Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 70,082

skywake

DefHalan wrote:

My Micro Console idea doesn't have to fit everyone but I think it would sell a good amount, offering a cheap alternative to people that want to enter the Nintendo market or wanting a second Nintendo console to play in another room.

Untitled

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

DefHalan

@skywake: That kinda of simplicity but taking advantage of digital download and some of those support features I was talking about lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Therad

DefHalan wrote:

@skywake: That kinda of simplicity but taking advantage of digital download and some of those support features I was talking about lol

If NX is a companion device for the next-gen, why can't they just add the link functionality to the Wii U, remove the disc-drive and use cheaper components for the gamepad to create a Wii U mini? And why would they use it as proof that they are not leaving hardware?

Personally, I would lose faith in Nintendo if Nx turns out to be a MC. To me it would seem that they are neither learning from their mistakes nor others (Sony).

I would also be very cautious if it turns out to be an hybrid. Nintendo would really have to balance price/power correctly to make it seem worth my money. If it looks crap on the TV it will practically be a portable and I have no interest in paying premium for a portable.

Therad

skywake

Therad wrote:

If NX is a companion device for the next-gen, why can't they just add the link functionality to the Wii U, remove the disc-drive and use cheaper components for the gamepad to create a Wii U mini? And why would they use it as proof that they are not leaving hardware?

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

WebHead

Yeah like a digitally only Wii U mini with no disk drive and a smaller gamepad would probably be a better idea. Would need at least 64gb though.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

Because the Wii U isn't working for them. The architecture, the marketing, the GamePad, it just isn't working for them. It would need its own architecture to line up more with the next gen hardware, a standard controller that is cheap to make, new software (the Wii U probably wouldn't be VC on it yet, probably just have the next home console be backwards compatible some way or be able to do the Wii U VC) Trying to re-sell the Wii U in a smaller package with a cheap price along side their next home console wouldn't allow for those companion type features.

WebHead

@DefHalan: I mean I like your idea, but I think it'd be best to just go all in on proper next gen system. and tbh if they went with the microconsole. thye'd probably just package a wii u pro controller with it.

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead: My Micro Console idea is alongside a normal next gen system. It adds a 3rd device they can sell without increasing the amount of software they have to develop. You still get your full next gen console while having a micro console that has companion features. Software development is an issue with the Wii U (compared to PS4/XB1 and what their probable goal for next gen is) which is why they probably wouldn't just repackage the Wii U as a micro console.

WebHead

@DefHalan: What your idea is basically is the PS TV. its a media player that can play Nintendo VC. and presumably you'd be able to stream next gen nintendo console games to it.

WebHead

Frostyboy

Therad wrote:

So like the Patent we saw a few months back! I like the mini Wii u idea and then the NX is a new Handheld.

Swopped my Saga master system for my friend NES and iv never look back.

Miitomo - http://twitter.com/@Frostyboy

Twitter:

DefHalan

@WebHead: in a way, but the PSTV is also only compatible with select Vita games. This would be compatible with most eShop games from both handheld and home next gen consoles, it would also offer some download play multiplayer features. I tried looking into the PSTV and the marketing behind it is confusing. I think there is a lot more than Sony could do with the PSTV but they won't/can't, i think Nintendo could do more and have it be more popular. By using it as a cheap way into the Nintendo market they can target the audience that wants a cheap Nintendo console while encouraging them to upgrade to the main line of hardware. The companion features make it where you wouldn't replace your micro console with a main line console but it would onstead enhance the main line console.

WebHead

@DefHalan: hmm maybe a separate tablet that does the same thing, just portable.

WebHead

Frostyboy

WebHead wrote:

@DefHalan: What your idea is basically is the PS TV. its a media player that can play Nintendo VC. and presumably you'd be able to stream next gen nintendo console games to it.

If nintendo put VC on the Apple TV and android tv and fire tv they make good money!

Twitter:

Frostyboy

@DefHalan: fair play to you your sticking to your guns with this one. But you can buy a Wii U now with Mario kart and Splatoon for £230. There just no need for Nintendo to go for the cheaper console

Twitter:

WebHead

@Frostyboy: yeah but not gonna happen.

WebHead

DefHalan

@Frostyboy: you don't think a $100 system that can play VC, a lot of eShop games, allow streaming, and extra multiplayer options would be worth it for some people?

Frostyboy

WebHead wrote:

@Frostyboy: yeah but not gonna happen.

I can dream.

I really love my 3ds and think it's amazing console. I want to see where Nintendo can take the next Handheld

Twitter:

WebHead

@DefHalan: Just curious, would you be able to give rough specs of your idea?

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead: I don't really know the hardware prices to be able to give an estimate, sorry

Frostyboy

DefHalan wrote:

@Frostyboy: you don't think a $100 system that can play VC, a lot of eShop games, allow streaming, and extra multiplayer options would be worth it for some people?

Ok in dollars Wii U with Super Smash Brosand Splatoon for $250. So let's say Both games now cost $50 each that mean the Wii u now cost only for $150

So I can't see a $100 console selling that well by end of 2016

Edited on by Frostyboy

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic