Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 881 to 900 of 16,083

dumedum

micronean wrote:

Anyone seen Kotaku's PS4 story yet??

I can't shake this odd feeling that Sony knew there were going to be problems with the PS4. I think it's why they pushed the Japanese launch so far back from the other launches--to have their best batch and firmware for their own. It also makes sense that the Japanese launch games coincide with this date.
In other words: they rushed the PS4 launch. The hardware has come out "premature", and decided to cut their losses on their international systems--America especially.

Typical Sony behavior.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

shingi_70

They just sold 2x in one day than the Wii U did in 9 months;

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Snagrio

@Sony_70 So? Console launchs always have a couple million or so sales fresh out of the gate thanks to their respective fanboys. The real telling numbers are the ones continuing down the road. Clearly did better then the Wii U's first year already, but it's the long run that truly counts.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shingi_70

@WingedSnagret

You don't think this affects Nintendo's long term success. The Wii U has already had third parties either pulling support or cooling their Jets on the systems prospects. You don't think they would abadon the system all together if they end up with one or two systems with double the Market share of the Wii U. Third parities weren't basing future support of the system on its sales alone this holiday but how they stack up to the Sales of the PS4 and Xbone.

I'm picking up a Wii U next month (still not sure which Sku to get) and hope the system does well but Sony is already 1 million into their 5 million by March 2014, while Nintendo stubbornly is keeping to their 9 million by March 2014 plan.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

banacheck

This figure does put all of those reports regarding defective units into perspective over one million console sold in 24 hours, what did Nintendo do? also there where a lot of defective Wii U's with a lot less sales. The mad thing about this is that just the US, Nintendos was worldwide.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

banacheck

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Sony_70 So? Console launchs always have a couple million or so sales fresh out of the gate thanks to their respective fanboys.

If that was true what happened with the Wii U?

banacheck

faint

Well best buy is totally sold out of the mario luigi bundles in na so let's wait till we see some digits next week

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

faint

banacheck wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Sony_70 So? Console launchs always have a couple million or so sales fresh out of the gate thanks to their respective fanboys.

If that was true what happened with the Wii U?

That was bad marketing. I can't go online anywhere without seeing a ps4/xbox add. I saw my first wii u ad a month ago for pikmin.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

WebHead

1 million units day one is great, no matter how you slice it.

Sony ain't screwing around this time.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
What are you talking about? The Wii U sold 400,000 units within its first week. That means the PS4 sold about 2.25× more in a day, vs. 1 week, and now there's no more stock.

I can admit that it is still a large sales number, but now PS4 has to keep it up after past the launch, and that is not exactly an absolute number.

EDIT: Wrong number

It means that Sony made 3 months worth of progress in comparison to the Wii U did based on it's current sales count(around 4,000,000 within a year). The sales would have to be completely consistent in order to gain any knowledge besides that PS4 sold better within it's first week, and they're sold out, so that's not gonna happen.

Sony will have to sell out another 1,000,000 consoles by April in order to match the Wii U. We'll see if Sony can make that happen, I suppose.

EDIT: At least take into consideration the same amount of time.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

@SCAR392 I think you mean 3,000,000 consoles to match Wii U current sales total.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

CanisWolfred

^Which they can totally do. They still have to launch in Europe, Australia, and Asia, after all. If they got 1 million in a country that's currently baised towards Microsoft's systems, I think they'll do very well everywhere else.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

Jazzer94 wrote:

@SCAR392 I think you mean 3,000,000 consoles to match Wii U current sales total.

No, because the Wii U currently stands at around 4,000,000 consoles. The Wii U has been out for 12 months. Now divide 12 by 4. It equals 1,000,000 consoles per 3 months.

So the PS4 will either need to reach 2,000,000 consoles by April, or 4,000,000 consoles by next year in order to say that PS4 has done any better.

EDIT: Also, the Wii U sales won't diminish just because the PS4 is around. The Wii U could sell another million consoles by the end of April as well. That's why releasing the system early was important even though there wasn't that much software for it.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

No, because the Wii U currently stands at around 4,000,000 consoles. The Wii U has been out for 12 months. Now divide 12 by 4. It equals 1,000,000 consoles per 3 months.

So the PS4 will either need to reach 2,000,000 consoles by April, or 4,000,000 consoles by next year in order to say that PS4 has done any better.

EDIT: Also, the Wii U sales won't diminish just because the PS4 is around. The Wii U could sell another million consoles by the end of April as well. That's why releasing the system early was important even though there wasn't that much software for it.

Which is bad since Iwata is still holding firm that Nintendo can sell 9 million units by March, Sony's a bit more reasonable with 5 million by that time. Sony's segmented launch is making alot more sense now.

WAT!

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Sorry misunderstanding your post wasn't very clear.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
9 million definitely is a high goal. They would have to sell around 1.25 million per month on average starting in December in order to meet that goal.

If Sony wants to reach 5 million consoles by April 2015, they would have to sell 277,777 per month.

EDIT: If Nintendo's goal was 9 million by April 2015, they'd have to sell the same amount as Sony does, and that's probably why the goal is higher(set to April 2014), so that they can "smother" the ammount of PS4 sales by having a larger install base, which in turn, would guarantee that more games come to Wii U based on the install base, alone.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jazzer94

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Which is bad since Iwata is still holding firm that Nintendo can sell 9 million units by March, Sony's a bit more reasonable with 5 million by that time. Sony's segmented launch is making alot more sense now.

I can't see them shifting 5+million Wii U's by March could happen but I think they'll more likely shift 2 million over Christmas and be at 6 million units but who knows what will happen.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
9 million definitely is a high goal. They would have to sell around 1.25 million per month on average starting in December in order to meet that goal.

If Sony wants to reach 5 million consoles by April 2015, they would have to sell 277,777 per month.

EDIT: If Nintendo's goal was 9 million by April 2015, they'd have to sell the same amount as Sony does, and that's probably why the goal is higher(set to April 2014), so that they can "smother" the ammount of PS4 sales by having a larger install base, which in turn, would guarantee that more games come to Wii U based on the install base, alone.

Sony want to sell 5 million PS4's by April 2014 not 2015.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

rallydefault

This is all for naught if Sony ends up recalling consoles. Just sit back and wait to see what happens. It's fun to predict, but now things are just starting to get a little vindictive. Summon up some patience and wait for the dust to settle instead of frothing at the mouths.

rallydefault

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
I guess Nintendo and Sony are in the exact same boat, then. I thought Sony was trying to sell 5 million by April 2015, because that would actually be reasonable.

Sony and Nintendo's goal regarding units sold by March 2014 are almost the same, then. I don't get how you guys are saying Nintendo's 9 million goal is out of the question if Sony's goal is almost the same from this point forward.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic