi-Fi without it.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Corbs

So you have to connect a laptop to the Xbox 360 in order do it? Hmmm. I guess if you don't want to shell out the $100 and have a laptop, it's a good idea.

Plain old gamer :)

OldBoy

Use a long ethernet cable, it by far a more reliable connection method for online play,if it had built in wireless it would cost more to manufacture so they made a desicion to leave it out while ensuring that it could still be online straight out of the box. As for the Xbox itself ,its totally worth getting just for the arcade alone not to mention the other great games on there. The newer models are far more reliable so the RROD is not an issue to any new buyers,plus a 3 year warranty which is amazing. They are selling the elite with 2 controllers and 3 new recent games for £199 in the Uk at that price it's a steal. Go get one

What's this bit for again?

Magi

I just have a long ethernet cable that I keep rolled up behind my entertainment center. When I want to get online I just plug it in to my router (which sadly is about 20 feet from my tv) but it works great and it's cheap.

I've also heard you can run the original xbox wireless network adapter on the 360, which run about 50 bucks. Can anyone confirm that? Are there any drawbacks of going that route vs. the 360 adapter?

I was in gamestop yesterday and they said they sell used wirless adapters for 69.00 but they don't stay in-stock for long so check often. If you had their membership, then you'd save an additional 6 or 7 bucks I think. Not bad vs. $99 new.

Magi

DarkG

Magi wrote:

I've also heard you can run the original xbox wireless network adapter on the 360, which run about 50 bucks. Can anyone confirm that? Are there any drawbacks of going that route vs. the 360 adapter?

I've heard that too.. I guess it must be an 802.11b (or b/g at best like the PS3 and Wii internal ones) adapter, while the official Xbox 360 one is 802.11a/b/g and the new one will be a/b/g/n... 802.11a has the least interference, while having as much bandwidth as 802.11g, so it's preferred unless you have 802.11n @ 5 GHz... so the only drawback is the compatibility, and that's up to you to decide if it's worth the extra cash depending on if you have a Wireless Router that supports a or n...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.