Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 64,381 to 64,400 of 70,082

JaxonH

@Eagly
Ya, and thank goodness for that. I'm not really into PS games, but at the same time I don't dislike them either. They're about the same as all the other AAA games releasing.

But.

All the other AAA games have Steam releases where they can be played with gyro aiming. Whereas PS exclusives could not... until now, that is. The best part about PC releases is those games being playable with gyro, which as far as I'm concerned, makes them playable full stop. I just couldn't stomach them before.

Though to be fair, they have started incorporating gyro into a couple of their games (notably, TLOU games, Horizon FW and Days Gone). Hopefully that trend continues.

Also, Steam releases mean portable play now that SteamDeck exists. You may only get 1.5 to 2 hrs, but it's a start.

But man... this year is gonna be one to be remembered. Especially for snatching a number of 3rd party games typically associated with PS or which started out as PS exclusive- Nier Automata, Persona 5, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, No Man's Sky, Legend of Heroes: Trails to Zero, 13 Sentinels, MLB The Show, and that's not even mentioning we finally got other ports like Portal and Portal 2, Zombie Army 4, Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection, Disco Elysium, KOTOR II, Sonic Origins, Sonic Frontiers (finally some good Sonic games), Demon Slayer, AI Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative, Tactics Ogre Reborn, and then the exclusives, from Pokemon Legends Arceus to Switch Sports, Kirby Forgotten Land, Kirby Dream Buffet, Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes, Mario Strikers, Live A Live, Triangle Strategy, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Bayonetta 3, Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Dragon Quest Treasures, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, and next year starts off with a bang- January 19th is Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden, and January 20th is Fire Emblem Engage. And Kirby Return To Dreamland is soon to follow, with Pikmin 4, Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and who knows what else after that.

What a massive W

I just ordered a Jackery 1,002 Wh portable power station with two 100W solar panels, and a Vornado fan. If the nukes start flying, or electric grid goes down for whatever crazy reason in this world we live in today, I can soak enough of the sun to stay cool in the summer and binge on Switch OLED. Just having my Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak, Nier Automata, Mario Rabbids, Persona 5 Royal, Bayonetta 3, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, Tactics Ogre Reborn, Persona 4 Golden and Fire Emblem Engage is enough for me to go off grid for years.

Just hope the world keeps turning another 90 days so I can stockpile all these games in my apocalypse gaming bunker 😀

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
PlayStation games are not just about AAA Western cinematic games all the time.
I played the 3rd party multi console kids games mostly on PS4 such as My Universe games, Paw Patrol games, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders games, etc. Even my PS3 and PS5 games I have are kids games.
Those games are still part of PlayStation games even they are not AAA games.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
I am aware Anti-Matter.

That wasn't what I was talking about.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CJD87

@JaxonH Love your enthusiasm mate regarding the Switch…

As a PS5 & Switch owner, it really frustrates me when the Switch is considered to be a ‘lower-class citizen’ among its higher-spec peers. For sure the PS5/XSX are quality acts, with some awesome current-gen experiences, but honestly I find myself probably playing more Switch than PS these days.

Before the end of the year I’ll definitely be buying FF7CC and probably also NMS. I’ve got XB3 in backlog also, and currently jumping between Sunbreak and the new Monkey Island game. The versatility of the Switch’s hybrid nature, and it’s vast catalogue of games, really do make it an awesome asset

Both my kids have switches also, boy (8) on FIFA and girl (6) on ACNH…. Just such a great console for younger kids as well as adults.

Tears of the Kingdom will surely be a great release, and then who knows… possibly this could coincide with the announcement of Switch2/Super Switch?!

But yeh on PS I’ll probably grab the Callisto Protocal before end of year if reviews and solid, and maybe even TLOUp1 remake (if price drops). Then Switch will be FF7CC and maaaaaaybe NMS. I’ve never played NMS, but the more I read up on it the more I think it could be for me!!

CJD87

StuTwo

Just to say how really surprised I am by how good Pilotwings 64 is on NSO. It was always a quality little game but on the NSO it just shines. I think the low texture art style naturally scales up so nicely when it's rendered in HD and the consistent frame rate does make it a far more impressive experience. It genuinely feels like a remastered version that I wasn't expecting.

It even plays nicely with the Switch controller without remapping (which isn't the case for many N64 games).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Grumblevolcano

@Eagly I've found Sony's approach for most of this year very odd, it's been all about everything but Playstation news. Even the GoW Ragnarok promo cycle is very muted compared to previous Playstation Studios titles and there's no Playstation Showcase. PC ports of Playstation exclusives are very nice though especially as Steam Deck gets to pretty much be the Vita 2 that Sony wouldn't make.

