Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,738

Eel

Holy moly they are even more expensive than the previous remakes.

I don’t think I’ll buy any right now. Maybe once they go on sale. As much as I like FFIII, I can’t justify buying it again for nearly 500 pesos.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

It's odd the mobile ones seem to be more than the Steam versions, even before the 20% discount on latter .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

CactusMan

@BruceCM They ´ll just stop playing and start doing other stuff on their pc or their mobile phone. Not caring they left Yuffie Kisaragi like their Nokia 3310 phone.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

VoidofLight

I’d only buy these if they were all bundled together for like 30 bucks.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Eel

The pricing is much better in steam, true.

But I'd rather play these on my iPad, not my pc... Sigh.

I mean, I'd consider them if I could install them on my cheap windows tablet, but for some reason these need better specs than the previous remakes.

Edit: Know what? I'll get II on steam, just to test it with my windows tablet. If it doesn't work I can always just refund it. (or keep it like the digital hoarder I am)

Edit 2: Sigh it requires a 64bit version of windows. The tablet has a 32bit one. Too bad.

Edit 3: hm, I installed it on my far more decent desktop, and there there’s lots of screen tearing, it’s a bit weird! (I was able to fix this with my graphic card settings)

The music is entirely new, as are the graphics, though sadly there’s no character portraits during dialogue, and the characters don’t emote at all. Apparently these games do not have the extra content from the older remakes, but I can't confirm it myself.

Edit 4: Hm. I think I'll keep it just because I liked the free music remixes that came with my "preorder", and because FFII is under-appreciated so I feel bad asking for a refund. I can always play it with steam link anyway.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

BruceCM

There's lots of people streaming them, @Eel .... (& anyone else curious about them). From what I've seen, these are the original version remastered, with tweaks & fixes, etc but none of the content added to later versions! In many ways, I'm glad about that myself

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

Game balance is definitely not based on the originals. It largely feels like a middle-ground mix between all the remakes.

I’ve been enjoying the remake of II.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Eel

In a weird twist of fate, I received an itunes card as a gift, and although I would've rather waited for a sale, since it was effectively free, I bought FFIII for iOS.

So far it's been really interesting seeing the little subtle and big differences from the 3D version of the game, and the warriors of light do have their little bits of dialogue, which I wasn't expecting. Interestingly, on mobile the games have a tap-anywhere movement mode which is not present in Steam.

Also, the battle and victory music changes when you're mini, how cute is that.

Since I'm super original, I named my warriors of light Luneth, Arc, Refia, and Ingus.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

VoidofLight

I just got to Heavensward in XIV.

DarthNocturnal

I've seen many reviews on the Play store saying the Pixel Remasters have some kind of online-based DRM. Seems like it needs a connection to start the game. Not sure about requiring a constant connection.

One review did say that iOS doesn't have this. Which is weird. But unless it's removed, I might just wait for a console release...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Eel

I have II on steam, and III on iOS. Both games work just fine offline.

That would be weird to have the android versions require an internet connection, would be a first for these games. I hope it's just an unintended side effect/overlooked thing they'll fix later, and not something they plan to add to the other versions.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

DarthNocturnal

@Eel

Unfortunately it's not the first time, because the older Android mobile versions had similar restrictions. I was hoping the Pixel Remasters would do away with it, but... guess not.

Eel

Oh wow that’s odd, I’ve had the android (Amazon) version of 6 for a long time and literally never ever noticed it!

I went and opened it with wifi off, and indeed, it says it can’t confirm the license.

That’s… Bad.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

DarthNocturnal

Yep. And I saw one review saying it's always online DRM as well for the PR versions. That plus no gamepad support... I'm definitely feeling like I'll be better off waiting for a console port.

Eel

Huh true, the iOS version does not have controller support. That’s odd!

I’m sure they’ll add it at some point though, like they did with (most of) the older ones.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Eel It doesn't have controller support but that's also probably for the time being to emphasize the "touch anywhere to move" set up they seem to all share which honestly kind of works for something like a turn based RPG

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

It honestly needs work. You can’t use it to comfortably play the game all by itself.

When you’re in tap mode, you can’t go in or out of hidden passages, so you must switch to the other mode.

Honestly it would be the perfect mode to play if the game allowed you to hold your tap to initiate a floating dpad, to move freely and use the secret passages.

Specially since the normal mode has a large digital analog stick that is always there in the corner, even though it’s mostly redundant (you can just start swiping anywhere in the screen to move in any direction)… So if the tap mode was self-sufficient, it would be my preferred mode.

Alternatively, the virtual analog stick would be better if the game allowed you to tap on it and use it like an action button as well.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

VoidofLight

So, from the first few hours I’ve spent in Heavensward, the new voices are jarring. I miss Alphinaud’s original voice, since it fit the character way more than his current one. I haven’t been able to hear the other scion’s voices, mainly since they haven’t appeared yet, but the Lalafell secretary has a similar voice to her original appearance in the base game.

It’s also strange how some msq’s don’t have titles until you accept them, and when you first reach an area, the map fills out as you travel, giving you exp for every area you discover. I like this, but also feel like I’m going to get overleveled and waste exp before I get the full game.

The storyline is also really good, with the 2.55 patch in ARR shaking up the story intensely, making me realize that I cared for the characters way more than I thought I did. Without spoiling anything, I just want to say that Raubanh is a badass.

TheFrenchiestFry

Nobuo Uematsu didn't even have to go as hard on FFII's Pixel Remaster OST as he did but he did

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

And the games seem to have slightly different vibes in their soundtracks too. I’ve noticed II tends to use classy and orchestrated arrangements, while FFIII seems to like electric guitars and synthesized sounds.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic