Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 69,991

SLIGEACH_EIRE

IceClimbers wrote:

So what colors should the NX be available in at launch? What colors do you want the NX to be available in?

I can see it in either black, white or silver. What I'd like as an outside choice but won't happen is Emerald Green.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Samurai_Goroh

@IceClimbers At least the basic black and white options.
But I need to see what it looks like for other colours. Always wanted a red Wii, never got one, though. Red is my favourite colour but not everything will look great on red.
Prior to the Wii launch, they got me hyped with these:Untitled
Show me the thingamajig 's design first!

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

faint

I just hope it doesn't have a glossy finish. My game pad is literally one giant finger print after I use it.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

RR529

@Samurai_Goroh, I thought they released a red Wii bundled with Super Mario All-Stars?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Samurai_Goroh

@RR529 I believe so, but I had a launch day white console. I wasn't buying a second one just for that, I'm not that sort of collector.

Samurai_Goroh

IceClimbers

Yeah I expect it to be available in black and maybe one or two other colors (red, white, blue, or silver) at launch.

Would love to see the see-through Atomic Purple like @DefHalan mentioned though!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Samurai_Goroh

@IceClimbers PersonaIy I would too, but Nintendo would be going against the grain, that aesthetic is now deemed outdated for the past decade or more.

Samurai_Goroh

T-Dot1992

WHEN THE NIBELSNARF ARE THEY REVEALING IT ALREADY

calm down kid...-Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

T-Dot1992

RR529

They're coming out with see through Red, Blue, & Yellow 2DS' in Japan, so maybe it's a possibility.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

gcunit

I'd have to day 1 if it came out in see through yellow.

I also like white over black. Not a day goes by I don't regret getting a black N3DS instead of the white one.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

All my Nintendo handhelds since the GBA SP have been blue except the Smash 3DS XL.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Smack bang mid September has played a big role in Nintendo's past. 2005, Iwata showed the Wii remote for the first time. In 2012, we got the release date of Wii U. Both were at TGS I think. Maybe these rumours are BS. And yes Nintendo aren't supposed to be attending TGS this year, perhaps it's a last minute surprise or they'll reveal it in a Direct just prior with some added bonus at the show. While Nintendo aren't attending, most of their major Japanese third party partners are and it would be a missed opportunity if they have to keep quiet about their NX games through Japan's equivalent of E3. For Nintendo in their home country to completely snub it in terms of NX news, I just can't see it happening, it's a massive marketing opportunity.

So in summary, I think we'll get a Direct just prior to TGS with a surprise appearance from Kimishima showing it off on stage during the event. That would make too much sense though so it may not happen.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

MarcelRguez

@SLIGEACH_EIRE If that's the case (and assuming they'll adhere to their regular practices for Directs), it'd mean we'll get a reveal Direct on Thursday 15th, first day of TGS. Two days of prior notice are enough, so that puts us on Tuesday 13th. If they are as quiet around that time frame, I wouldn't expect anything from TGS.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

MarcelRguez wrote:

@SLIGEACH_EIRE If that's the case (and assuming they'll adhere to their regular practices for Directs), it'd mean we'll get a reveal Direct on Thursday 15th, first day of TGS. Two days of prior notice are enough, so that puts us on Tuesday 13th. If they are as quiet around that time frame, I wouldn't expect anything from TGS.

Exactly. I was just going to write that in my follow-up, you saved me the trouble, thanks. If we don't hear anything by Tuesday then nothing's likely to happen at TGS.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

GrailUK

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I don't know. If you have a new concept, I think it would be rather irresponsible to reveal it one day and then let every man and his dog announce and demo their games the immediate weekend. I think it needs to be more considered than that. You could be inviting someone's first impression of NX being exposed to RCMADIAX's next 'game'.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@MarcelRguez That is fine for something conventional that everyone 'gets' (Sony/MS). We don't know what the NX has up it's sleeve. If you have third parties showing of games that don't take advantage of NX features, then the NX may get the wrong perception of simply being the most underpowered console at the time (as an example). Nintendo need to control the message by not rush revealing so third parties can hock their wares willy nilly.

Edited on by GrailUK

MarcelRguez

@SLIGEACH_EIRE You know what they say, great minds think alike.

@GrailUK This is TGS though, not PAX. The heavy hitters are going to be there, so it would make sense to unveil it before the event, so publishers can go on-record about if this or that game will be on NX or not. Grantedly, that hasn't stopped some devs to announce games already, but now they'll have the chance to actually show those versions.

Besides, people are going to be browsing a lot of news sites to keep up with any announcement. It's a good moment to talk about new hardware.

Although I guess E3 would qualify as such an event too, yet here we are.

EDIT: About your reply to me, I agree with that, but TGS is a hands-on kind of experience, right? People are not going to be confused if they can see the machine on their hands. Besides, we're assuming it's a hybrid. No matter how probable that might be, don't forget that it's not final.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I think they had planned to show it at E3 but then they also planned to release it in 2016(supposedly underwent a hardware upgrade which caused the delay). When it got delayed to March 2017, I'd say that threw a spanner in the works and the E3 reveal had to be postponed as well. Now if you were to transpose its original reveal date and release date with its new release date, then mid October would be the new reveal date. But I don't think that's necessary nor advisable.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane

faint wrote:

I just hope it doesn't have a glossy finish. My game pad is literally one giant finger print after I use it.

This please. As ugly as the PS4 Slim and Pro's designs are, at least they got rid of that stupid glossy finish. Dust, fingerprints, everything on it is visible. Just a matte finish please.

Octane

GrailUK

Octane wrote:

faint wrote:

This please. As ugly as the PS4 Slim and Pro's designs are, at least they got rid of that stupid glossy finish. Dust, fingerprints, everything on it is visible. Just a matte finish please.

+1 from me too.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic