Forums

Topic: PSN Suspended

Posts 101 to 120 of 249

komicturtle

Hey, I can see my file there in the pile

komicturtle

TheBaconator

I got my PS3 on the day the PSN went down...I'm just that lucky. Hopefully it goes up by next week like Sony is predicting..

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Tasuki

ballkirby1 wrote:

I got my PS3 on the day the PSN went down.

I would take it back to the store and ask for a refund if they ask why say that you just dont know but you cant seem to get it to go online.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Bankai

Ravage wrote:

"Don't worry Sony, I'll just cancel my date of birth and get a new one."

If someone really wanted to steal your identity, they didn't need the PlayStation data.

I've done this as a test. I'm not a professional criminal by any means, and I was quite easily able to obtain the birth and marriage certificates of someone who I do not share a name with. It was a friend, and we were testing the system out of curiousity, and quite frighteningly, it was really easy.

The Sony thing is just an inconvenience.

Edited on by Bankai

RudysaurusRex

So is it still down? My friend has a PS3 and we tried to play Black Ops online about a week ago. Was it confirmed it was hackers? Because Sony should update their firmware or something, because this might just sway me to get an x-box 360 instead. And I despise x-box.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Stine

Sigh, this is just my luck. I got a PSN account like two days before this thing happened.

Tasuki

I was thinking of getting a PS3 for the release of Twisted Metal this fall but I am not so sure I will now. If I do you can bet your but that thing will stay offline.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

y2josh

@AlexBelmont: Sony is restructuring PSN completely and that's why it is staying down for so long.

y2josh

Retro_on_theGo

Tasuki wrote:

I was thinking of getting a PS3 for the release of Twisted Metal this fall but I am not so sure I will now. If I do you can bet your but that thing will stay offline.

I was also thinking of getting one for Twisted Metal. I'm sure everything will be fine by then. So I most likely will still go ahead with the plan. besides it's freaking Twisted Metal man!

BedCommando

Kind of tempted to sell my PS3 if this isn't fixed soon. I mainly have it to review games, but since most games have online components, if I can't play that, I can't review, if I can't review, I don't need it.
Anyone interested in a 80GB BC PS3?

Edited on by BedCommando

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (OnLive)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA)

Bankai

BedCommando wrote:

Kind of tempted to sell my PS3 if this isn't fixed soon. I mainly have it to review games, but since most games have online components, if I can't play that, I can't review, if I can't review, I don't need it.

And when PSN is back up, how, exactly, do you expect to review games?

BedCommando

WaltzElf wrote:

BedCommando wrote:

Well when I get my hands on a copy of Mortal Kombat, I'll need to jump online to get that portion of the review done. Plus I have Slam Bolt Scrappers on my request list, so need to hit that as well, which can only be bought online, and also have online features I'll need to review as part of the full package.
Didn't think I'd have to explain myself here, to be honest.

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)

Retro_on_theGo

BedCommando wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

BedCommando wrote:

Well when I get my hands on a copy of Mortal Kombat, I'll need to jump online to get that portion of the review done. Plus I have Slam Bolt Scrappers on my request list, so need to hit that as well, which can only be bought online, and also have online features I'll need to review as part of the full package.

I think he meant if you do sell your PS3,because you can't review games right now, how do you expect to review them once PSN is back up if you don't have a PS3 to play those games.

Xkhaoz

NSFW
[youtube:Cwn4R_GexLM]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Colors

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!! Ahhhhhh...I love when bad stuff happens to Sony.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

ItsFuzzyPickles

@Axoloth: Sorry about that. Not good with sarcasm here. Deleted the post for that reason; and that I was wrong about you.

@Tasuki: I'm not sure why you're sure about Sony leaving the console market business shortly after this event. Sony has lost money, but they can at least make a PS4 that is cheaper then the ones for the PS3 at launch.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Bankai

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

BedCommando wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

BedCommando wrote:

I think he meant if you do sell your PS3,because you can't review games right now, how do you expect to review them once PSN is back up if you don't have a PS3 to play those games.

Yeah exactly. It's even more difficult to review games if you don't have a PS3 at all. I know this from experience. I don't have an Xbox 360, and oh my God it is hard to play and review Halo without one.

BedCommando

Ahh, well I wouldn't be able to. I'm not going to say "When" PSN comes up, but "if", as in staying power because I'm sure if it comes back, it'll be attacked again due to Sony's acts against it's hackers.

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)

Bankai

BedCommando wrote:

Ahh, well I wouldn't be able to. I'm not going to say "When" PSN comes up, but "if", as in staying power because I'm sure if it comes back, it'll be attacked again due to Sony's acts against it's hackers.

It's a shop with 70-odd million customers. Even if Sony loses 10 million from this, it's still a massive money spinner for them. It's going back up.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.