Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 16,083

CanisWolfred

Bankai wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

But won't the switcher also be hitting Durango as well.

So Waltz when do you think we might start seeing the JRPGS for PS4 and do you think the Japan Studio who was has been in the spotlight more (Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Knack, Rain)

It actually hasn't been confirmed whether The Witcher 3 will hit the next Xbox. Hardly matters anyway - the point here is the PS4 has it.

With regards to JRPGs, considering Falcom, Idea Factory, Tecmo Koei (and thus, Gust), Square Enix and Namco Bandai are all confirmed to be developing for the PS4, we're going to see plenty of JRPGs.

And Index Corp (Atlus) is developing something for the console, which most likely means Persona 5. If that's true, then Sony really has won.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

I always assumed that Persona 5 would be on multiple systems anyway and Catherine was a testbed for that.

Any word on where Yasumi Matsuno has landed since leaving level-5?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OverturePT

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

So Waltz when do you think we might start seeing the JRPGS for PS4 and do you think the Japan Studio who was has been in the spotlight more (Gravity Rush, Puppeteer, Knack, Rain)

It actually hasn't been confirmed whether The Witcher 3 will hit the next Xbox. Hardly matters anyway - the point here is the PS4 has it.

With regards to JRPGs, considering Falcom, Idea Factory, Tecmo Koei (and thus, Gust), Square Enix and Namco Bandai are all confirmed to be developing for the PS4, we're going to see plenty of JRPGs.

And Index Corp (Atlus) is developing something for the console, which most likely means Persona 5. If that's true, then Sony really has won.

The Persona games are really cool, don't get me wrong, but they hardly win a console war. Not even close...

OverturePT

CanisWolfred

OverturePT wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

The Persona games are really cool, don't get me wrong, but they hardly win a console war. Not even close...

I was joking anyways, but they're a huge series in Japan, so don't underestimate their influence.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

I always assumed that Persona 5 would be on multiple systems anyway and Catherine was a testbed for that.

I don't think it worked out for them, though, so I'm not sure if Persona 5 would be worth releasing as multi-console release without Microsoft's backing.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OverturePT

I don't, but none of the Persona games sold that well tbh. Still, Persona 5 exclusive to PS4 might mean one more console sold (to me), so, yea. I hope that it's multiplatform though, I would like to see better sales for those games, Atlus deserves.

OverturePT

Bankai

CanisWolfred wrote:

I was just about to post that. Yes it's a bad thing. A dreadful thing. A deal breaker, if you will.

I agree that sucks, but I'm not surprised.

The PS4 uses a completely different architecture to the PS3, and so stuff made for PS3 simply won't work on the PS4. Given that the new architecture is far better to work with for development, on balance it was the right move to make.

However, when the Gaikai Cloud does streaming for PS3 games, as Sony promised, the PSN stuff will likely work that was as well.

In the mean time I am going to buy a spare PS3.

FOREST_RANGER

CanisWolfred wrote:

I was just about to post that. Yes it's a bad thing. A dreadful thing. A deal breaker, if you will.

It sounds like they can use the cloud streaming service to carry over PSN purchases. But with the fact that Sony's previous PS3 games are virtually incompatible with the PS4, I do hope that their streaming service is very reliable.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

shingi_70

What how can you not like metric?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Bankai wrote:

However, when the Gaikai Cloud does streaming for PS3 games, as Sony promised, the PSN stuff will likely work that was as well.

In the mean time I am going to buy a spare PS3.

I suppose you're right, but that might take a long time. Oh well, I guess I'm skipping it anyways. I just hope I can transfer things to the PS5.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

IAmNotWill

Gamesake wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This is a hundred times worse than paying Nintendo a dollar to play your old VC games on the Wii U GamePad.

I seriously lol'd at this.

I think the success of the system comes down to the pricing. I think anything more than $400 will end Sony. They better not screw this up.

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you already have a PS3 than why is this a deal breaker? How is it worse than no disk backwards capability? Aren't they equally bad?

It sucks because these systems aren't made to last. My Wii stopped reading disks after 3 years, and I feel like my PS3 will do the same. That thing just feels like it'll malfunction any year now...

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

If you already have a PS3 than why is this a deal breaker? How is it worse than no disk backwards capability? Aren't they equally bad?

Because I expected Sony to be able to transfer my digital titles seemlessly on the PS4 and above. They obviously aren't delivering on this.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic