Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 3,237

Magikarp3

I've snagged Sleeping Dogs for 6 dollars, very satisfying. I speak Mandarin, not Cantonese though, so it's a bit of a shame that I'm not going to get the most immersion out of it. (Dang traditional Chinese characters!)

I'm really interested in The Witcher 2 for 5 dollars, but will I need to play the first Witcher to understand the plot? I know the first game is also on sale, it's just that 2 WRPGs and an open world game are going to eat up a lot of my time.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Platypus

For my final purchase, I(and about half my Steam friends) picked up Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I like it, but this game is extremely unfriendly to new players. Even worse than Oblivion.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AlexSays

Whoever hasn't picked up Bioshock Infinite seriously need to if they even remotely like interesting stories and shooting things. From what I've played it is one of the greatest games of last gen. I haven't replayed a game in very likely near a decade, yet I'm already thinking about replaying this one once I've finished it.

On another note, somehow I've already spent almost 100 bucks and we're not even half way through. I was aiming to be cheap this year. >.>

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

Is Infinite better than BioShock 1? Because I'm replaying that now and seriously wondering why I ever liked this game...the story is trite, confused, yet barely there, all at the same time. The difficulty is through the roof in the worst kind of way, particularly with the way Big-Daddies use up pretty much all of my sparse ammo, and I can't stand how creepy everything is. The plasmids are cool, but I still feel like they could be used better...other than that I have nothing positive to say about it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AlexSays

I couldn't even finish Bioshock 1. lol

Everything has been improved for me. The story is more interesting and audio devices do a better job of making sense. The gunplay is improved and the replacement for plasmids is more interesting. I love the openness and the freedom of the game, especially in gun fights. The difficulty is perfect, if you explore you are rewarded with plenty of ammunition and money to purchase upgrades. I've only died once and I'm not a super hardcore expert gamer.

I pretty much love everything. Elizabeth, the attention to detail in the environment, the soundtrack.. everything. If you don't care about spoiling a beginning part of the game, just watch this.

I could walk around that area and listen to that song all day. lol. Everything about this game is terrific.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Here's a link with that song. Love it.

The whole depiction of religion and slavery and how they tie in with the story is really engaging too. Especially with the game's attention to detail.

AlexSays

Drobotic

I finally got the main Half-Life games(excluding Blue Shift and Opposing Force)and am enjoying them.Also,I got Meat Boy,Sanctum 2,Don't Starve,and the map packs for Sanctum 1.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

AlexSays

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

By the way, Half Life 3 is real and there's even a beta out right now.

Har har

I've had so many steam friends add non-steam games and name them Half Life 3 Beta. >.>

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Platypus

AlexSays wrote:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

By the way, Half Life 3 is real and there's even a beta out right now.

Har har

I've had so many steam friends add non-steam games and name them Half Life 3 Beta. >.>

I thought I was the only one who did that!

AlexSays

Platypus wrote:

I thought I was the only one who did that!

Nope though I saw you do it tonight you evil platypus.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Oh you saw him do it tonight..

hahaha. Was wondering if anyone would fall for it when I saw it tonight. lol

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

AlexSays wrote:

I couldn't even finish Bioshock 1. lol

Everything has been improved for me. The story is more interesting and audio devices do a better job of making sense. The gunplay is improved and the replacement for plasmids is more interesting. I love the openness and the freedom of the game, especially in gun fights. The difficulty is perfect, if you explore you are rewarded with plenty of ammunition and money to purchase upgrades. I've only died once and I'm not a super hardcore expert gamer.

I pretty much love everything. Elizabeth, the attention to detail in the environment, the soundtrack.. everything. If you don't care about spoiling a beginning part of the game, just watch this.

I could walk around that area and listen to that song all day. lol. Everything about this game is terrific.

Okay, sounds good. Probably won't get it for a while. My bro just got Bio1+2 on Steam so he could play it on easy with cheats, so he can get the story without the difficulty. I'm sure we'll get it once he's done with them.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Platypus

I started feeling a bit depressed today as I looked through my Steam library. I realized I have all these multiplayer games which I don't play online because I'm terrible or have no-one to play with. So I was wondering, is anyone else interested in a weekly Steam game for Nintendolife? We have a lot of Steam users and for some of these games we wouldn't need many people to show up.

AlexSays

We could try something like that.

What games did you have in mind?

AlexSays

FOREST_RANGER

That sounds like a good idea, but the only multiplayer games I have are TF2 and L4D2 D:

Interesting nonetheless.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Kagamine

Hell I'd be down for some NintendoLife Steam Gaming. Count me in, Got a lot of multiplayer games, and if it goes over well for a while I could see myself buying games to participate too.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Platypus

AlexSays wrote:

We would probably start with Team Fortress 2 since it's free. we could also change the games up every week and do things like make a Dungeon Defenders team, create a Terraria world, play Civ V, and Dota 2(even though I suck at that game).

Kagamine

Platypus wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

We would probably start with Team Fortress 2 since it's free. we could also change the games up every week and do things like make a Dungeon Defenders team, create a Terraria world, play Civ V, and Dota 2(even though I suck at that game).

Cool, by the way I sent you a friend request so we could play together in these games easier when the day comes.Each of those sounds like a good suggestion, and I agree with starting out with TF2. Maybe even some other MMO's like Planetside 2 so anyone can play.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.