Forums

Topic: PlayStation Vita Not Coming Until 2012 in US and EU

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Corbs

It seems Sony is going to miss the holiday season in the US and Europe by deciding to wait until 2012 to launch PlayStation Vita. Japan will still get the system in 2011 (of which I will certainly buy a unit on day one), but gamers in other regions will have to wait until early next year. They're sure missing a golden opportunity with Nintendo 3DS sales struggling a bit, but perhaps it will set the system up for a better launch lineup of games.

Plain old gamer :)

Fuzzy

Ah well. As long as they have some good games ready to go from the start, I'll get it close to release.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

pikku

Apparently Sony doesn't want to rush it, which is good.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

HandheldGuru97

Missing the crucial holiday season in one of the biggest markets (USA) is a bad move. I mean look what happened to the 3DS.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

SuperSpank

That's...a bit dumb.

I ca vind party hay

retired_account

Yesssssssssss! Nintendo will own the holidays. :3

retired_account

Bass_X0

Is it region free?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

hatty475

That's going to make things more difficult for Sony. The 3DS will have a huge install base by the time PS Vita hits the market. They should have started development earlier, and had just skipped the PSP Go.

Beethoven was right when he said it don't come easy.
Currently Learning: Electric Guitar
Bad Wolf

pikku

Bass_X0 wrote:

Is it region free?

Yep.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

ToadFan

MM I'm still getting it on launch, even in Early 2012. I'll definitly have enough money for it by then.

ToadFan

Magi

hatty475 wrote:

They should have started development earlier

How do we know they didn't?

This news makes me sad but my wallet happy. An R2D2 xbox plus the vita woulda put the smackdown on my discretionary funds.

Magi

LzWinky

Corbs wrote:

It seems Sony is going to miss the holiday season in the US and Europe by deciding to wait until 2012 to launch PlayStation Vita. Japan will still get the system in 2011 (of which I will certainly buy a unit on day one), but gamers in other regions will have to wait until early next year. They're sure missing a golden opportunity with Nintendo 3DS sales struggling a bit, but perhaps it will set the system up for a better launch lineup of games.

You're ever so optimistic

Honestly, this was a dumb move on their part, considering Nintendo has no competition in the West this fall/holidays. I think maybe the price drop scared Sony

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Street Fighter X Tekken might be a launch title now.

I hope so.

Anyways, all this means to me is that I can still get a PS3 this year and won't have to start saving up for a Vita until next year.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

theblackdragon

good to know! i need time to save my money anyway... maybe i'll luck out and it'll hit around tax season so's i'll have a fat return check to use :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SpentAllMyTokens

Wow. Good news for Nintendo - glad Sony announced this after the price drop, because otherwise there might not have been the motivation to drop the 3DS's price so quickly. Either way, it's a shame for Sony to miss the holiday season. Sales aren't all that high in the spring - people stock up on new toys at X-mas.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

Bankai

Token_Girl wrote:

Wow. Good news for Nintendo - glad Sony announced this after the price drop, because otherwise there might not have been the motivation to drop the 3DS's price so quickly. Either way, it's a shame for Sony to miss the holiday season. Sales aren't all that high in the spring - people stock up on new toys at X-mas.

That seems to be changing though - there were a lot of really high profile game releases after Christmas last/ this year. That wouldn't have happened if the publishers thought they were releasing to a slow sales period.

LzWinky

Makes me wonder if Vita's sales will be lower because of this

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

WaltzElf wrote:

Token_Girl wrote:

That seems to be changing though - there were a lot of really high profile game releases after Christmas last/ this year. That wouldn't have happened if the publishers thought they were releasing to a slow sales period.

Gotta spend your money presents from GramGram somehow.:3

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

pntjr

THey missed a golden opprotunity to kill the 3DS once and for all... and they blew it.
In other words...
[youtube:P3ALwKeSEYs]

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.