Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,129

Matt_Barber

I think the forum's honor is at stake here.

While I reckon that I must have played nearly every Mario game ever made at least once, some of these aren't exactly jumping out at me.

Matt_Barber

TheBigBlue

Same here. Some of these might be ports and remakes. That Mario Bros one doesn't seem like the original...

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Dogorilla

Wahoo! Finally a chance to beat my best score!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Mr_Horizon

Matt_Barber wrote:

I think the forum's honor is at stake here.

In this round there are certain expectations for a Nintendo forum, yes.

While I reckon that I must have played nearly every Mario game ever made at least once, some of these aren't exactly jumping out at me.

Almost like it's a riddle!

In the end I will check all answers if they might have been correct. If one of the screenshots could have honestly come from two different games, both answers will be correct. Also remember that you'll still get points if only enough people make the same mistake as you (see the example in the intro text).

Mr_Horizon

Bunkerneath

@Mr_Horizon Still showing the sound quiz if I go to the site, is the answer sheet going to be up and running soon, as I am Definitely going to beat my best score, provided I remember to hit submit

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

BabyYoda71

@Bunkerneath Yeah for me if you click the link, it takes you to the sound quiz, but if you press start quiz, it takes you to the Mario one.

I’m confident about 10-12ish, and #14 is one of my favourite video games ever.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Bunkerneath

Ah got it, HA! my answers for the last round was there, ah well, I would have got 7

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Mr_Horizon

April Quiz - Clues #1

Just about 40 people are already playing, so let's a go, quiz time! A few voices would have liked a bigger focus on the 90s, but eleven games in this round were released between 1983 and 2000... okay, but admittedly the remaining fourteen came out in 2001 & later. Hopefully it will make life easier for the younger ones among you

Here are the clues:

1) Title 15 is an "educational" game and the only one in this round with an official PC release.
2) The following consoles (Game Boy, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Switch) each have three games in this quiz.
3) Number 6 is a puzzle game for the N64.
4) Each row shows five different systems, for example the top row is Wii, Switch, Gamecube, N64 and Game Boy at the end. So since #6 is an N64 game, there can't be any other N64 titles in the second row.

And guys, AGAIN: you have to give the exact name of the game this time, the series probably won't do! °_°

Deadline is Sunday the 30th of April, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again, let's go https://i2.lensdump.com/i/TwI4Ob.png

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

Those clues were incredibly helpful, I now know somewhere between 10 and 20 of them, which is very good for me!

@Mr_Horizon Out of curiosity, are all of the images from the game itself, or are some of them from box art/promotional materials?

Mr_Horizon

@BabyYoda71 That question would have gotten answered in the second clueset - but I am giving it away ahead of schedule: three images were taken from game covers, and not from ingame graphics.

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

@Mr_Horizon Ahhhh… okay! Thanks for the information! Lol

Mr_Horizon

April Quiz - Clues #2

It's a me, your clue post! ^_^ Sixty people are in, and twenty of them have seen the new Super Mario movie. Did any of you also go to the cinema for the old one from the 90s? I should have asked that too, such a missed opportunity...oh well.
You have to participate before the end of next week, there are only a few days left until this round is over.

Here are the last clues:

1) Three of the pictures are not actual gameplay, but instead show the cover of the game.
2) You won't find any of the "Super Mario Maker" games in this round.
3) Game 14 is the only 3DS title in this quiz, both Mario and his brother are playable.
4) Number 18 shows Mario in a puzzle game, but Luigi is nowhere to be seen in this title.

And guys, BE PRECISE: It needs to be the exact name. I know I said that there'd be "mercy points" if enough people make the same mistake, but this got more complicated than I expected and now I'M TAKING IT BACK. To compensate, I'll give you the following as a fifth clue:

5) In the following games, well over ten people miss their point because they are just a bit off: 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 15.... plus one from the last row. Are you sure you are precise enough everywhere?

Untitled

Deadline is Sunday 30 April, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz again, we are on the last days: https://i2.lensdump.com/i/TwI4Ob.png

Mr_Horizon

Dogorilla

I've filled in most of these but there's just a couple I don't know, annoyingly. I'll see if I can work them out before the end of the month. And I hope you'll be somewhat lenient with #24, it's difficult to tell exactly what release that's from!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

I don’t know why, but today so many of the games just clicked for me, even though the clues weren’t very helpful for me. #18 is the only one I don’t have a guess for, though 19 is also throwing me off…

I’m 100% undeniably sure on 10 of these, fairly sure on another 2, and the other 12 are guesses… that last clue wasn’t helpful, I‘m already worried enough about those answers lol

Mr_Horizon

April Quiz - this round ends tomorrow!

An urgent message from the Mushroom Kingdom: LETS-A-GO, the fun will be over this Sunday! o_o
Over 100 players (six from here) have already sent in their (hopefully totally accurate?) answers, it seems like the scoreboard holds all results between ZERO and ALL points. Exciting!

So @Krull @Matt_Barber @lifer or @Minecraftemery ...how about it?

Hurry up, the deadline is this Sunday, 30th of April, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/.

Here is the quiz one last time: https://i2.lensdump.com/i/TwI4Ob.png

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

...furthermore: This round has a NINTENDO theme, so please understand that there are certain "expectations" for your community.
I am extending the call to @fizza @ReadytoShock and @Blooper987 ...your forum needs you!

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Matt_Barber

I've finally got mine in and that was hard.

I'm going to get my excuses in early by saying that I'm more of a Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Zelda fan than a Mario one. 😉

Matt_Barber

Blooper987

I’ll try and send in my answers tonight. Already looked through it and I know all but one which is annoying me to death

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheBigBlue

Got ‘em in at the start of the month. Some were genuinely baffling, nice quiz.

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic