Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,661 to 4,680 of 70,103

Bluefiregamer

SMD just posted this video. Seems like Eurogamer confused the NX with something else entirely. LOL

Its dangerous to go alone take this.

Octane

@Bluefiregamer Well, Eurogamer claimed they had seen a dev kit, wasn't it? Kinda difficult to mistake this for a Nintendo product I'd think. So I don't know how much stock I'd put in that idea. I honestly don't know. However, it is LITERALLY the NX like how Eurogamer described...

Anyway, if that's the NX, then they surely aren't that original anymore

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

The rumours have dried right up. The way the company CEO's speak about the NX, it doesn't sound like the rumours that came from the likes of Eurogamer and Emily Rogers.

I think the NX is going to heavily interact with smart phones and Nintendo are working on a lot of apps for it. I've no idea what power the thing will have but if it's not comparable to the competition then it's screwed before it even sets sail.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Frostyboy

@Bluefiregamer thank for Sharing I never watch SMD stuff. The thought that the rumour could be wrong and we still have no clue what Nintendo upto is kind of exciting.

Swopped my Saga master system for my friend NES and iv never look back.

Miitomo - http://twitter.com/@Frostyboy

Twitter:

Bluefiregamer

@Skywake I forgot about the Razer PC Tablet LOL. That was 2013. I bet if they made a new one it would be twice as powerful as the one that was shown there.

@Frostyboy Your very welcome.

@Octane I still think it's going to be a Home Console that is gonna be revealed. I could be wrong but that is just my opinion.

P.S. I hope we get a reveal in October.

Bluefiregamer

You're* sorry realized I typed your.

skywake

@Bluefiregamer
The thing is, it's not like the NX concept as described is new. There have been tablet like devices attempting to be portable console competitors for a while now. Whether that's an accessory, a dedicated device or some combination. To some degree even the Wii U is kinda like the NX concept in that regard.

So I don't know why it's at all surprising that some random company has created a product like this. And anyways, the Eurogamer rumour was what, July? And I think it's fair to say, based on the media reaction, they had been sitting on it for a while. It really doesn't take that long to churn out a prototype. For all we know they're basing that device on the NX itself.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Frostyboy

Hypothetically ignoring all the rumours what if the NX is just HD DS? Not a Hybrid! has 3ds backwards compatibility, Wii U ports and future Wii U/HD DS joint releases. Would it Sell or go down is flaming glory?

Swopped my Saga master system for my friend NES and iv never look back.

Miitomo - http://twitter.com/@Frostyboy

Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Frostyboy wrote:

Hypothetically ignoring all the rumours what if the NX is just HD DS? Not a Hybrid! has 3ds backwards compatibility, Wii U ports and future Wii U/HD DS joint releases. Would it Sell or go down is flaming glory?

Untitled

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

Frostyboy wrote:

I'd honestly like that a lot, anything to allow the Wii U to get more games after Color Splash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Octane wrote:

@skywake Late July. That's just over two months ago. Very unlikely to have a device ready for mass production in such a short time. Besides, that doesn't explain the fact that they already showed it off last year: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sr8SbLgHkzI

I'm going to be honest, I didn't really watch the video. I simply discounted it after watching a few seconds because SMD is the most salty dude on the internet right now. Though you are right that this video was from last year. And with a bit more googling it appears the thing isn't out yet. So the first part of what you said isn't correct, this device isn't ready for mass production. It appears to be basically vaporware.

An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

TuVictus

This certainly makes for some interesting conversation. Out of curiosity, what are the specs and intended price for that thing up there?

TuVictus

TromboneGamer

@Bluefiregamer SMD and PlayerEssence are desperate to affirm that Nintendo would not in their right mind as a business launch one console that isn't following the industry standard. It's a good thing they're around because they bring a different perspective and challenge the validity of the rumors we've been getting. It's just that sometimes their own speculation can be as ridiculous as the rumors we get as well.

My Twitch

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9902-3413 | Nintendo Network ID: TromboneGamer | Twitter:

Octane

@skywake The rep said that the product was ready for mass production. However I also read that they had problems with finding a manufacturer or something like that. Anyway, they're still promoting the thing and it's expected to release this year. This device is not a reaction to the NX rumours, that was what I was getting at. This exists for a good while now. And they already had working units last year, not some quick prototype that they threw together in a couple of weeks by the looks of it. Maybe they'll delay it again, and maybe it will never release, but that's a moot point.

TBH, I don't really care what SMD says. I don't watch his videos, and I don't care for his opinions. But it's quite the coincidence that the device Eurogamer described already exists. It's uncanny. I know there's the Razor Tablet as well, and I believe I posted that myself in this thread when the Eurogamer rumours started popping up. Either Eurogamer is wrong, or Nintendo is making a device that already exists.

Octane

skywake

@Operative
To put the specs simply, it's basically an oversized Vita. It has more RAM but it runs Android so it needs it. It has a bigger, higher resolution display. But it has less raw GPU horsepower. Think of it as if it was like a handicapped vita with a bigger screen, bluetooth controllers and a HDMI out. Or maybe just an entry level tablet from a couple of years ago with a bluetooth game controller you can clip on the side.

Now price is a bit tricky given that I can't seem to find a way to get it. It's not available. They have a price at $330USD on their indiegogo page for shipping by September 2016. 0 takers. That price is supposedly "well bellow the market rate". Which is a load of crap given what it is. Hence the no takers I guess.

Really, the whole thing is a bit strange.

Edited on by skywake

skywake

Octane wrote:

Either Eurogamer is wrong, or Nintendo is making a device that already exists.

Or Eurogamer was right and Nintendo is not. This is only superficially similar to drawings that have come out. Internally it's nothing at all like what Eurogamer was talking about. It's closer to a Samsung tablet bundled with a bluetooth controller than it is the NX as rumoured. If anything is like the NX as rumoured it was the NVidia Shield tablet.

Octane

@skywake Well, sure, the inside is different. But in the end, the concept is the same. I think that's the most important part here.

Octane

skywake

@Octane
Yeah, but that's the thing. Why are we assuming that the Eurogamer rumour is the entire concept? Why are we assuming that the detachable controller bit is as described? And why aren't the internal specs as listed on the eurogamer rumour just as important? Honestly, I think SMD is just grasping at straws here.

@BiasedSonyFan
It's impatience because it is. I honestly think people are manufacturing this sort of post hype letdown doom scenario. There's no reason to believe that a delayed reveal will hurt them. As I said, most people won't even know what this is until it's on the shelves anyway. All the "risk" you guys talk about is nothing more than a red-herring to justify your impatience.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm a bit impatient also, I'm refreshing the pages as much as anyone else on this thread is. It's a thing. But that doesn't mean that Nintendo are doomed just because you're here twiddling your thumbs. For a start, why are you saying it'll be a letdown? And if you know that as a "fact", what are you waiting for? You already know what it is to judge it! Please share.

Edited on by skywake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic