Forums

Topic: Sony drops PSP price to $129.99

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

Squiggle55

I think I'll wait for the NGP still to step into the sony handheld world.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Mabbit

It seems more like the beginning for the PSP. I bet sales are gonna up up by quite a bit now.

But what confuses me is why they lower the price when the NGP is out on the horizon. Maybe they're trying to get people to buy the PSP so that they get a bigger fanbase for Sony handhelds and thus more sales for the NGP? I have no idea

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

CanisWolfred

They want to sell out so they can make more room for NGP stock, as well as to get whatever money's left in the PSP1. That's my guess at least.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

If I can ever find a PSP super cheap, I might have to pick one up... the Monster Hunter games and all its RPGs are pretty darn appealing. $130 is more than I can afford right now, though, 'cause of the 3DS. :3

retired_account

SwerdMurd

50 dollar drop is nothing to scoff at. Hopefully this will move some units, as the PSP has stealthily amassed an awesome collection of games. Given that the NGP release date hasn't really even been hinted yet (unless I'm out of touch) it seems a hair pre-emptive to lower the price now...but I doubt you'll hear any of the prospective buyers complaining!

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

y2josh

If it were 100 i'd think about it, but NGP before the year ends so I can wait for it.

y2josh

LuigiTheGreenFire

Squiggle55 wrote:

I think I'll wait for the NGP still to step into the sony handheld world.

I second that.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

pixelbuffer

Nice. I'll wait for the price drop to filter over here and then I might pick one up.

pixelbuffer

Twitter:

RoyalBlur

[quote=squiggle55]I think I'll wait for the NGP still to step into the sony handheld world.[/quote

Yes, it would be a waste to buy the PSP with the NGP's released date said to be sometime in December for Japan which means we'll get it sometime between late Winter and early Spring here in the United States.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Lotice-Paladin

I'd say wait...since I was annoyed when I bought a GC at £130 (2003 Sept)...only for it to go at £45 a18 months later with TWO free games (Sonic Heroes and Donkey Konga iirc).

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

JadeGirl

I think it is a sign of them being desperate and trying to compete with Nintendo and the DSi, DSi XL and now the 3DS. Sony has to lower the price if they want to stay in business or its truly doomsday for them.

Untitled

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Lotice-Paladin

Doomsday for Sony? They have other business to fall back on.

They are desperate but they're not going to be out of business because of it.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Machu

I bought my smexy bloo PSP about a month ago, for £130. If they announce a price drop in the UK, I'm gonna rage. D:<

for a bit, then ill get over it

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Slapshot

@Machu... What games have you acquired for the PSP yet?

Just a bit of advice for you guys. I bought PSP day one and had loads of problems. I know NGP isn't Sony's first portable, but I would recommend waiting a month or so until buying for the bugs to get worked out.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

zezhyrule

Ya know I think I'll actually get a PSP now, and take slappy's advice and wait a while for the NGP. I really want some MHP3rd love

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

RoyalBlur

Well it looks as if Sony just shot themselves in the foot once again: http://www.gamingunion.net/news/sony-return-pspgo-price-to-19...

What's with all the price raises folks?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.