@JaxonH 2022's lineup is better for sure though I was more excited about Switch in 2017. I think it's about back then the hybrid concept was really new and exciting but nowadays kind of take it for granted.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

I just realized that the majority of my BF purchases next month will be on switch. It's been hard avoiding all the new drops this month (I only bought Bayo 1 and 3, Diofield and Trails from Zero this month) but I have persevered ....until next month when I blow like a grand on games. lol.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
That is true.

But I think, at least for me, that feeling has been reinvigorated ever since the OLED dropped.

@CJD87
I like No Man's Sky but gosh dang, I need to watch a tutorial vid or something cause I can't survive more than 10 min without running out of laser fuel and freezing. From the start of the game lol. It's brutal, and I don't really know what I'm doing. It's cool though

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Like, I couldn't even manage to get to my ship. There's resources everywhere but I didn't know which ones did what, and I was trying to complete the objectives given right when the game starts, so I was blasting anything I could see desperately trying to get Ferrite or whatever. Then made my way to the destination marker (think it was my ship?) And froze on the way there, ran out of everything on the way there. Died first time, tried again and barely made it with a sliver of health, then died when trying to access the little gadget there

Was like wow. OK. This game isn't playing around.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Normal mode. I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard Survival Mode is.

@Eagly
Ya, credit where credits due. I'm very happy to see gyro aiming starting to become standard among 1st party PS games. That's how it caught fire on Switch- Zelda and Splatoon. If every 1st party PS game keeps adding in gyro, it'll eventually catch fire on that platform too, and Xbox will be forced to add it into their next controller which would make it X-input compatible and standardize across the industry.

Problem is, they don't enable by default like Nintendo does. So the vast majority of ppl will never find it buried in the settings menu.

My 7 favorite franchises are probably Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Persona, Zelda, Metroid and Bayonetta (though this could extend to all Platinum titles like Astral Chain and Nier Automata). And we're getting entries in all but one of them in the span of less than a year (and we very well could still see Metroid Prime Remastered next year, so maybe all 7). I would add Final Fantasy to the list but, I don't really like the newer games after XII as much. But as long as they keep remaking the classics, I'll say it's top 10. So you could add Crisis Core remake in there too. I've never played it, and it looks good.

Grumblevolcano

@Eagly It appears to be a change in strategy as a result of Jim Ryan's leadership. Moving away from single player games towards live service like it was revealed earlier this year that there's 2 more live service games by the end of March 2023 and then after that another 9 live service games by 2025:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/more-than-half-of-pla...

Live service games sometimes are more successful when they're just announced out of nowhere with a shadow drop like Apex Legends and CoD Warzone.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Eagly
Bayonetta is soooo good

Like, it's flawless. At least, Bayonetta 2 is. Best action game of all time and judging by the looks of Bayonetta 3, it's going to be even better. Playing the game is pure bliss. You get into the zone.

JaxonH

@Eagly
Oh I know how it is, believe me. Got my brother a PS5 Horizon bundle which is 3x what I normally spend on Christmas gifts, then felt I had to spend the same on my mom to keep it equal, so got here a new Galaxy S21 FE phone... plus an $1100 portable power station with solar panels, and all these new games releasing on top of it...

My bank account is so low I actually can't afford to pay my monthly CC bill (I always pay full amount right away). Gonna have to go make a sizeable deposit Monday just to cover all this spending.

I'll be so glad when Switch 2 releases and I make the jump to digital only. This physical + digital habit is absolutely destroying my finances.

KilloWertz

@JaxonH I tried to make it through Bayonetta about a month or so ago and dropped it for the time being. The gameplay is good, but it got annoying fighting the same enemies and bosses over and over again. It got really monotonous. I'll probably go back to it at some point as I do still want to experience the sequel, and definitely the third one, but I was pretty disappointed with the complete lack of any enemy variety whatsoever.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JaxonH

@KilloWertz
Oh there's toooooons of enemy variety in Bayonetta. You're not gonna fight each type just once, obviously they recur and in greater numbers and different combinations, but there's seriously so much variety it's mind boggling. All the different angel types, all the different demon types, all the special bosses... there's a lot.

@Jalex_64
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Kermit1doesmath

@Ryu_Niiyama It's like all the AI are on hard mode they ALWAYS have the right cards.

I played the online mode and won my first game (not to rub it in).

dysgraphia awareness human

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano What worries me with this 12 live service games by 2025 is that...well people only have some much time and to have one company make so many and expect them all to work is insane.

Heck, even if just one sticks, that's still 11 projects, expensive ones at that, down the drain.

People have to choose between the few put out by multiple companies and with the exception of Epic Games, most only do one. So unless everyone of these games will be a different genre and catch on, Sony is about to burn a lot of money to find one pile of gold

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

XandertheWise

Where the hell is the regular official topic messageboard thread for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pearl anyway?

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic