Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 70,113

WebHead

@TICGS I say September because:

-historic nintendo month
-TGS
-EGX
-Not too early but not too late
-obviosly won't be revealed in July, probably not August. November is pokemon month and December is too late.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

WebHead

Imo the final name should be Nintendo home. Simple, to the point. And the new phrase "there's no play like it?" How about "there's no play like home?"

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead Nintendo Home does not sound like a gaming console. It sounds like a Streaming device or one of those house OS things.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GracefulGazelle

@WebHead That catchphrase is quite the play on words. But I doubt Nintendo names it the Nintendo home. I think they will stick with NX or call it the Nintendo Next. And have a catchphrase like "The NEXT way to play".

GracefulGazelle

Nintendo Network ID: Marioman21 | Twitter:

FragRed

@TICGS I agree that NX could well be the name Nintendo sticks with. Kinda makes sense as everyone who reads gaming sites or follows Nintendo on Twitter knows NX. So much easier than trying to get everyone used to a new name.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

@FragRed I'm pretty sure the same thing gets said every console generation about keeping the codename because everyone's used to it, but I don't think it ever happens, does it?

What I do know is that Nintendo Next sounds pants and I can't believe the number of people I've seen over the last 18 months who've said it sounds good. If they call it the Next then I'm not getting one.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WebHead

@gcunit .....that's a pretty dumb reason not to get it no offense.

WebHead

WebHead

Miyamoto said nx wasn't at e3 because they didn't want others copying their ideas by showing too early like Wii u.

So whatever the nx new idea is, it's something ms and sony can implement within months.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead And I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I said it before, the difference is that Nintendo builds a console around a gimmick and Sony and Microsoft implement it on their current systems. When it flops, Sony and Microsoft forget about it, but Nintendo is left with a console that they can't sell.

Octane

gcunit

@WebHead It was my way of showing how confident I am that it won't be called Next. It was either that or say I'd buy one for the first person to take me up on the bet. This way I'll at least save some money if I'm wrong

WebHead

@Octane well I mean they gotta show it someday, can't hide forever. But admittingly it's best to do so when ready I'm still expecting a September reveal

WebHead

gcunit

To an extent, it's about getting there first with new tech. Kinect and Move never had the impact Wii Remotes did because Wii got the head start.

I've only seen confidence in the way the NX has been discussed recently and so I'm hopeful.

WebHead

@gcunit I'm confident it'll be neat to. Just...don't mind control or hard holograms lol.

But eh I've come to terms with it. I'm hungry for nx info like everyone else but lately I've come to understand that this is the right decision.

WebHead

WebHead

@Octane I'd say there's 2 things we can probably say about NX's new idea:

-seeing as Zelda will be the same experience across nx and wii u the nx controller likely has all the inputs of the pro controller, so it doesn't clash with "normal" games too much.

-goven how paranoid they are about imitation it must be based on existing, readily available hardware or software that can easily be copied and implemented in under a year.

WebHead

Octane

@gcunit To be fair, it still took Microsoft and Sony four years to release the Kinect and PS Move after the release of the Wii. Even if they revealed it today, there wouldn't be enough time for MS or Sony to build a similar product and release it before March 2017. Else it would be a really simple and trivial idea. My best guess? It's just PR talk to delay the announcement. They feel another time is better to talk about the NX, but this works as a neat reason to give the entire story some ''legitimacy''.

And one must also wonder how much of those ideas were actually ''copied'' from Nintendo. It's not as if there weren't motion controls before the Wii. http://videogame.brando.com/prod_img/zoom/ps2eyetoy2_B.jpg

Octane

WebHead

@Octane at the same time nor only did they copy wii u gamepad functions with remote play and smart glass they beat Nintendo to it.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead Well, the Wii lacked a second control stick and the moved the attack command over to the waggle motion for Twilight Princess. I think it's safer to say that whatever the NX is, it is able to play Breath of the Wild.

I already answered that second part in the post above. I think it's mostly PR talk. If it's that easy to implement in under a year, then I honestly doubt it'll be a game changer anyway.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane they did say it hasn't entered manufacturing for retail yet. The main reason probably is that the hardware isn't 100% finalised and games aren't at they polish level they're comfortable with to show yet.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead I wouldn't say copy when remote play was a thing on the PS3 with the PSP. You could argue that it was Nintendo who copied Sony with the Wii U. In the end, it doesn't really matter though.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane at least they reiterated twice this week that nx is still on track for March so unless something disastrous happens it shouldn't get delayed. And odds are the financial results meeting for july-seotember should be held around the end of October like usual so the nx should likely be revealed before then.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic