Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 361 to 376 of 376

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, as mentioned, it's not so much about the game. That's not really going to make a dent in Stadia's armor. But the bad news in general of game developers being locked out of all of their Google-related apps most definitely is.

And bad news travels about 10 times faster than good news, so this could potentially be REALLY bad for them. Especially if other developers are inclined to chime in about their own troubles with Google...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

blockfight

@ThanosReXXX ya regardless of what actually happened here, it just looks bad. The game itself is not the story here. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and can be resolved between both parties.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

blockfight

New game coming exclusively to Stadia on March 1st. Pixeljunk Raiders. Free for Pro members or €20 to purchase. Looks interesting.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

blockfight

Free stadia controller and chromecast with any purchase of a game worth at least €60. While stocks last. Check the app for details.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Octane

They're getting desperate

Octane

blockfight

@Octane I think they're trying to reel some PC players in. The PC version of FIFA is the last gen version whereas the Stadia version is more on a par with Series X and PS5. PC players aren't happy.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Fizza

@Tasuki Says a lot about the service when the last post here was 2 days away from being a year old, doesn't it?

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Kermit1Pineapple

... I though it already ended...

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

StarPoint

R.I.P. Stadia. You were a useless service, taken away too soon

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Crosscode (PC)
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)

Anti-Matter

Is it already dead?

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

GrailUK

The death of the gaming system brought it's thread back to life. Huh.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Link-Hero

It took long enough for Stadia to shut down. Google must have hoped it would eventually become a success out of the blue if they waited long enough because I haven't heard a thing about the service for close to a year. Cloud only gaming just needs to finally end for good since it's been shown time and time again that it isn't a profitable or reliable market. Wondering what the few fans of the service are currently going through after this announcement.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Matt_Barber

I suspect that what fans Stadia has left are currently looking at GeForce Now and Game Pass Ultimate and wondering why they didn't just switch over ages ago.

Also, people clearly don't know Google if they don't associate the brand with launching new services with a ton of hype behind them only to quietly kill them a few years later. They've done that a lot and there was a suspicion that Stadia might be another case of that right from the outset.

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic