Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 1,900

Jhena

Reached the city . I hope I will never rant about jrpgs again. Got totally lost in the game today, it was so atmospheric. I guess, I really love big journeys with cool people. Definitely fell in love with the cast and will not stop now, until this journey is over.

Am I allowed to post again after my last post, or do I have to use the edit function on my last post?

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

jedgamesguy

@Jhena It’s not your fault that your last two posts are also the last two for the thread, it’s been cool seeing your reaction over the course of the game.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Jhena

@jedgamesguy
Thank you. I will try to write a little bit, from now on.

The scene, where the group sees a baby for the first time, is really cute. The fate of colony 5 was very dark. Nopon are my favourite race. I would love to live in a country, full of Nopon. If I could use them as a pillow, they would be perfect. Since I am not too fond of potatoes, they would not have to be afraid of me.

What to leave behind to (posterity?), is a good question .

Jhena

Jhena

Could this even be the best Xenoblade yet? I feel so alive playing it. The vibes are awesome and feel deep. And even though the game is serious and a little bit dark, I can feel so much positivity and motivation. The people really care for each other, even if they struggle to get along sometimes. I want to help and save them, which shows how great this game is. Seriously no matter how old I get, I still fall in love with games. Feels so good.

Reached Colony My today. Planting a flower for every fallen comrade, is both sad and beautiful. The world is so big. Traveling through the sea could take a while. Using a boat was a nice surprise.

I think I will buy the DLC, this is too good.

Jhena

Ralizah

@Jhena Judging by your comments, you're not even at the best part of the game yet, story-wise. There's still so much for you to see.

Yes, this is almost indisputably the best Xenoblade, and possibly my favorite Nintendo game overall. Super Mario Galaxy is still up there, but damn.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

StarPoint

@Jhena The DLC is amazing. I think I liked Torna as a DLC a little more overall, but Future Redeemed is so fun. Wraps up the trilogy in an incredible way too.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Ralizah

Future Redeemed feels like the game a lot of XC1 fans wanted XC3 to be. Fully invested in connecting the inane mythology of the larger series, to the point where they even drag in stuff from Xenosaga.

I'm glad XC3 (the main game) chose to tell a mostly standalone and emotionally resonant storyline that allowed room for character growth to drive the plot.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

Jhena

@Ralizah @StarPoint
Sounds like I really need to play the DLC. Thanks for the recommendation.

The sea is so big, I felt like I did not make much progress today. And I need to find more classes. Everyone except Sena, has their classes maxed. I might be grinding too much.

Found an adventurous Nopon today. Of course I thought he was stranded on an Island and needed to be saved, but he was just in need for assistance, for his little adventure. Nopon are simply the best.

Jhena

Jhena

Again not much progress, but I think there is not much left to do, in the sea area. I helped Bambam and his friend, to get back their stolen belongings. And I defeated a dangerously cute monster, after I gave it enough offerings. How could my Nopon friends think, they would not be considered cute enough anymore? If only they knew how cool and cute they are. Come to think of it, I should search for a stuffed Nopon online.

Jhena

jedgamesguy

Jhena wrote:

Could this even be the best Xenoblade yet? I feel so alive playing it. The vibes are awesome and feel deep. And even though the game is serious and a little bit dark, I can feel so much positivity and motivation. The people really care for each other, even if they struggle to get along sometimes. I want to help and save them, which shows how great this game is. Seriously no matter how old I get, I still fall in love with games. Feels so good.

Having played all three within the last year I can comfortably say that 3 has the most compelling game world as far as its supporting cast goes. The side quests are superb at fleshing out the world, especially when you unlock special ones that have people from different colonies coming together for various things. The sense of interconnected is felt so well, and the fact that you unlock all six party members very early on means that every quest is written to accommodate each one.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

ShadowofTwilight

I finished all 3 games and I'm now currently playing through X. I stand by that 3 was my least favourite but I still give it a 10/10.

ShadowofTwilight

Jhena

@jedgamesguy
It is simply a joy, to get to know the protagonists better, with each sidequest/mission. And I love the world now. Feels deeper, calmer and even wilder, than the last worlds. Even so, I guess I love every world in its own way.

Found a weird but cool guy totay, Triton. I did not expect, to become friends with a Moebius. Afterwards I progressed with the story and I am now in the ventilation shaft of the prison. The group is level 70 they would be 79 with training.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

ShadowofTwilight

@Jhena

It wasn't so much disliking as in I didn't adore it as much as the others. I put over 150 hours into the game and absolutely adored it but it didn't have the highs that 1 and 2 did for me.

ShadowofTwilight

Tyranexx

Jhena wrote:

Found a weird but cool guy totay, Triton. I did not expect, to become friends with a Moebius. Afterwards I progressed with the story and I am now in the ventilation shaft of the prison. The group is level 70 they would be 79 with training.

I LOVE this character; I affectionately refer to them as Crazy Pirate Grandpa. One of the most surprising encounters in the game, and I like the setup before the meeting too. That would probably be one of the least cruddy colonies to get stuck with.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

VoidofLight

@jedgamesguy Ehh, I personally think 1's world is still unrivaled. Mostly because of how it genuinely feels like a world that genuinely could exist. It has the interconnectivity that 3 has, but it feels more impressive due to how it takes place on two giant humanoid titans, instead of just a collection of their parts. 3's world feels far more desolate and like there isn't any real cultural significance behind the landmarks. I get this was pretty much by design, given Aionios itself had no developing culture- as the people weren't exactly allowed it. It still just creates a barren and empty world though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Jhena It's moreso that 3 is a different game from 1 and 2. 1 and 2 have more outright action and less quiet moments in their plots, where as 3 is mostly just quiet moments and a bit of action sprinkled through-out.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jedgamesguy

@Jhena Jeez your party level is ridiculously high… you’re now at a higher level than the final boss at this point! Goes to show the insane amount of quests in the open sea region for this to be even remotely possible.

@VoidofLight Totally agree, that’s why I said in terms of how the NPCs inform the world, because when it’s about the world itself, the Bionis and Mechonis setting is unparalleled. One of my favourite things in XC1 was to look around and take in the sheer scale of the world, and how believable it was from a narrative point of view. I disagree about the culture part though, every single colony has a distinct attitude and atmosphere to it, some are hopeful, some are absolutely terrified, some are military focused, others are technology savvy, some rich and poor, and some love Spongy Spuds 😉. Plus, each has a great hero to come with the party. It’s just the colonies though, as you say.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jhena

@ShadowofTwilight
Yeah I think I should have worded the question differently. And thanks for replying. Seems like a reasonable reason, to put the other games above 3.

@Tyranexx
I like the name you gave him. It was also funny, how the whole group was wearing eye patches.

@VoidofLight
Good point. The world feels also bigger in 3 and makes it easier to just wander around, simply enjoying the vibes. I really feel like replaying 2 now, to feel the difference.

@jedgamesguy
Yep. And so many enemies to fight. When my party was almost purely a healer party, it was easy to get an experience multiplier at the end of the battles.

Jhena

Jhena

Reached chapter 6 now. Okay I feel like dropping the game again. It is just too dramatic, sad, and crazy. I just want this game to end and I feel like, nope cry without me, bye. It feels like madness is clashing with madness and I just do not care for it anymore.

Jhena

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic