Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 3,237

Ravage

I`ll gift you Alex Kidd (since I don`t have much left on my Paypal), Terra.
Should I gift it right away? Or should I wait?

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ravage

Sure thing; I`ll wait for the last 2 or three people to roll in. In the mean time, we can all check out the regional price differences via this site.

rustythekid

I'm not sold into PQ2 but what the hell, 'tis the season count me in and let me know which game you like.

I'm here

I'll be checking this thread for updates.

Edited on by rustythekid

rustythekid

Xkhaoz

Wait..... I just checked my specs and I actually think I CAN run Source, but can someone just make sure. Here's my specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53 GHz
Memory: 1278 RAM
DirectX version 9
Graphic card: Intel(R) 82865G Grahpics Controller

The only think keeping me from playing is disk space. If someone could check those specs, and if they check, I'll be freaking happy, and I'll need to get a big hard drive.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

I'm assuming that is 1GB of Ram, which is a little low and will limit the amount of memory on your integrated graphics card. Other than that, Intel graphics cards are barely graphics cards, but they do work sometimes. The only way of knowing is to try it. Unless you can find someone with the exact same specs who has tried it.

@Terra: Did you want me to get it now, or are you still waiting for someone else?

Edited on by Ravage

Xkhaoz

@Ravage I think that'd be like, 1.2 GB RAM. But it's good to hear that I might be able to run it. If I stumble upon a cheap hard drive, I'll grab it and test out a Source game. (I've got Half Life 2, Lost Coast, and Portal)
EDIT: Oh, and I was wondering, how big is Half Life 2: Deathmatch?

Edited on by Xkhaoz

Ravage

Lost Coast says it is only about 500 MB to download, the least of all of them if you were limited for memory.

Deathmatch said it requires only 30 MB of disk space... I will look into this further... It is possible that you download the game without the maps and then you have to download them when you join a server.

Edited on by Ravage

Slapshot

I'm really new to Steam. I signed up yesterday in fact for the 92% off Indy Pack. I couldn't pass up getting And Yet It Moves so cheap, as well as the other games that came with it. I just bought a new Sony Vaio and I finally have the ability to play Portal and downloaded the demo, which is fantastic. Is there any chance of The Orange Box going on sale anytime soon?

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

irken004

slapshot82 wrote:

I'm really new to Steam. I signed up yesterday in fact for the 92% off Indy Pack. I couldn't pass up getting And Yet It Moves so cheap, as well as the other games that came with it. I just bought a new Sony Vaio and I finally have the ability to play Portal and downloaded the demo, which is fantastic. Is there any chance of The Orange Box going on sale anytime soon?

It's certainly possible, but no one knows! Here's some free steam games u can get:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573

Xkhaoz

@Ravage Lost Coast is 500 MB? I clicked on install to check and it said it was 2958 MB

Ravage

Yeah, actually, it says 406 MB for me

Xkhaoz

Hmmm, maybe when I download Lost Coast, Half Life 2 comes with it.
Xkhaoz checks
Nope. They're separate thing. Hmmm, thats weird..... I guess the download is pretty big, but the file isn't. Meh, I'll try to get a good hard drive

Edited on by Xkhaoz

Ravage

Probably because I've downloaded it before and still have some files.

Xkhaoz

Well, I just remembered I haz external 18.5 GB hard drive. I might use it, but I still want to find a small test of the Source engine, for time sakes. (20 KBps internet WTF)

edhe

Xkhaoz wrote:

Well, I just remembered I haz external 18.5 GB hard drive. I might use it, but I still want to find a small test of the Source engine, for time sakes. (20 KBps internet WTF)

The source engine is about 3 GB big. So whether you plan to try Portal or Garry's Mod, you'll need to download at least 3 Gigabytes, plus 1GB for Garrys Mod (while Portal has 1.9GB extra files). Left for Dead requires a further 4.4 GB.

And at 20kb/s that may take a while.

But hey! At least you haven't been downloading nearly 45GB over the past 6 months on 40kb/s like myself.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Slapshot

@irken... thanks man. So I can trade games? Is this like I loose the game after the trade or like gamesharing?

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

edhe

slapshot82 wrote:

@irken... thanks man. So I can trade games? Is this like I loose the game after the trade or like gamesharing?

The idea is that you can either buy a game and send it to a steamfriend (or email recipient) in checkout or buy a pack of liscences where you can share them out - say 8 copies of Half Life 2 in much the same way. I'm not sure on the details of the latter.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ravage

Once you buy a game, it stays tied to your account. You are not allowed to sell an account either or trade.

Ravage

edhe wrote:

Xkhaoz wrote:

The source engine is about 3 GB big. So whether you plan to try Portal or Garry's Mod, you'll need to download at least 3 Gigabytes, plus 1GB for Garrys Mod (while Portal has 1.9GB extra files). Left for Dead requires a further 4.4 GB.

And at 20kb/s that may take a while.

But hey! At least you haven't been downloading nearly 45GB over the past 6 months on 40kb/s like myself.

It has told me that Garry's Mod is about 140 MB!

Done! Thanks Terra!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.