Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,675

VoidofLight

I really hope that XVI ends up being good honestly. XV was my first final fantasy, and it was alright, but I didn't like how they forced the game into a multi-media type format. Not to mention all the stuff that was promised but never actually kept. I just want XVI to be one single story in one single game, told from beginning to end in that one game. No big info bits scattered into DLC, and movie that explains crucial background details.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

When I played VII back on the PSP, I remember being mostly just confused.

If I were to make a choice and select only one Final Fantasy to play... I think it would be between III and VI.

III is just easy to play over and over. Though VI is definitely a better story.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight "I didn't like how they forced the game into a multi-media type format."

Man you would've probably gone into cardiac arrest if you saw what they were doing with VII back in the mid-late 2000's

Also judging by your pfp you should probably be used to this considering I'm pretty sure Atlus have milking machines hooked up to every copy of Persona 5 they have in their development offices

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah, I actually heard about FF7, and I know about Atlus and how they milk persona. However, FF XV was a situation where the game itself wasn't really stand-alone. At least with FF7, you can enjoy the original game without needing to watch the movies or play the spin-offs, and with Persona 5 you can enjoy the original without having to even look at the spin-offs themselves.

Final Fantasy XV needed you to watch a prequel movie to understand what happened before the game began, and then you had the DLC which fill in huge plot gaps in the game's story. You effectively need the DLC and the movie at least to enjoy the game, with extra stuff like the Anime for context to certain things.

That's effectively what I don't want for XVI. I'm fine if it gets milked or gets spin-offs/sequels, as long as the core game itself is left in-tact, and is a finished story from beginning to end.

Dezzy

Zeldafan79 wrote:

So since FF VII is largely considered most people's all time favorite as i understand it which one would you pick if you couldn't choose FF VII?

I don't think it's "most peoples". It's probably the most popular overall, but loads of people prefer FF6, and loads prefer FF9.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

I really wish FF6 would get a remake at some point. Either in the same style as how Final Fantasy 7 got one, or in the style of something like Bravely Default if they want to go for a traditional rpg.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

They should do both FF6 and Chrono Trigger in the Octopath Traveler art style. It would be so easy for them, given that they could use the original art work for it, and would sell absolutely millions.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

@Dezzy @VoidofLight A game like Chrono Trigger should in my opinion be remade with a modern 3D Dragon Quest aesthetic, because of the fact that Akira Toriyama was the lead artist for the game. His style is extremely recognisable nowadays, and the game’s had so many anniversary concerts, so it would very much be worth updating the game to 3D. Maybe not a full remake but something just a little bit better than what Trials of Mana did.

On the other hand Final Fantasy 4-6 can use a remaster with the HD2D style, it’s basically a propriety engine for Square Enix now because of how they’ve put it to good effect.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

TheFrenchiestFry

I think Chrono Trigger deserves the DQXI treatment, while FFVI deserves the Octopath treatment. Both of those games fit those respective styles so well

In terms of FFIV I'm fine with them either bringing the DS remake or the Complete Collection to current gen platforms, but FFV and FFVI definitely deserve better than those crappy mobile/PC ports

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

I still can't get over the fact they made a 3D-fied remake of Final Fantasy 1 for the 3DS and never made it available outside of Japan.

Bloop.

VoidofLight

@Eel They did?

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

I still can't get over the fact they made a 3D-fied remake of Final Fantasy 1 for the 3DS and never made it available outside of Japan.

Eh, really ?! 😲
3D Final Fantasy 1 ??

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter It's not in full 3D. It's still sprite art. It's just that the game's on the 3DS fully remade.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
Ah, yes.
Just now i recalled that game after i watched from Youtube.
Too bad, Japanese version only and No physical release.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

I think Chrono Trigger deserves the DQXI treatment, while FFVI deserves the Octopath treatment. Both of those games fit those respective styles so well

I concur 100% with this paragraph. I played the DS version of Chrono Trigger a couple years ago and absolutely loved it! Still need to go back and get some of the endings.

