Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 63,821 to 63,840 of 69,981

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, never expect anything that Nintendo never promised to you, it never works out. I can understand being disappointed that there's no release date for AW 1+2 and maybe disappointed there's no Prime 4 update, but they never promised WW/TP HD nor Metroid Prime remaster.

With that said, just because they didn't show today doesn't exactly mean these games don't exist. We were hearing about FE Engage game since like 2020. And there's plenty of other examples of rumors that were baking for a couple years before they came to fruition.

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Kermit1doesmath

@Ryu_Niiyama when I used it, it didn't work lol. I ran like the flash to get my switch and put in the code lol

thanks for the offer!

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kermit1 Sorry to hear that, hope your mom lets you get it.

Welp if anybody wants that code and is in the US, its yours. I'm already topped off for the year.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

The only game that got my highest hype was Fae Farm. A new indie game that quickly made me smile for better character design for Rune Factory style games. It has strong Animal Crossing + Fantasy Life vibes. I rated this game 8/10 for my first impression.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Did anybody play various daylife on ios? I'm not gonna download it onto my phone (no room) and 30 bucks is a little much for a mobile port I know nothing about.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

gcunit

I couldn't stop lol'ing in my head at that title: Various Daylife.

Absolutely the worst title we've seen so far. And we thought Triangle Strategy was bad.

Quite skewed towards Japanese games, that Direct, I thought. Felt like a noticeably small number of western titles. Already knew about SpongeBob, so just It Takes Two and Tunic that I can think of.

Me thinks more announcements from third parties are to come soon.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@gcunit
For sure. Switch is now the default platform for it. Every system has its own unique demographics, and the Nintendo Switch, in just a matter of a few years, somehow became the platform for Japanese games. That won't be to everyone's taste, but, that's why there's 4 major platforms with each one offering its own unique features and strength of genres. Xbox is strong in western games, PC is strong in MMOs and indies, PS is strong in story driven AAA, and Switch is strong in gameplay focused titles and Japanese games.

What's nice though is Nintendo, more than any other platform manufacturer, offers a wide variety of genres via their 1st party and strategically selected 3rd party exclusives. With PS, for example, if you look at their 1st party games, there's massive overlap in style and approach, as they all target the same core demographic which has largely homogenous preferences (not that that's a bad thing, just an observation).

With Nintendo, they've got open world adventure (Zelda TotK), 2D platformer (Kirby Return to Dreamland), 3D platformer (Kirby Forgotten Land), crazy unique games without any well-defined genre (Kirby Dream Buffet, Switch Sports, Luigi's Mansion 3, etc), real-time strategy resource management (Pikmin 4), grid based Japanese srpg (Fire Emblem Engage), traditional turn based JRPG (Octopath Traveler 2), open world semi real-time JRPG (Xenoblade 3), pure action (Bayonetta 3), non-grid based tactics (Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope), Monster collecting (Pokémon Scarlet/Violet), 3rd person shooter (Splatoon 3), farm sim (Harvestella, Rune Factory), sports (Mario Strikers, Golf, Tennis), cart racing (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), 2D fighters (Smash Bros), 3D fighters (ARMS), life sim (Animal Crossing), metroidvania (Metroid Dread), etc etc.

Which is why Directs see such a wide range of responses. For some ppl, they like games A and B, others like C and D, while others like E and F, and still others like G and H. Then there's ppl like me eating fat who like A-Z, crushing the entire kitchen pantry 😉

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Couple things I wanted to note before hitting the sack.

1) Easy Come Easy Golf also dropped on Switch today. It was featured in the JP Direct. Apparently it's made by the same team that did Everybody's Golf and Hot Shotz Golf exclusive to PS all those years. So it's essentially that series in all but name.

2) Rain Code actually looks super good. It has that insane style I haven't seen in a game since Persona 5. I watched the trailer 3 times now and ya, this one is looking very promising. From the devs of Danganronpa.

3) Radiant Silvergun disappeared from the eShop for some reason but LiveWire (company who published Treasure's masterpiece) says they're on it and will get it back up soon. So if anyone looks for it and can't find it, that's why.

4) Harvestella demo is out and oh boy, this game is 🔥. For real. The music is top shelf- not the kind of music you expect for a game like this. It's seriously good. Soundtrack release worthy. And the audio quality is also superb. The sound of footsteps, meteor impacts, it's all incredibly impressive. I highly recommend downloading the demo and checking it out. This is not just some C-tier RPG. This is the Rune Factory 5 we should have gotten. Way better graphics, way better performance, way better audio and music, way more engaging mechanics... it's the best game of this genre I've played before. No reason not to give it a spin for free. Save data transfers to the full game.

5) 2023 is shaping up nicely. Already we have the following:

• Fire Emblem Engage
  • Kirby Return to Dreamland
  • Pikmin 4
  • Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
  • Atelier Ryza 3
  • Tales of Symphonia Remastered
  • Rain Code
  • Octopath Traveler II

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
"PS is strong in story driven AAA"
Not really.
Even on PS4 / PS5 there are some 3rd party games for kids in different genre like Nintendo Switch have.
Let's say:

Open World adventure: LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER, Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles

Farm sim: Hokko Life, Life in WillowDale, Kitaria Fables, etc

Pikmin style : Tinykin

Sandbox : Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2

3D platformer : Spyro, Kao the Kangaroo, Smurfs Mission Vileaf

Sports party (Wii Sports style) : Instant Sports Plus, Instant Sports All Stars

Cooking games: Epic Chef, Cooking Mama Cookstar

RPG: Dodgeball Academia, Earthlock, Evoland 1 + 2, World of Final Fantasy, Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Can somebody confirm to me if Fitness Boxing 2 currently will not get tainted by rated M character from Nintendo Direct ?
Untitled

I hate the inclusion of rated M stuffs in family friendly games!
I'm sick with the inclusion of rated M characters in kids games by certain developers!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

skywake

No surprise to anyone that I was already hyped for Bayonetta 3 but I just had a look at that gameplay trailer. Damn, it's looking VERY good. This may well end up being one of the best games on the Switch

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter
I think you missed the point, and completely misinterpreted what was said. Try reading it again.

Edited on by JaxonH

Anti-Matter

I hate to say this, but....
Untitled

This game is not full in one cartridge, download required.
Sorry, guys. Get the PS4 / PS5 version for the best result.
Don't support the partial download practice.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

So far my day 1 purchases for the rest of the year is seeming to be:

• The DioField Chronicle
  • Tunic
  • Nier Automata
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Sonic Frontiers
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

These are definite though there's others I'm considering like Crisis Core (is it best to play Crisis Core before FF7 as it's a prequel or the other way around?).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

As for my Day 1 purchases.....probably just Pokemon Scarlet and a renewed NSO EP subscription honestly. I grabbed Splatoon 3 Day 1 (well, technically 2 but still) about a week ago so that'll more than last me until SV comes out (in addition to whatever comes out on NSO).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

jump

For me the question is should I get Mario + Rabbids day one. After Zelda it's probably the game I most want to play, however it's also the game that will get the heaviest discount as it's Ubisoft plus Persona, Splatoon, Mario Strikers, Pokemon, Neir, AEW Fight Forever, Fire Emblem, Mario Kart DLC, Bayonetta and a backlog of indies means I probably wont even notice I've not got it yet for awhile.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

@jump If you're not worried about supporting them at launch, then just buy it when you're ready to spend the time to actually play it.

Their pricing strategy really is unfortunate. I fully believe people would have no issues paying full price for a game like this otherwise.

@Grumblevolcano Crisis Core was released years after FF7, with the expectation that you'd already played the full game. Best to play the original game first.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic