Forums

Topic: Next-Gen RPGS discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 140

shingi_70

Next installment means main series. Usually spin offs arentq announced in this sort of way.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Wheeler

shingi_70 wrote:

Next installment means main series. Usually spin offs arentq announced in this sort of way.

Thanks. I thought I took that out. I seriously need to buy a new phone.

Wheeler

shingi_70

Reviews for Child of light are hitting and it's 87 on metacritic so far.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Child of Light is up on Steam/PSN/eshop. I'm guessing it hits Live tomorrow.

WAT!

MAN1AC

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii has confirmed that the next installment of the popular Dragon Quest series is in the works when in attend at the Niconico Super Conference 3 in Chiba. http://gematsu.com/2014/04/next-dragon-quest-game-production

PLEASE be fir the 3DS and hopefully Nintendo or Squeenix decide to actually localize the game.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

shingi_70

Its probably going to be 3DS but i wouldn't mind the next mainline game being single player for WiiU/PS4/ONE.

It should get localized since japnese makers are learning if you localize games they will come. Both Bravely default and the Final Fantasy X remake outsold lightining returns. Not only that but Type-o came second in the Sony JRPG localization poll.

Its like Nacmo being suprised that the Tales games are doing well and gaining a following in japan. Well that tends to happen when you relase the games in a timely manner and on a consistent platform.

WAT!

shingi_70

Grain of salt but always but reddit is saying one of Sonys E3 annoucments is a game from From Software and Japan Studio titled project beast helmed By the director of the first two souls games.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

Compile Hearts just announced their newest game titled Omega Quintet for the Playstation 4 making it the third next gen only RPG. The game is being dubbed as Idol X RPG and looks compile hearts out the Wazzo. Fatmisu put out one screenshot today.
Untitled

edit: added Omega Quintet and Citizens of the Earth to the OP.

So Dual shockers are spreading rumors of Sony's E3 line up and they're saying were going to see two RPGS from Sony Project Beasts and a WRPG from Gureilla Games. They hint at anohter game from Japan studio thats been in secery and I guess it would be the long often AAA JRPG FInal Fantasy style rp sony has been rumored to be working on.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

shingi_70

Here's the first trailer for Quintet Omega

Microosft will be showing off a few RPGs at E3 as well according to rumors. Expect to see

Fable Legends
A second game from the Lionhead thats more post apoclyptic
Eden Falls from Lift London
Leap Experince making a Sci-fi RPG similar to Mass Effect.

WAT!

shingi_70

THe first trailer for the Natural Doctrine localization

Eurogamer is saying Gureilla Games is working on a open world RPG and its still too early to show after 2 years. I'm expecting Sony to show off Project Beats and hedge their bets on showing off two RPGs despite WRPGs being a growing genre and Sony not having one. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a trailer mocked up for E3 incase of what's show at the earlier shows. But expect to see it at gamescom.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Wheeler

PV trailer for Forbidden Magna

I seriously believe we need a 3DS RPG thread for this kind of stuff, IMO.

Wheeler

shingi_70

Footage from the project beast trailer.

http://a.pomf.se/jvcape.webm

Gureilla Games RPG won't be releasing till next fall but we might see a trailer at E3.

WAT!

shingi_70

Cosume Quest 2 screenshots
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

So no Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Heats III news at E3 which isn't suprising.

We probably won't have anything new at all till monday but a little fuel for the rumor mill.
Untitled

Its totally fake but why the fell not.

WAT!

Gamer83

Yeah... I'm just going to pretend that KH 3 was never announced. If we see it before 2020 I'll be thrilled but I also have to be realistic. No way in hell is that happening.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

shingi_70

Lot's of new Info coming out of E3.

X is officially called Xenoblade Chronicles X

Project Beast from From Software is officially Bloodborne an Action RPG

Sony announced a localization of Final Fantasy Type-0 for the PS4 and Xbox One.
Untitled

A new gameplay trailer of Fable Legends which is looking very diabloish

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

shingi_70

Haven't updated since June but i'll be post here more often.

Fable Legends Gamescom trailer

Two trailers for Dragon Age Inqustion one for the single player and one for the recently announced multiplayer.

A gameplay demo for the WItcher 3: Wild Hunt

Bloodbourne gamecom trailer

Persona 5 is coming to PS4

Diseaga 5 is coming to the PS4

WAT!

CanisWolfred

I know this is mostly for consoles, but Wastelands 2 comes out of beta in two days. I'm more than a little excited. I might even go to CVS tomorrow and pick up some steam cards for it...

Also, first footage of Torment: Tides of Numera hit online earlier today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd43NYBzHuk

Oh, and Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall — Director's Cut comes out tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. Hoping they get it all down pat this time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

@CanisWolfred

Anyword on Pillars of Eternity?

Final Fantasy Type-0 is going to be $60 and its coming out on March 15, and will launch with a demo for XV.

WAT!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.