I visited the Fanatic's Tower last night and picked up Strago. Then I...sorta cheesed my way through most of the tower using Mog and a certain item. I reached the item at the top and thankfully made a suspend point before picking that up; the boss mopped the floor with my group repeatedly lol. Figured it was best to come back another time. At least I took care of another dragon in the process!

After that, I found a side quest in Thamasa and took care of that boss as well. Definitely a fun side venture, even if the trigger for it was clearly faking his injuries. XD Weird fetch quest to make it to the end though.

I decided to do a bit of grinding before wrapping up for the evening since I only had about half an hour left. About half my characters are sitting in the mid-40s now. Only need to pick up Locke and [insert 14th character].

@BruceCM Yep. What a coward. Hiding behind a woman, even if she is a goddess....

I haven't been back to Figaro Castle yet, at least not since hijacking it to travel to the continent where I picked up Setzer again. Will be worth trying for sure!

@Eel I've seen those scenes with the person in question. Definitely answers a few questions, but brings up a few more...though I'm almost certain there's a link between that character and another now.

@Daniel36 Yep! I'm really enjoying it so far! FF VI is my first proper Final Fantasy. I've played a fair amount of JRPGs, but the closest games I've played to FF are both Bravely games on the 3DS; if I recall, early concepts for the first game had it as a Four Heroes of Light game.

At this time, I don't intend to play all the Final Fantasy games, but I do want to try what are objectively the better/best ones. I decided to start with VI since it's near the top of many lists. Also because I like 16-bit graphics. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

Lol, that's cheating, @Tyranexx ..... (it's totally not what I do for that tower as welll, lol) I'm sure some of us could offer tips for that boss, if needed! Best finish gathering your party, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

I want to ask once again about Final Fantasy XIII-2.
I knew that game was rated CERO B / ESRB TEEN but PEGI 16. I still accept that game with age ratings like that.
Do i really need to consider FF XIII-2 after i made a statement for not considering that game due to some reasons ?
I mean judging by my personality and my gaming habit, to see if i play FF XIII-2, will i regret to play FF XIII-2 for finding out the game was still hard as FF XIII or i found something in storyline that might make me very uncomfortable ?
I just only heard the storyline in FF XIII-2 was darker than FF XIII, i mean how dark / bad was the storyline contents thay have impact for me to digest ?

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

I've sunk a few more hours into VI over the last couple days. I'll try not to tread into spoilers much. A (hopefully) brief breakdown:

• My party helped Cyan face his demons. Literally. That was a very interesting side quest, and overall really well done too! Glad to get a bit of closure on the guy. I like how it was handled.
  • I finally located Locke's whereabouts and raided the area he was found in for any loot...or tried to. "Treasure hunter" is a pretty apt description here, I guess. XD The end to this side venture was pretty touching. Poor Locke....
    (Oh, and I found another dragon)
  • ...I admittedly caved and looked up how to find/get Gogo. Of COURSE what I needed to do was find some nondescript island (of which the game seems to have a few) and have everyone get inhaled by a monster...ugh lol. Another profitable side venture. Which means I FINALLY have all playable characters!
  • I followed an earlier hint (Thanks all!) and used Figaro Castle to tunnel into another side quest. THAT was an interesting one, and I found another dragon to boot! 2 left! Sorta stinks that I couldn't keep the original Odin Magicite though....
  • I finally beat down Doom Gaze earlier; I surprisingly had few problems with him/it. Love the Magicite I got as a prize too! (From what I understand, that name is a recurring one in the series).

So...Now that I have everyone, is it time to go off and tackle Kefka's Tower? Or do I need more levels for my party? Almost everyone is sitting at level 50 or just over it, barring Umaro (not a fan of using him) and Locke (currently at 47). Any advice on the psychomaniac and tackling his domain? =3

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

You could try Kefka's tower. I'd say you're ready. Unless you want to try and get a celestiad from Dinosaur Forest first, and bask in it's overpowered glory.

Bloop.

BruceCM

Strago should have a little quest, too, @Tyranexx ... Hope you returned to get all the treasure with your treasure hunter, too? Best tip for facing Kefka was Anti's spoiler awhile ago but I think you'll enjoy it more if you try it without hints 1st Did you do the boss up the other tower?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic