Forums

Topic: Thoughts on if Yokai Watch 4 will ever get localized.

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I almost got done with the og manga. I also heard that even though the story shifts to fit more with duel monsters, it still retains the tone, as it’s one continuous story.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Ye I mean I just finished it the other week, been moving slow on them.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Adhik762 WOW dude learn what were talking about first, were not talking about no Yo kai watch manga, You had nothing to do with what were are talking about so your just butting in at this point. What was with the first comment? Were you trying to post a gift or a meme? Bc I just see my name.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@VoidofLight This dude actually thinks were talking about yo-kai watch manga, LOL, or maybe he just mocking us, ether way its unneeded, nobody was bothering him.

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Yeah, at this point I sort of just blocked the guy out. No sense in arguing with one who won't listen to the arguments. It's kind of ironic if this person's being serious, since we were talking about something else entirely, and even stated as such.

Mattwo

@Adhik762 No I am not, I am objecting to the spread of false information.

Also you must REALLY love jelly donuts and inane, poorly localized jokes like "Cowterpie" if you think the censorship of Pokemon was better. I mean it is better NOW because The Pokemon Company took over.

I don't believe for a second you actually care about "whitewashing" (wat) or "culture censoring" by the way.

That said, I will give you that 4kids isn't quite as bad as people remember though, especially when it came to TMNT and Chaotic and the Pirate Rap may have been white AF but it wasn't THAT bad (and a good chunk of 4kids' censorship for One Piece came from Viz's localization of the manga like when Saban was censoring DBZ and the trademark-based name changes in Jojo's were also Viz's fault (although some of the censorship in the Jojo's anime was Warner Japan's fault, CR doesn't actually localize anything but their originals themselves, if even those, the publisher listed on the page is usually to blame).

Also for some reason 4kids Productions/4K Media/Konami Cross Media NY got better at localizing Yugioh over time too, like instead of calling Yuma's rice balls "donuts" they called them "duel fuel" to avoid specifying what food it was (granted, this was after Konami bought the subsidiary, which for some reason only originally existed to dub Pokemon and later Yugioh exclusively).

Edited on by Mattwo

Mattwo

Mattwo

@VoidofLight I mean Power Rangers managed to survive on Spongelodeon in spite of the network's sponge worship and mandated mid season hiatuses... The contract is up though so like Dreamworks' Dragons which was on the Teen Titans Go Network (Sonic Boom did not fare as well, neither did Mega Man Fully Idiotic, not sure how Bakugan Idiot Planet is surviving), it's moving to Netflix where it should have been already.

Also if you liked the Yugioh manga, try watching the Toei anime, it's a lot closer than the one that started with Duel Monsters as an adaptation of the Duelist part of the original manga.

Edited on by Mattwo

Mattwo

VoidofLight

@Mattwo Season 0 is awesome. I've seen some of the episodes chopped up, and it's pretty faithful. There's instances where the stories divert, but it's still pretty good.

Mattwo

@VoidofLight "Season 0" is actually a misnomer as it implies it has anything to do with Duel Monsters even though Duel Monsters is completely separate. No one wants to call it the "first series" because everyone calls Duel Monsters that even though that's also wrong. That's why I said "the Toei anime"

Edited on by Mattwo

Mattwo

Snatcher

@VoidofLight @Mattwo There is a pretty cool fan dub of it.

Anti-Matter

Well, even i don't play Yokai Watch 3 English version due to my insist must have physical cartridge or no buy, but i have finished Yokai Watch 3 Tempura Japan version so i think i can deal with Yokai Watch 3 Sushi & Sukiyaki to complete the trio of Yokai Watch 3.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic