Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 69,981

WebHead

So what most people speculated?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peek-a-boo

So the NX is a hybrid after all!

I am a little bit disappointed about Nintendo choosing to use a mobile chip, but I imagine that that's the only route for them to take if it is indeed going to be a on-the-move handheld device.

It won't be in the same ballpark (as the PlayStation 4) because it's powered by Tegra, which means that some third party developers are going to feel somewhat indifferent about this when everything else is x86.

Just need to see what this thing looks like now. Quite excited.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

WebHead

I imagine the screen will be multitouch. I could see nx coming with miitomo preinstalled.

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead As well as working with AC mobile game, FE mobile game and whatever the other Nintendo mobile games are. Pokemon GO also working with it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Now I'm even more confused about which version of Breath of the Wild to get....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

WebHead

I wonder if there'll be multiple skus.

WebHead

WebHead

Twitter peeps be salty. Sorry nx didn't meet your unrealistic fantasies.

WebHead

-Green-

That's if this rumor is true, to begin with. It's not the first time we've seen a convincing leak/rumor of the NX.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

WebHead

@-Red- and it matches what wall Street said. Mobile unit that works with a box and independently on the go.

WebHead

-Green-

@WebHead So. I'm not saying to discount it. Just to approach it with some skepticism, until it's officially confirmed.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

WebHead

@-Red- fair enough but I trust Eurogamer who have leaked neo and Scorpio. I know iwatas statements in January 2014 but but that was long ago. Could've changed his mind.

WebHead

Octane

So ARM-based in the end. Eh, whatever. I'll need to see more. That means I'll probably stick with PlayStation for third party games. I still hope it'll be more than just a Nintendo box though.

Octane

rallydefault

With the absence of Android taking up processing power, and the possibility of seeing the Tegra x2 in the system, the power really could come close to what the original Xbox One could do. And with some creativity on developers' parts, I'm pretty confident the visuals will be loads better than what we're seeing the current Tegra chip doing. Console developers in general have always been excellent at squeezing every last bit of juice out of their boxes.

I also don't really find the Shield comparison to be a good bar to look at. Pretty much everything running on shield was "emulated," in a way - just kind of made to work on it for the sake of working on it. Not designed from the ground up to utilize every little trick and capacity of the system.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

WebHead

Nice interpretation. I suspect there'll be 2 bundles. Basic set with just the tablet and deluxe set with the box and left and right control pads.

WebHead

veeflames

Eh. Even if this latest rumor is in line with what I believe the NX to be, I'm just going to wait for Nintendo to announce the thing (whenever that may be...).

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

WebHead

@skywake plus could be on tegra x2 that nvidia is making which sounds like a pascal version of x1.

WebHead

LzWinky

They could use a dang potato chip for all I care. I just want good games.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

@WebHead
Or it could go the other way. They might end up using a slightly lower powered or underclocked version of it. Because of battery/cost/heat concerns. All this rumour really says to us is that it's a portable that's more capable than the Wii U. Which in itself is pretty interesting.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic