Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,570

Haru17

Another beta, same content, more Christmas. Runs from 9 am PST on the 22nd to the same time on the 26th. Don't take this for certain, but something tells me this won't be your last chance to play pre-release. Perhaps Xbox users will get a shot in January. This one is still PS4-only though, although there is no PS+ requirement now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

Not sure I'll bother with that one. I had a pretty darn solid taste of the game with the last Beta. I might just wait for the full release now.

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

Good for anyone who missed it the first time, but there's only so many times I can play the same 3 quests without working toward an armor set or weapon upgrade.

Their efforts to leverage this game to increase sub counts must not have worked too well for them to announce another one so quick without the PS+ requirement. I knew I should've waited to redeem that membership, but fanatics such as myself are always the first to fold.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

I'm just hoping they actually bother releasing the demo on Xbox before launch.

>Goes back to watching the CB sub-5 everything to death via flinchlocking/Ultra Burst spam

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

JaxonH

My Monster Hunter World PS4 Pro arrived today. Cost an arm and a leg but, it seems to be worth it. A very special addition to the MH collection...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

Very sweet @jaxonh

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

@zionich

Think I like the box more than the console 😂

Haru17

I wish the controller had the research expodition's symbol on the trackpad instead of overlapping with the Rathalos wings — or better yet, Rathalos' new icon.

But the console itself looks awesome with that minimalist color use IMO, almost like Olly Moss art (there are a thousand artists who use that style to be fair). I'm looking at picking up the US release if it's feasible for me before it sells out.

It's certainly more exciting than the 4U New 3DS, which was so much less exciting than the Majora's Mask one which I got that to play MH4U at launch, haha.

JaxonH

I didn't really like the Majoras Mask one. I got it, but I thought the MH4U one was the best looking 3DS they ever made. The Generations 3DS was meh, but it was MH so it was non-negotiable.

Actually, the Fire Emblem Fates one was slick too. That one actually might be my favorite.

Haru17

@JaxonH Well I guess it depends where you live, there are apparently a ton of different Monster Hunter 4 3DS'. The North American 3DS for 4U was just a generic silvery pattern and a design that doesn't actually relate to the game so I opted for Majora's Mask. It was a much darker, less flashy gold than the ALBW one, had patterns of the four transformation masks, and the eyes would kind of shimmer as you turned them in the light. The black and gold EU and Japanese ones were pretty cool.

Untitled

Untitled

JaxonH

I love that silver design. The way it shimmers it just looks so good up close in person

Love the black too, but I never got that one. I did, however buy stickers of that exact design and put it on my black New 3DS XL... wore it like that for years. It actually looked really good because I did a very professional job applying it. Only time I've ever used a sticker on a console.

Got both white and black MH faceplates of the monster symbols all over... those look really good.

Edited on by JaxonH

zionich

@Haru17 The silver Monster Hunter 3ds is the one I have.

Haru17

Surprise: They added Kulu-Ya-Ku and Pukei-Pukei to the beta!

zionich

I need to play it again !!

JaxonH

Pretty sure that Pukei-Pukei monster was there the first time, although I never saw it. I heard others talk about fighting it though.

Haru17

Pukei-Pukei is way less rare on the Anjanath quest. I got it on my first try by checking Rathalos' nest and finding him missing.

JaxonH

I like the hunting horn, how are you can queue up three songs and then do them all at once and Encore them all at once.

It really makes the old approach seem limited and dated. I'm finding a lot of little changes like this that I really like. I used to mean the Hunting Horn back in 3 Ultimate. Well... secondary main along with Longsword and Dual Blades. I think I'll keep a few horns around this game.

Charge Blade + Horn + LongSword.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic