Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 68,981 to 69,000 of 69,981

FishyS

@GameOtaku Tbh, there were a lot more F-Zero games than I realized; so fewer than Mario Kart but more than half. Seems like the series was popular for one game and then sales just went down and down and down.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Giancarlothomaz

@FishyS ideally they should have release F-Zero 99, followed by a remaster of a older F-Zero game(F-Zero GX anyone?), if this F-Zero meet or surpass Nintendo sales expectation, them develop a brand new F-Zero game for Switch or it sucessor

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

GameOtaku

@FishyS
Unfortunately the sales for the consoles the sequels were on didn’t sell the big numbers either so you have to add that into consideration. While the N64 and GameCube were great machines they just sold far less than the competition ergo less sales of FZero sequels.

GameOtaku

kkslider5552000

Yeah, unsurprisingly being the at best, 3rd most relevant first party racing game (and I'd probably argue 4th with Waverace around) on N64 and the 3rd most relevant (at least in hindsight) first party racing game released....in the 2nd half of 2003 on Gamecube is not the best way to have a massive fanbase. F-Zero VC releases probably did a lot more to get people to try an F-Zero than new releases other than the original.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jhena

Just saw the Stray Children trailer on the japanese channel of Youtube. When the characters started to talk, I knew this was for Love-de-Lic fans. Moon was an interesting experience, so I hope this will at least get an english translation. Great artdirection.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Grumblevolcano

It's still rather surreal how Nintendo just suddenly decided to acknowledge the Gamecube's existence this year. Before that there was only Sunshine being a part of the limited time collection 3D All Stars and a bunch of content from Melee in Smash Ultimate. But now we have Metroid Prime, Pikmin 1+2, they allowed Bandai Namco to bring back the 2 Baten Kaitos GCN games and TTYD is coming next year. Also some Double Dash tracks and characters were added to MK8 Deluxe this year. We'll probably also get other GCN stuff in the near future like Prime 2 assuming Prime 4's story continues on from Prime 3's 100% ending.

In a sense it's a huge shame all signs are pointing towards Switch 2 next year as it means Nintendo may very well return back to ignoring the Gamecube's existence rather than going deeper into the system's library.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Its likely because Nintendo realised they needed a continuation in first party games that can be developed fairly quickly either as a remaster or remake and the GameCube does have a fair few games they can bring from the vaults that fill that void. I dunno if Nintendo will necessarily forget about it once NG Switch launches. They may continue to remaster or remake some of the games to fill gaps between the big new releases. They’ve ran out of Wii U titles to do that so the logical conclusion is to make use of GameCube and Wii games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

The good news about GameCube games is it's the earliest generation of games that they can bump up to 1080p and still looks fine. With earlier games there's the jaggyness.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

It's now been confirmed that the absolute final MH Rise Sunbreak content (a final event quest) is coming September 25th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

Is it expected that a developer would be looking for concept artists this far into development of a game? Or could it be a separate team working on a different game at Retro?

https://x.com/jobsatnintendo/status/1706339772384563687?s=46&...

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz Unless it’s referring to the Switch successor and it’s a year early in being rated which would be really weird, i somehow don’t think this is accurate.

FragRed

@Giancarlothomaz it also has PS4 & Xbox One and the date is 2018.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Maybe the Switch successor is called "Nintendo Switch (2nd generation)" much like Apple does with the base iPad line and used to do with iPod Touch (Apple discontinued the entire iPod brand in 2022). "2nd generation" is in small writing on the back of the box and the console itself only mentions 2nd generation in the system settings.

It's a bad idea but it would explain why RDR2 is rated for Switch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Oh dear God I can only imagine the disaster that would be Nintendo marketing that. And I mean that because it’s Nintendo.

Yeah I do think that’s a good point though. I was just curious because I’d assumed a Switch port would have received its own rating and a new release date instead of the original 2018 one.

FishyS

BobTheBunkerGuy wrote:

FragRed wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Oh dear God I can only imagine the disaster that would be Nintendo marketing that. And I mean that because it’s Nintendo.
Yeah I do think that’s a good point though. I was just curious because I’d assumed a Switch port would have received its own rating and a new release date instead of the original 2018 one.

Same honestly, it could go very very poorly

Maybe the branding will be SwiTch with a capital T secretly standing for 'two'. 😝

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic