Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 69,991

gcunit

Not sure how she can say zero chance of delays if non-drastic changes to the hardware are still possible and that it's only in the very early stages of production.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

skywake

MarcelRguez wrote:

@skywake They have, actually. It was detailed by Laura Dale at Let's Play Videogames. It works on a similar fashion to how a nunchuk fits on the Wiimote. She does mention that the source is less reliable than usual, but it's the only info we have on that front.

Well ok, one supposed leak that has since been called unreliable. And even then it doesn't actually say anything to contradict what I was theorising earlier. It just says that the detachable controllers connect via "a hole" on "each side of the system". Does that mean the two sides of a landscape orientated display? Or does it also mean the top and bottom aka the "portrait/DS mode sides"?

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DjLewe78

@AlternateButtons

The problem with competing with others is that someone has to lose.

If you are not competing you can't lose.

1 up !

FragRed

@DjLewe78 Apart from Nintendo ARE loosing. The Wii U is a disaster in terms of sales and support.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DjLewe78

@FragRed

They know that which is why, Nintendo is preparing, their marketing and launch lineup before releasing it.
It's been said a thousand times before that there is no point competing against PS4 so launch an affordable, innovative new machine, to play a good steady stream of Nintendo and hopefully 3rd party games on.
If people then do buy an NX to sit next to a PS4 at home, I personally think the PS4 will be the machine gathering dust in the future.

Nintendo reclaims their title without competing.

Job done

1 up !

TuVictus

Whether they want to admit it or not, they are competing with the PS4 and Xbox One. They are just in such a distant 3rd place that people like to pretend they're not even in the race.

TuVictus

DjLewe78

@Operative

I'm not sure as Nintendo games are without doubt an enigma on their own. Other developers cannot produce anywhere near the quality and presence of Nintendos first party titles.
The games have a Certain something that you can't get anywhere which kinda makes Nintendo unique.

If they are unique, there's no competition.

Sure if you wanna count sales yeah, PS4 pulls it's pants down and, well you what over the competition. But how many millions of those PS4s are only ever used to play FIFA or COD? If you own a WIIU you more than likely are a gamer who buys a lot more software. Meaning if you can sell enough machines, nor only will you catch Sony up, you will also make a ton of money through games.

1 up !

skywake

FragRed wrote:

@DjLewe78 Apart from Nintendo ARE loosing. The Wii U is a disaster in terms of sales and support.

The point is that it's not a zero-sum game. Just because the Wii U wasn't a hit doesn't mean they lost marketshare to Sony/MS. And in the same way they don't necessarily have to take the wind out of Sony/MS to regain some marketshare with NX.

It's like Twitter vs Facebook. They're obviously competing on some level because they're both social media websites. But they're not really targeting the same people. Because one's a largely unfiltered live feed and the other is a heavily filtered feed of longer form content. When one gains users it's not at the expense of the other because they're useful for entirely different things.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

IceClimbers

@AlternateButtons Keep in mind that Nintendo would be considered 3rd place in a market where there's really only one mainstream brand, and that's the PlayStation. Xbox? They can arguably be considered niche. The Xbox brand primarily appeals to a subset of gamers in the US and the UK who want shooters, racing sims, and sports games. Sales numbers don't lie.

Sony doesn't consider themselves to be competing with the Xbox as far as the PS4 Pro goes - they're more interested in keeping people in their ecosystem and preventing them from going to PC.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo NX to be released Christmas 2016

Retailers in the UK are being asked to put their final orders in for the Wii U.

Are Nintendo due to shock the world with an earlier than expected release for the Nintendo NX?

Nintendo revealed earlier this year that Nintendo NX is currently scheduled for a March 2017 release date, to land alongside The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

However;

Nintendo is now taking final orders on Wii U consoles. Those that haven't ordered by the end of next week (Friday September 30) will not be able to order the Wii U again from Nintendo. Is this Nintendo's last roll of the dice with the Wii U so they can plan to give retailers details about the new hardware next month? Is something exciting due to be announced in October?

To add further to the speculation, rumours have begun circulating that the NX has now entered "trial production" ahead of release. A production that is rumoured to produce 10 Million NX consoles per year or 2.5 Million per quarter at Foxconn Electronics alone.

The NX console was officially announced on March 17, 2015 - over 18 months ago! This has already been the longest period between a console announcement and its reveal.

With games already deep into development; are we going to be surprised by an October announcement that the NX is coming out before Christmas? Could Nintendo already have a launch line-up of games ready to go out? Some games must already be finished - so why not shock the world and launch at peak?

Would you buy the NX if it came out this year?

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/video-gaming-news/2541/nintendo-nx-...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers To be honest all NX articles at this point are clickbait.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

IceClimbers wrote:

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That article feels clickbaity.

You do realise that Gameseek are a major online retailer in the UK? If anybody's going to know and be told about the end of Wii U production, it's them.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

@SLIGEACH_EIRE It's not the end of Wii U production part that's clickbaity but rather the NX side of the article.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Grumblevolcano I was looking at maybe putting this story in the Wii U discussion but there's no real general discussion thread there and it's likely to get more attention here. The story has a couple of parts to it. I highlighted what was the main bit for me.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

@SLIGEACH_EIRE It's fine here but as I was saying, NX articles in general are clickbaity (got to get that ad revenue!). Nintendo sites especially don't really have an option though as otherwise they'll just die out.

Grumblevolcano

Haruki_NLI

I swear to god my game is going to come out on /something/ at this point. Might move to N3DS at this point but that's a smaller install base. Ugh.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

erv

It's not just Nintendo that's doomed, it's every Nintendo site as well.

Nintendo just overachieved on the doomed scale.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haruki_NLI

Apart from my personal developer viewpoint I'm not surprised the UK is being cut off from Wii U units first, seemingly. It's their lowest performing market, or at least really far down there so if they need resources for NX production, trim the fat I say.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

Clickbait articles, massive generalisations and all-round disappointment. I gotta love this thread.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic