Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 361 to 380 of 387

blockfight

@ThanosReXXX ya regardless of what actually happened here, it just looks bad. The game itself is not the story here. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and can be resolved between both parties.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

blockfight

New game coming exclusively to Stadia on March 1st. Pixeljunk Raiders. Free for Pro members or €20 to purchase. Looks interesting.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

blockfight

Free stadia controller and chromecast with any purchase of a game worth at least €60. While stocks last. Check the app for details.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Octane

They're getting desperate

Octane

blockfight

@Octane I think they're trying to reel some PC players in. The PC version of FIFA is the last gen version whereas the Stadia version is more on a par with Series X and PS5. PC players aren't happy.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Fizza

@Tasuki Says a lot about the service when the last post here was 2 days away from being a year old, doesn't it?

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

... I though it already ended...

dysgraphia awareness human

StarPoint

R.I.P. Stadia. You were a useless service, taken away too soon

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

GrailUK

The death of the gaming system brought it's thread back to life. Huh.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Matt_Barber

I suspect that what fans Stadia has left are currently looking at GeForce Now and Game Pass Ultimate and wondering why they didn't just switch over ages ago.

Also, people clearly don't know Google if they don't associate the brand with launching new services with a ton of hype behind them only to quietly kill them a few years later. They've done that a lot and there was a suspicion that Stadia might be another case of that right from the outset.

Matt_Barber

Octane

FragRed wrote:

It's Google. Let's see how long until they abandon this thing and eventually shut it down. And I really want to see how big this actually takes off - do they even have first party studios/games for this service?

Little over three years, even the Wii U had a better run.

Octane

FragRed

@Octane Wow! I was not expecting this quote response! And yikes, not only did the Wii U last longer, I think more people actually owned it and bought games for it. Google managed to fail harder than I think they’ve ever done before.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Anti-Matter

Google Stadia is a piece of junk now.
I feel bad for peoples who really defending Google Stadia and now finding out Google Stadia has been discontinued and the streaming device they bought practically become a garbage once they cannot play the games by streaming anymore.
I told ya Google Stadia will be flop.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter All the users got full refunds though and you can now use the controller with other devices via Bluetooth, so they effectively got to play for free for the last few years and got a free controller!

Probably a bit ahead of it's time as a standalone service as the infrastructure just isn't there yet, but I've no doubt something similar will appear in the future - although probably not from Google.

dmcc0

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
But still...
You have spent your money on streaming product and now you cannot even play those games anymore.
Even you got refund but still you are not able to play those streaming games anymore.
I called it a scam, legit scam.
Glad Stadia has been discontinued.
It was a warning for peoples to not trust the future with streaming games.
I would rather kill the technology like that.
Don't shape the future with false technology.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic