Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,130

Blooper987

I didn’t do too bad for my first one.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

BabyYoda71

On the bright side, I likely broke a world record. First person to get 00 points on this quiz.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

JoakimZ

@BabyYoshi12 Now that the correct answers are out, I’m curious about who you thought #25 was.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

On the bright side, I likely broke a world record. First person to get 00 points on this quiz.

It has happened before, but over a year ago. You are the first one in a long time!
I'm sure you'll do better again next time - We'll be trying out this "zoom-out" format I teased in the answer form.

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

@JoakimZ Er... um... I thought it was The Legend Of Zelda.

@Dogorilla I did, but I misplaced the game and thought it was Mario + Rabbids.

@Mr_Horizon Hopefully I’ll do that well.

lifer

@MrHorizon Thanks again for another month I couldn't get the Quiz out of my head.

It's great that Team Nintendolife managed to keep 4-5 players in recent months, up from the two at the beginning of the year. Still, there should be more people interested in the Quiz... a lot of hardcore people on the site, too.

@BabyYoshi12 I was so sure you had Splatoon with the way you wrote about it! Please keep it up, it's fun to have you in the discussion.

@Blooper987 Nice contribution!

I'm really content with my own result. The hints for #20 were good enough to google it, if you combined all hints and considered the visual. Googling for "amiga shmup released in 2020 under new name" it was the first hit.
Though I must say, that I'm also a little bit disappointed that I didn't figure out a Nintendo game! The colours of the shop keeper does look like that generation of NES games, together with Zelda and Donkey Kong, but not one second I thought about Kid Icarus!

lifer

BabyYoda71

@lifer Oh, I’ll keep trying. I’ll probably never get a good score though.

Mr_Horizon

Untitled

September Quiz - the self-solving experiment

Do you suffer from tough gaming quizzes? Does it drag you down that this stuff is always so damn difficult and you can't recognize anything? Do you feel irritated that even though you're a real gaming nerd the answers to these riddles just elude you somehow and you can name the first row at best??

Don't give up, this round will reinvigorate your confidence!

You see, the September Quiz happens to be self-solving: It starts out extra tough, with extremely zoomed-in screen fragments... but EVERY THREE DAYS it becomes easier and will show more of its games. This will happen all month long (ten times in total), until on the last day the entire screenshot will be visible.

If you are clairvoyant and can already spot the game in the first days, you will be rewarded beyond your dreams - these are the points you will earn depending on the zoom level:

zoom level 01 - 3.0 points
zoom level 02 - 2.0 points
zoom level 03 - 1.5 points
zoom level 04 - 1.2 points
zoom level 05 - 1.0 points
zoom level 06 - 0.8 points
zoom level 07 - 0.6 points
zoom level 08 - 0.5 points
zoom level 09 - 0.4 points
zoom level 10 - 0.3 points

Deadline is Wednesday the 30th September, participate via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the first quiz image, zoom level 1 out of 10, have fun!
Untitled
direct link: https://i1.lensdump.com/i/0AlBo3.png

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

Ooh... noses. How will you know what level we got it on?

lifer

The topic of noses is amazing... but I'm not sure I like the zoom thing... let's find out by doing it.

Will each game be recognized by the submission date, so better not to resubmit everything at some point?

lifer

Mr_Horizon

lifer wrote:

The topic of noses is amazing...

The noses have gotten more attention than I expected, yes.

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

How will you know what level we got it on?

lifer wrote:

Will each game be recognized by the submission date, so better not to resubmit everything at some point?

Every time you submit the answer form, a new row is added to the results table, including a time stamp. So nothing is lost until I put the final score together in the end - that means you can do the "resubmit everything" if you want.

Mr_Horizon

lifer

I'm pretty sure I recognize a couple of the noses, whether from the lighting or marks... and also for some others I'm sure I know them... but I think I won't get more than one or maybe two right in the first round. This is HARD

lifer

Mr_Horizon

lifer wrote:

I'm pretty sure I recognize a couple of the noses,

well, that's what guessing is for.

This is HARD

It's the first of ten zoom levels, it's supposed to be pretty much impossible.

Mr_Horizon

porto

I've seen all the recent quizzes and thought "this is easy"! and I decided to come on one of the hardest ones. Dang it.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Mr_Horizon

Apportal wrote:

I've seen all the recent quizzes and thought "this is easy"! and I decided to come on one of the hardest ones. Dang it.

Around mid-month it should become a lot easier. The next-easier zoom level comes this sunday!

Mr_Horizon

BabyYoda71

Ooh, I know a grand total of 0!!!!!!!

lifer

I submitted my answers now. I think I might have one right.
When is the next zoom level coming?

lifer

lifer

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand. I submitted for level 1?
The link for image two is broken, by the way.

lifer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic