Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,661 to 39,680 of 70,107

Octane

What's this deal people are arguing about? Did I miss something?

Octane

HobbitGamer

@Octane People have an opportunity to save up to $20 buying two digital games. People don't like it. Because internet.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

Nintendo: Here's a completely optional way to save 20% off two of our upcoming games if you're an NSO subscriber.

Internet: angry noises

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

toiletduck

@Ralizah If you're a digital buyer and share your NSO Family plan with friends, this actually makes NSO free and then some. But yeah, still mad...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Therad

toiletduck wrote:

@Therad no they couldn't. Part of the business case is that a certain % of people spends the voucher on a cheaper game or forgets to spend it at all. On average, they may not even give more than 5% discount. You may not like that, but that's how business works.

Yes, they could. Every game they sold on the eshop earns them more money than if they would have sold them in a store since they bypass the cost of distributors, stores and transportation. Servers are much cheaper than the whole distribution chain.

It would also entice people to subscribe to the NSO, which is free money for them. So I would argue it would make even better sense to do that.

And who is angry? You assume too much. I just pointed out that Nintendo as usual needs to do something different than others.

Therad

NintendoByNature

Anyone else not see castlevania collection listed on the eshop?

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@toiletduck I mean, even if you bought a normal $20 sub to NSO, you're still getting $5 back via the gold coins in addition to it paying for a full free year. Unless you're a physical only person or aren't interested in Nintendo-published titles, it's a steal.

EvilLucario

Yeah where the hell is it??? Please don't tell me by noon PDT. That'll be in like four hours!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

A lot of games don't appear or unlock until the afternoon of their day of release. It was, like, middle of the day before my Toejam and Earl pre-download finally unlocked.

Ralizah

So, apparently Nintendo doesn't allow you to stockpile more than $200 in credit on your account, and I had some discounted eshop credit I wanted to add to my account, so I ended up buying one of those voucher sets.

I really hope Animal Crossing and Pokemon are compatible now. Or Dragon Quest XI. Although, if I had to, I could cancel my physical preorder of Three Houses and get that alongside Astral Chain.

Edited on by Ralizah

CurryPowderKeg79

Earthlock physical now live at super rare games and only $9 more than digital.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Ryu_Niiyama

Do the vouchers count against your eshop credit stockpile? I will need to dump some credit so I can close out some wiiu and 3ds purchases before I retire the systems until I move next year. But I want to get 4-6 of those vouchers. They will be useful for day one purchases of Nintendo published games (which take forever to drop in price anyway).

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

OorWullie

The UK price for 2 vouchers is £84, BOTW and Smash are £59.99 each so that's a potential £36 saving there, plus £6 of free gold coins. I believe these are the only 2 games to cost that much but I'm sure there will be some who take advantage of that deal.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

CurryPowderKeg79

Those vouchers cost $99.99(U.S) but their not worth it as you can get every New Nintendo game physically at Walmart for $49.99 that's 2 cents cheaper and you get the game physically.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

EvilLucario

@BacklogBlues You get $5 extra in Gold Coins, over the paltry $1 or so from the physical games.

eShop cards can also go on sale at certain retailers and they can go towards vouchers. And digital has its advantages (and disadvantages) over physical.

It's 100% worth it if you buy digital.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CurryPowderKeg79

Your right @EvilLucario if you only buy digital. But i prefer to sell my beaten games to buy new ones unless i really love the game then i'll keep it. But i do like the choice.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic