Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,134

Xyphon22

@Dezzy Oh, so you have to actually play it on Steam and can't download it to your library for free. Gotcha. OK, thanks. Makes me even less likely to do it, but we'll see.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

No, it downloads and plays like a normal game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

I own them already (who doesn’t?) and I have played quite a bit of Half Life 2, but I should probably get around to playing through those games myself.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

What would tell me If a desktop can play pc games

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

What would tell me If a desktop can play pc games

Even you can play PC games with Laptop.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Ninfan Whether if a PC is a desktop or a laptop usually should not matter, system requirements are what matter when buying PC games. Usually these can be seen on the bottom of a Steam or GOG page, or the back of the case if it happens to be one of the few PC games sold at retail.

It's always a good thing to check the requirements before buying a PC game to make sure it works with your computer.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

JaxonH

I’m playing Persona 5 at 1080p 60fps on PC... and it runs flawlessly.

Gotta love it.

I would hear people talk about playing this game on PC but I never really had the will to pursue doing it. Getting everything configured correctly and all that rigmarole... but it was a surprisingly painless experience despite there being several steps. Glad I did too. One step closer to being PC-Switch independent without any need for other platforms.

I’m starting to realize Switch won’t get every game, but it gets its fair share, and even a few key titles that PC doesn’t get (Persona 5 Scramble). But PC pretty much gets everything. You may have to wait, but in the end it all ends up on PC. Whether by port or by emulator. It all ends up on PC.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

@Sunsy do pc games cost much to buy

It could be.
Especially The Sims games.
There is always a lot of Expansion Packs to buy.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Ninfan On digital stores like Steam and GOG, games often go on sale for really cheap. I wanted to play Little Witch Academia Chamber of Time on my gaming laptop. It normally costs $40, during the Steam winter sale, I got it for $10. The best thing to do is wait for a sale, games sometimes go for really low prices.

Physical games, usually I see them at Target, and they range anywhere from $20 to $60. These are usually limited to recent popular games, and it's usually a very small selection (usually Sims and its expansions, Call of Duty, and GTA).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sisilly_G

Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood now join GOG, and they are currently on sale.

I have bought both on sale via Amazon in the latter half of last year (I hadn't installed them yet though), but to be able to own them via GOG means that I can forgo Steam as well as being able to produce my own Blu-rays of these babies! The physical editions are supplied on 4 DVDs, which was why I bought them in the first place, but to be able to own them via GOG is even better. Really, really good news. I hope The New Colossus and DOOM (2016) follow suit at some point in the future as I would love to be able to own DRM-free versions of these games as well. I'll purchase the double pack tonight.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

JaxonH

I love the idea of DRM free versions.

But I usually go with STEAM over GOG or any other DRM free version because of the benefits of buying a game sold through STEAM. The controller configs in particular. Which even games imported can access them but not under the same listing. There’s usually a few on offer for imported versions of games, if the game is popular enough. But they’re typically nowhere near as good as the ones found in the Steam version’s config listing. So you actually have to browse the steam version listing, save the config under personal, then load that on the DRM free version. Or make your own from the ground up. It’s just such a hassle that I would rather not deal with.

Edited on by JaxonH

Sunsy

I was very surprised to see those two added to GOG. Because the games have no DRM, I actually find myself checking GOG before I buy a game. This coming from a long time Steam user.

I really consider DRM-free PC games to be the digital equivalent of a physical copy, as in once you buy it, you own it forever. When I got my new PC last year, I just installed several GOG games I already had downloaded to disk that I had from my old PC, without the need to be online and redownloading. It's that kind of convenience is why I love DRM-free games and GOG.

Ralizah

https://www.gog.com/news/gogs_updated_refund_policy_has_your_...

New GOG refund policy. Get a refund up to 30 days after purchasing a product.

Don't seem to be any real restrictions beyond that, although they do warn people to not abuse the system.

Normally I'd say this policy is far too generous, but given how GOG's games are DRM-free, I don't think it matters too much. Even if the window was far smaller, I could just download the game, nab the installer, and then refund it in the same day. Much better, I think, to not treat their actual customers like criminals.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Sunsy

@Ralizah I was very surprised at the update, even though I never had the need to refund a game on GOG. If I ever do, I'll uninstall said game and delete the installer. Usually when I know for sure I'm going to keep a game, then I usually back-up my GOG purchases to have an offline copy of the games I buy.

Hopefully I won't need to ever refund anything since I haven't bought a GOG game I didn't like. It's nice to know the option is there.

Edited on by Sunsy

Ninfan

do you use keyboard or joypad to play your games on pc? its really difficult to use a keyboard.whats a good joypad to get.

Ninfan

CanisWolfred

I'll use a gamepad sometimes, but I'm lazy, so I use a keyboard & mouse more often than not. With that said, I usually avoid playing action games that require any real skill if I'm playing on PC, since yeah: it's really difficult to manage, especially since I grew up always using controllers. Turn-based and casual games aren't too much trouble, and shmups that only require the arrow keys and one or two buttons to fire aren't too bad, either, so those are mostly all I play whenever I'm looking to game on my PC.

Though, now that I have a VR headset, I can branch out more...whenever I can finally afford VR games...

As for a good controller: I always had bad luck with Logitech and other generic gamepads, so I just use my PS4 controller plugged in with a USB cable. With that said, I've tried the Xbox One controller in store kiosks, and I can tell it's the better one to go with if you have the option. That shouldn't be any trouble to set up if you have a Windows PC.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC in the summer! For those who haven't played it you're in for a treat, it's a spectacular game and I'm sure it'll look great on a PC!

redd214

Ralizah

Hopefully it's not an "Epic exclusive." The game will be brilliant running at 60fps and with gyro aim support.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic