Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,021 to 39,040 of 50,397

WebHead

You know what I think it's time for? A new multiplat proper Rayman game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Yup. Rose-tinted and all that.

I don’t think I’ll be too interested in the March NES games, but at least I’m still playing Kirby’s Adventure

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

Super excited star topics is coming. Been waiting for it since September.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

With star tropics announced for switch online, I'm really considering the f30 8bitdo or the m30. No way I can play that game without a dpad. LoZ was hard enough. But the way you move In star tropics really requires a dpad. I've never finished it but now's my chance

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Octane
I must admit, I never played Sunshine, as GC was in my late teens/early adulthood years. F-Zero GX and Metroid Prime 1/2 were it for me during that era, by and large.

It’s like DKC Tropical Freeze time Trials. Watching people do time runs in that game is like watching a work of art. It’s, dare I say, beautiful.

Few games exist that can offer such beauty and flawless flow in a timed run. DKC Tropical Freeze and Trials Rising are two such games.

But if we’re just talking about raw difficulty, I think we’ve all got our proud moments 😃 The final boss of Metroid Prime 2, for example. Oh my gosh. I played him over and over and over and over again and just could not beat him. And then finally it came, where somehow, some way, I did it. So excited was I in the moment that I lept up in the air, and when I landed on the floor the vibrations caused the disc to skip... losing my hard fought victory 😱 I had to do it all over again

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Borderlands 2, Burnout Paradise, Bioshock, XCOM 2
PC: Persona 4

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Bravely Default II
PC: Vampire: Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

gcunit

Granted it's on a micro scale, but repeatedly while playing ATOMIK: RunGunJumpGun I will hammer away at a level trying to collect all the orb/atomik things in one run. Then when I finally do it I go for a celebratory burst of gunfire as the geezer runs to the end, but all too often, out of habit from using it plenty, I hit the level restart button instead of the fire button, and have to do it all over again. Many facepalm moments have been had.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

erv

WebHead wrote:

You know what I think it's time for? A new multiplat proper Rayman game.

You have my support. I loved legends and origins, I hope we'll see more someday soon.

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

@JaxonH It's still my favourite Mario game. I play it every year or so, and eventually you just get good at it; even the stupid unfair stuff. I'd highly recommend the game for a casual playthrough though, if you have a GameCube available; but knowing you and your Wii U, I'm sure you have the means to play it

Octane

Ralizah

I love Sunshine. It's a fun and genuinely weird platformer with great level design and a ton of personality. Although the pachinko and lily pad challenges can go drown in a lake somewhere. I've never been so frustrated in my life.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Octane

@Ralizah The thing about the pachinko machine is that it's actually playable, but the game doesn't tell you its rules. When you launch yourself up on the trampoline, you can adjust the force by which you'll be flung to the right side. If you don't touch the control stick, you'll land somewhere in the middle; If you hold the control stick to the left during the jump, it'll hardly exert a force at all and you'll land on the left side; and if you hold the stick all the way to the right, you'll get flung to opposite site of the machine. It takes one or two tries getting used to it, but once you get the hang of it it's surprisingly doable.

The lily pad level requires perfect platforming and FLUDD control. The pipe at the end is just unfair, and I'm still of the opinion that there's a coding mistake and it should've taken you back to the start instead of back to Delfino Plaza. Getting there is already tedious enough, having to do it again just adds to the frustration.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@Octane if your good enough and played it a lot you don’t really need the lily pad as you can stand on both the sides.

The frustrating thing about this level is how you get there and the amount of time it takes to take yoshi to the island

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Octane

@1UP_MARIO I know. But it's a lot slower that way; and the physics are a bit wonky on the sides.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

@Octane I found that way so much easier. The lily pad level and the final bowser level on your way to him with the boat. The fludd controls all wrong and wierd. You do get use to it but it’s still wrong and I don’t know how Nintendo screwed it up. It’s still a great game and the music is different. I love the music for pinna park and Noki noki bay

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Daloblast

I only played a little of sunshine, it was okay but I liked some other mario games more

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

ThanosReXXX

@JackEatsSparrows I'm really curious about how many of those complainers are going to eat their words and buy the two N64 Turok remasters after all...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

WebHead

Who here plays switch on a 4k tv ? Asking because I heard docked swotch games that are low res like doom tend to look bad on such sets.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Oi, that'd be an interesting metric to know, yeah? It won't be one of them; everything has a season, and this isn't it anymore. But everyone wanted N64 games! And they wanted to buy them! And they wanted remasters!

@WebHead I play my Switch on a 65" 4K. Doesn't look much different than my friend's 42" 1080

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@WebHead That really depends on the type of screen and the upscaling/noise reduction capabilities of that screen. FYI: not playing on a 4K screen myself, but a friend of mine is, and I haven't seen anything horrifyingly ugly so far. Well, in comparison to the other consoles the difference is obvious, but in and of itself, it's not really a fact that the games look worse on a 4K screen by default.

@JackEatsSparrows It certainly would, but there's probably no way to find out, unless we see some "well, it doesn't look so bad after all, in real life" comments popping up on here...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic