Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,981 to 15,000 of 70,145

skywake

Meanwhile in Australia:

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Sneaky_Beagle

Anyone else live in a city where the Switch is actually... pretty common? I've seen them quite a few times at stores here in Louisville without actively searching.

That's one of the bright sides of living in a city where barely anyone is a Nintendo fan, I guess. I mostly meet Xbox and PC gamers around here. That Japanese fellow could make a killing picking up these spare Switches here.

Sneaky_Beagle

OorWullie

@skywake I think the only reason the Wii U got Wii games was because it could run Wii natively. If it couldn't,then I doubt they would have been on there.The Switch would have to emulate Wii though,I'm not sure how easy that would be?Maybe it's more profitable for Nintendo to remake a few Wii games and sell them at full price this gen than to sell them for $15 to $20 as VC.Plus it gives them the opportunity to bring some of their SD classics into HD so they look good enough to sell again as VC in future gens. I think the addition of Gamecube VC will be enough to keep Nintendo fans happy for this gen.Then next gen the introduction of Wii VC will seem like a big thing.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

TuVictus

I don't think it'd be too much of an issue getting Wii games to run, but whether its worth the effort of emulating a wii remote through the joy-con is the real question for them.

But I think someone said that earlier

TuVictus

KirbyTheVampire

Sneaky_Beagle wrote:

Anyone else live in a city where the Switch is actually... pretty common? I've seen them quite a few times at stores here in Louisville without actively searching.

That's one of the bright sides of living in a city where barely anyone is a Nintendo fan, I guess. I mostly meet Xbox and PC gamers around here. That Japanese fellow could make a killing picking up these spare Switches here.

That's how it seems to be here in Ontario as well. I've been to a few different stores, one of them around 4-5 hours away from where I live, and there were Switches in all of them. Maybe they sold out of them, but when I checked, there were plenty.

KirbyTheVampire

Ryu_Niiyama

@Sneaky_Beagle Haha nope. I got mine via Amazon. I've yet to see one in the wild.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

@Sneaky_Beagle
I haven't seen any around me, but I have one, so I haven't really been going out of my way to check. But yea, different areas with totally different levels of stock can be frustrating. Like, you have tons of Switches around you, and some poor Shmuck in Nowheresville can't find one to save his life. Very frustrating. I don't think most people use the internet to the fullest advantage, though (like...hey, a store 60 miles from me does have one... if it means that much to you, make the drive).

I remember at launch how nobody could find a Pro Controller if they didn't preorder, but my local Walmart had SIX just sitting on the shelf lol

rallydefault

mav-i-am

Sneaky_Beagle wrote:

I live in a small town and I have seen many in the wild.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

NEStalgia

Does anyone know what the status of Shatae physical is? I know it was formally announced by XSeed, but I haven't seen or heard anything now that digital is out. And I know physical for WiiU was Japan only, but I'm not even seeing listings there! It was supposed to be a Summer release, so I would think we'd have heard something by now.

I'm holding off on buying until the physical version comes out.

NEStalgia

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I see numerous sites are reporting that Switch in fact has only just now passed the 1 million mark in Japan

Nintendo Switch Sales Pass One Million Units in Japan Much Faster than PS4

http://www.dualshockers.com/nintendo-switch-sales-1-million-j...

They're going by Media Create sales which are much more reliable. I know it was reported herre on Saturday that it had done so in 16 weeks, but it's much more probable that it's 17 weeks. Not a big deal but still worth noting.

Switch sales are back down in their usual 20's again this week, 22,361.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

RIP VC, it seems Nintendo now considers the Classic Mini series a form of VC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

The investors Q&A translated.

Q9: Where is the GBA Virtual Console?
A9: Yamoto: Looking at ways to develop VC. Classic Mini is one form of VC. We can also sell physical. Looking to make it as big as we can.

To me that sounds like the focus for VC is Classic Mini.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

Classic Mini is one form of VC. We can also sell physical. Looking to make it as big as we can.

Sounds to me like they're also considering selling their old titles physically,I'd assume in bundles.Maybe something like the Namco Museum or Rare Replay.If they done that then they'd obviously still be available on the Eshop as well.This could be a great way to approach it actually.Say 12 SNES games for $40.Or a 2D Mario Collection with all NES/SNES and GB games included,that would be a huge success.Or how about a Nintendo Classic Racing Collection from NES up to 64.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

KirbyTheVampire

I would be super into playing old titles on the Switch in one form or another, since I don't own many games from the SNES/N64/Gameboy eras, and none from the NES era. I hope the Classic Edition consoles and the online service don't replace the actual VC.

I would actually be more into buying them on cartridges though, if that turns out to be a thing. I'll always prefer having a physical collection of games over a digital one.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Noonch

I've seen more than 10 Switch systems in stores in the last few days. I also nabbed a Guardian amiibo restock. I am a little concerned that the Switches didn't sell out. I wonder if the enthusiasm is settling down.

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

KirbyTheVampire

Noonch wrote:

I've seen more than 10 Switch systems in stores in the last few days. I also nabbed a Guardian amiibo restock. I am a little concerned that the Switches didn't sell out. I wonder if the enthusiasm is settling down.

Hardly. Nintendo is struggling big time to meet demand, at least overall. There are areas that aren't selling them that quickly, but tons of people still can't get a Switch because they keep selling out.

KirbyTheVampire

Dpullam

@Noonch Yeah, supply and demand would argue against that possibility. You might just live in one of the areas where perhaps the Nintendo Switch isn't quite as hot of a product as elsewhere. Worldwide demand for the system still seems to be pretty high.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Dpullam

@Grumblevolcano I sincerely hope that isn't true. My girlfriend and I have been dying for some major Virtual Console releases on Nintendo Switch. Older Mario games are one of the few we would play together.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Haruki_NLI

I wouldnt mind VC being put into carts or Minis.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic