Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,401 to 64,420 of 70,004

Ralizah

Crazy to think that collection never made it to Switch. I'd have absolutely bought it by now, since I love some of those games. But I'm not booting up a PS4 just to play some NES games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
I have one game on PS4 with NES / SNES style + modern 3D model twist. It was Evoland 1 & 2: Legendary Edition.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Yeah, I'm honestly shocked that the Disney Afternoon Collection still hasn't come to the Switch... I would have gotten it by now, too. I mean, that collection came out for the other platforms around a month after the Switch came out. I read an article about this, and apparently Capcom had no plans on making a Switch version. Nice going, guys.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

@Haruki_NLI I think it's a desperate attempt to become less reliant on 3rd parties. With microtransactions in 3rd party games being a big source of money for Sony in the PS4 era, questions can be asked like "what happens if CoD is no longer on Playstation?".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Croctopus

Besides the Disney Afternoon Collection, I think it's a pity DuckTales Remastered has never come to Switch as well. I'd have happily bought that, too!

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Eagly wrote:

The console you are playin a game on shouldn’t determine affect anything even with different controllers

Sorry to butt in,

It should have an affect if it is a game that isn't offered on all systems even though it isn't a first party game and the systems snubbed could run it. People have console preferences, and imo multiplats should be offered on any system that can run it, so that people can make their own choice on where they want to play. I don't have disney afternoon collection for the same reason. I want to play on switch and since the switch can run those games, I don't think that nintendo should have been excluded. While of course there are logistics behind that like, if the devs know how to program for switch, it is the publisher's job to outsource if needed imo to publish an optimized game on as many viable systems as possible.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

Console choice matters to me too, and here's why...

Switch is the only platform that's hybrid handheld. I've reached a point where I lose interest in any game that's not available to be played on the TV, and in handheld mode, and in tabletop mode as a portable console unit.

I've tried. But every time what happens is, I start a game on say, the PS5, or XSX, and get an hour or two in. Then I go to work the next day and bring my Switch OLED. While at work, I can't play that same game so I play something else, and when I get home I just keep playing that other game. The appeal of going back to a game trapped at home on my TV is quite low. It's like, why play this game when I'm not gonna be able to stay into it. Bouncing back and forth takes me out of the experience

If all consoles were hybrid, or all consoles were TV-tethered, I don't think I'd care. But those differences in freedom of how and when you play have a real impact on platform appeal.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioVillager92

@Dev9417 I can't blame you, I loved DuckTales Remastered on the Wii U. Though they made it for last gen platforms, that'd be cool to have it on Switch as well. It is on Steam, at least, I just checked.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I have a lot of different video game consoles and handhelds at home.
From PS2, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, Switch, NDS Lite, 3DS, PSP.
I felt granted to able to play the games on every video game machines I have, it's like Arcade at home.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

Being a console partisan is fine as long as you don't wind up embracing full on irrational tribalism. It's probably nice to have your entire library available on one platform. You also get to explore a console's library more fully if you're not splitting your attention between various devices.

And yeah, in the case of the Switch, the hybrid capabilities of the system mean it's not interchangable at all with other, TV-tethered platforms.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Beat Nier Automata!

Wow what a great game. And what a great Switch version! Game looked fantastic in 1080p on the TV. 720p handheld, good framerate. And HD rumble, which was not in other versions, was a nice extra bonus.

Platinum really is one of my favorite studios. They don't always stick the landing, but when they do, man do they nail it.

Guess I have time to start a 2nd playthrough before Mario Rabbids and Persona 5 Royal this week, and of course, Platinum's finest, Bayonetta 3, the week after.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Eagly
You weren't lying. This second route is awesome so far!

Though without the context of the first route, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive.

JaxonH

I love it.

Untitled

JaxonH

@Kermit1
Pothead Goombah 😀

Ryu_Niiyama

@Eagly and that’s fine. You don’t have a console preference. But that doesn’t negate anything that I said. Even if everyone could afford every current system, which we all know they can’t, people still will have a system that they prefer to spend their time or even feel a game is best suited to that system for whatever reason. The switch has NES controllers…made by Nintendo; even if someone prefers another system they may want to play NES games on switch simply because you can best replicate the original experience there.

A lot goes into system preferences: nostalgia, convenience, tech specs, controller… I suspect if the gaming world wasn’t so fragmented, many people would play on 1 system. For the most part PC players do just that for instance.

I suspect if Nintendo put their exclusives on PC (not bringing emulation into this convo) many folks that prefer PC would stop buying a console.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic