Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,241 to 57,260 of 69,981

KryptoniteKrunch

Love that new demon that looks like a hydra with xenomorph heads. This game looks insanely good.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

skywake

skywake wrote:

@JaxonH
I think you're overestimating some of those prices. I mean I'm looking at Australian retail prices for some of these things and even though AUD is weaker than USD the gap is still lower than you say. Going from a 32GB to a 64GB flash drive/microSD card is about $5AU and a Gigabit NIC for $15AU. So that's about $20AU at retail for those two things.

Also lets ignore my estimate of how much the OLED costs and go to this graph from Bloomberg....
Untitled
Rounding up to $19US, $19US -> $25AU. So adding that all up it's about $45AU for these three components. Storage, network adapter (although we don't know if it's Gigabit) and OLED panel. And they're charging an additional $100AU at retail so there's at least $55AU of additional profit.

Of course this is ignoring that the current Switch also has a screen so it'd be less than that. And it'd be less again because there's no way Nintendo are paying what I'd pay for a LAN adapter and cheap flash.[....]

Not complaining about this, they can do this and it'll still sell so good on them. I'm just not buying into this narrative that a higher spec SKU is somehow impossible because Nintendo's profit margin has been eaten up entirely by the OLED panel. It hasn't.

heh
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/07/switch_oled_upgrade...

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@Ralizah
The colors are definitely well used. Idk what exactly it is about the game that makes it look so visually appealing. The graphics are good, but it's not just that. Maybe it's the use of color, but... I feel like it's even more than that. Can't quite put my finger on it. Art style? Maybe it's just the combination of everything.

Doesn't matter. It looks stunning. But the OLED model will certainly help the colors.

What also struck me is the music.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

"Yo that song's a bop what's it called?"

"Main menu"

"......."

SMT IV's OST in a nutshell

I'm not even ready for what people like Tsuchiya and Konishi can accomplish on a home console given SMT IV's insane production value in terms of music on a 3DS game

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

Steamdeck baby!

Finally the ultimate PC handheld hybrid with Gyro!!! And dual analog unlike the Steam controller, so you can use trackpad OR analog depending on the game!

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

You getting one, @JaxonH ....? You'll have to let us know how good it is!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheFrenchiestFry

Finally

Persona on the Switch

TheFrenchiestFry

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Dang skippy pahtna!

The full 512 GB model. No dock needed because cloud save means using my 2080 ti on the TV. But I will need a 1 TB micro SD to max storage. And a carry case.

I've been a fan of handheld PC's for a long time. I own a GPD Win 2 after all. But no Gyro and extremely short battery life kinda ruined my desire to use it.

But this? Monster Hunter World handheld. Mass Effect Legendary Edition with Gyro in handheld? Yes please.

I wish it could do tabletop with detachable controllers- that's a killer feature of the Switch, but they got enough right. I'll take it.

Obviously will need to keep games running at 720p max to conserve battery life, maybe even 600p (in my experience on the Win 2, 600p is almost just as good). 30fps locked with V-sync. Low-medium settings. If it can push 4 hrs with all that I'll be ecstatic.

It's about 3.5" longer than the Switch Lite (not sure about normal Switch, I don't have it with me) and looks a lot heavier and more girthy. Maybe not as comfy to play for long periods handheld like the featherweight Switch Lite.

But hey. Compromise. For what it's offering, I can deal with it.

Edited on by JaxonH

TheFrenchiestFry

Finally

Mainline Persona on Switch

TheFrenchiestFry

JokerCK

Switch downfall? Yeah sure. How many companies have succeeded by emulating Nintendo devices? Will you write here? Also I hope it runs on 12 AA batteries like the Game Gear, too. Because its looks like Game Gear.

Edited on by JokerCK

JokerCK

Ralizah

It's a cool idea, but the button and stick layout is hideous.

There's no reason to squish all of the buttons and sticks together. Just ditch those awful touch-sensitive pads and spread the buttons out a bit.

Clearly they've not learned much from the Steam controller.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Lol Giancarlo you kill me sometimes 🤣

kkslider5552000

It seems pretty cool, I just don't know why people would be that invested in another Valve thing. Every few years they announce some new hardware of some type, it gets a niche audience, its largely forgotten about.

Does anyone even remember Steam machines?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic