Forums

Topic: What are your most Anticipated Switch Games for 2018?

Posts 1 to 20 of 79

iLikeUrAttitude

Not even a year into the Switch's library and it already has some amazing first and third party games in it's library.
But there are even more promising games in 2018, what are your most anticipated ones?
For me it would definitely have to be:
Project Octopath Traveler (Square Enix)
Shin Megami Tensei V (Atlus)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Sega)
Fire Emblem (Nintendo, Atlus, Intelligent Software and others)
I was interested into Octopath Traveler ever since it was first revealed in the Nintendo Switch presentation; the art-style and spritework were beautiful and the combat looked amazing, then again I absolutely love RPGs.
I never tried Shin Megami Tensei but from what I seen the series looks good and it's made by Atlus, who gave us Persona 5. Fire Emblem I have not tried either but it could an interesting experience. Valkyria Chronicles 4 looks good as well.
Yoshi and Kirby are probably going to be good games but they're not for me.
But what about you all?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Lukandon

Project Octopath Traveler is my most hyped game of next year, everything else is extra. =P

Lukandon

Nintendo Network ID: Luigi_Fanatic | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Nothing I‘m too excited just yet. Mostly my hype focuses on my new gloriously white PS4 Pro and titles about to release for it like Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus and the sadly delayed Ni No Kuni II. I‘m sure that once Nintendo streams a Direct and announces set release dates, I‘ll get excited but January‘s just too dominated by PS4.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

iLikeUrAttitude

@GoldenGamer88 Yeah no doubt PS4 has a ton of games ready for 2018. I wonder if they were getting lazy this year because they saved their big guns for 2018.
inb4 they're delayed again

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Ralizah

@GoldenGamer88 Other than the Switch launch, Q1 2017 was defined by fantastic Playstation games as well. It seems like they're frontloading most of their best games every year.

The rest of the year belonged to Nintendo, though. I expect 2018 to be similar.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

SKTTR

For Q1 2018 Dragon Quest Builders, Payday 2, Wolfenstein II, Yooka-Laylee (retail), and The Escapists 2 (retail) are locked Day 1 purchases.

Project Octopath Traveler, Rocket League, The Longest 5 Minutes, Penny-Punching Princess, Bayonetta 2, The Count Lucanor, and Worms W.M.D are also high up on the list.

Lost Sphear (the demo) just didn't do it for me, unlike the Disgaea 5 demo and Project Octopath Traveler demo. Those were fun and convincing.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ryu_Niiyama

FE, Octopath and SMT V. I'm already done for the year lolol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

So far my list would be: Bayonetta 1+2, Kirby Star Allies, Fire Emblem, Yoshi and the various DLC/updates for lots of existing games (e.g. ARMS, Splatoon 2, FE Warriors, Mario + Rabbids, XC2).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kuhang

I'm not sure if it's 2018 title but Bayonetta 3 is my most anticipated game on Switch from here on until it's release. Basically Bayonetta is my favorite new ip in recent times. It's a masterpiece.

Kuhang

Nintendo Network ID: Kuhang

GrailUK

Bayonetta 3. Easiest question ever O.<

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

iLikeUrAttitude

@GrailUK I don't think Bayonetta 3 is coming in 2018, it looks to be early in development

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iKhan

Whatever Retro is working on.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ilikeike

Absolutely Project Octopath Traveler, that game looks friggin' gorgeous. Not to mention the combat that strikes the perfect balance between simplicity and depth. Aaaah the hype is just too much!
Then after that I'd have to say Dragon Quest XI, assuming the Switch version gets localized. I'd love to play a massive, open world triple AAA RPG with turn based combat simply because theres not a lot of them at the moment and I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

GrailUK

@iLikeUrAttitude I am an optimist

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GoldenGamer88

@Ralizah Thinking back to it, I can only name Horizon, Persona 5 and Nier Automata. But then again, I've either been super hyped for Switch and saved my money for Switchmas or busy with Zelda for the first few months of 2017 so only P5 has been finished.

Oh yeah, Bayonetta 1+2, how could I ever forget about those two!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Ralizah

@GoldenGamer88 Horizon. Gravity Rush 2. Persona 5. Nier: Automata. Resident Evil 7. Yakuza 0.

That was a LOT of good games in three months.

The rest of the year was pretty muted in comparison.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.