Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,302

Grumblevolcano

Looks like stores have caught on that the Europe version of the special edition is the best. The special edition is now preorderable at GAME (game.co.uk) and is 1 per person, UK only.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

I don't know what NoA has against steelbooks. And while I like art books, I think I'd get more out of it if I'd played the game when it was originally released. I'd much rather have the soundtrack; I listen to extended tracks of some of it on YT when I'm working.

I could import, but....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Btw, the separate images they uploaded from the game are all 1920x1080. So hopefully that's a guide to the docked resolution. Hopefully given that it's such a highly optimized game, they'll be able to manage that res.

This shot is a great example of how the improved texturing and more detailed backgrounds really makes the game feel new. It makes the world feel so much more immersive when you can zoom-in like this. If you did this on the Wii or 3DS version, you'd just see blurry textures which would break that immersion. The normal mapping on those cliffs in the background is especially good. The sense of detail in the environments is extending a lot further into the distance than it did before.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

KoenM84

Missed it on the Wii, was not gaming a lot back then. Enjoyed X on the Wii U very much! Skipped 2 because of a lack of time. Looking forward now! Maybe an incentive to go play 2 when I finished definitive edition. Ordered the European collectors box. Pretty psyched!

Primal Creation - Modern Thrash Metal (BE) @ Spotify

My Nintendo: KoenM84 | Nintendo Network ID: KoenM84

Late

I think I got the original game a year or two after it came out. When I first played it, I got stuck in a tutorial. I went through the text too fast and didn't understand what I was supposed to do. I hadn't saved for a good while so I just didn't touch the game for a good while. I could've probably handled the situation differently...

Once I decided to give it a second chance I loved it. I got halfway through the game and then I stopped. Mainly because the game is long and I wanted to take a break. I picked it up again when Xenoblade Chronicles X was announced. My plan was to finish it before X comes out but I barely played it. I bought X and only played the first 30 minutes to see what it's like because I still wanted to play through the original first. Then 2 comes out several years later and I'm at the same situation again. This time I decided to not care, bought 2 and played through it despite not beating the first game. I loved 2 even more than the original.

Now I'm at the crossroads once again, do I buy the remake and if I do, do I get the fantastic looking collector's edition, or do I stick with the original in hopes that I'll one day finish it? Currently leaning towards the first choice.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Dezzy

@Late

If you didn't finish the original, this would be a pretty damn good purchase for you. The visual improvement is significant, and the added epilogue is very anticipated by the core fanbase because it makes use of an unsused area from the original game, that we all knew about (because of dataminers), but could never actually play.

JaxonH

I played and beat Xenoblade Chronicles X, I played and beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I played and beat Xenoblade Chronicles Torna: The Golden Country.

I’ve played the original Xenoblade Chronicles, but I never beat it. I got up to level 10 in the Wii version. And I did the same in the 3DS version. But that’s as far as I got.

Seeing as this is the only game in the series I’ve never actually beaten, I am all over it. Xenoblade is one of my favorite series of all time. Especially X. That game was so freaking good. The world was just unbelievably amazing to fly around in.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

I can confirm that, unlike Xenoblade Chronicles 2, XC1 Definitive Edition's Japanese release will be the international version and support the usual international mixture of languages. This is really nice! It means we'll have the option of - honestly some of the best English voice acting I've ever seen, or my usual preference of Japanese voice acting - which is usually better. At least in my opinion.

Yay choices!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

Xenoblade Chronicles, but I never beat it. I got up to level 10 in the Wii version. And I did the same in the 3DS version. But that’s as far as I got.

You mean your characters were level 10? Or are you counting 10 different areas in the game or something?

Edited on by Dezzy

CanisWolfred

I'm definitely excited to play this again with new content, but I've been trying to cut down on purchases in general, especially re-releases. Still, if I ever find it on sale next year, this'll be a good pickup. I'm glad they're at least adding more content, unlike Tokyo Mirage whatever, where you're only paying for the privilage to play it on a console that wasn't dead on arrival...

Hopefully Xenoblade Chronicles X follows suit, perhaps with some sort of Co-op content?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Heavyarms55

@CanisWolfred If/when XCX gets a port the new content I would want would be new locations to explore. Maybe a whole side story on another continent or something, rescuing some more survivors of the crash that we thought dead. And I do home Monolith intends to make a sequel to the game someday, I feel like there is a lot more to the story/world to tell.

I just wish the game hadn't used the silent protagonist/avatar route. While I like designing my own character, it holds the story back.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

CanisWolfred

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@CanisWolfred If/when XCX gets a port the new content I would want would be new locations to explore. Maybe a whole side story on another continent or something, rescuing some more survivors of the crash that we thought dead. And I do home Monolith intends to make a sequel to the game someday, I feel like there is a lot more to the story/world to tell.

I just wish the game hadn't used the silent protagonist/avatar route. While I like designing my own character, it holds the story back.

Yeah, that's why I felt like some sort of online-focused content added onto it would've been appropriate for once. I didn't really care about the story, but the world actually seemed like it would be worth sharing with other people in some capacity.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

I thought XCX already had some kind co-op online thing?

CurryPowderKeg79

I just learned two day ago that this game is remake(Higher quality HD graphics) of the first game and not a definitive edition of XC2. Long story short. Now i'm stoked because i've never played the first XC. Was i misinformed because i'm a noob to the series? Perhaps! Either way i'm stoked for this one.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Dezzy

Damn, I just realized that the expansion looks like it's set after the main game. The Bionis shoulder is gonna be in a different location at that point, so we're not gonna get that awesome view down and across to the Mechonis. Obviously can't say much more about that without spoilers though.

@CurryPowderKeg79

You were perhaps confused because they've made the character models look more like XC2.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

I noticed the Japanese site for the game was using some more in-game screenshots for its background, so I went hunting through their files and grabbed the full resolution versions. These look incredible. Click on each image to go to the higher res version:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

link3710

@Dezzy My gosh, these are great. I am dying for this game.

link3710

Ralizah

@Dezzy I'm guessing those are displaying at a higher resolution than will be possible for the game on Switch?

Because that looks INSANELY good.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dezzy

@Ralizah

These are all 1646x968. So just under 1080p resolution.

Seems plausible that's the docked resolution for the game to me.

You've gotta assume for a "definitive edition" that's focusing entirely on a visual makeover of a game that was optimized to run on the Wii, they were definitely going to aim higher than the 720p they managed for XC2.

Breath of the Wild is 900p after all. So it seems a realistic expectation for some of the most talented graphics programmers working for Nintendo.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic