Forums

Topic: The Multiplayer Match Organisation Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 978

TheXReturns

@Nicolai Same to you, for the brief time I was on. XD

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

shani

@Nicolai @Spanjard @TheXReturns Thanks for playing, that worked really well! Think I should stop playing now anyway, but I'm looking forward to next time!

erv wrote:

Will run a full league run with you guys soon:)

Yeah definitely, let's do that!

Blue_Blur wrote:

@TheXReturns Very true! Hopefully one will have burst bombs

Well I think I got the answer to that, at least for the foreseeable future. Dunno if you wanna know, so I'll put it into a spoiler.

Well actually, there is not a single roller with Burst Bombs, not even in the upcoming weapons (second page of that sheet)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d51IAvxF9Nj4QTCZGlcj...

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

JoyBoy

shani wrote:

@Nicolai @Spanjard @TheXReturns Thanks for playing, that worked really well! Think I should stop playing now anyway, but I'm looking forward to next time!

I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for playing and see you next time!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Blue_Blur

shani wrote:

Blue_Blur wrote:

Hopefully one will have burst bombs

Well I think I got the answer to that, at least for the foreseeable future. Dunno if you wanna know, so I'll put it into a spoiler.

Well actually, there is not a single roller with Burst Bombs, not even in the upcoming weapons (second page of that sheet)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12d51IAvxF9Nj4QTCZGlcj...

I'll mark this as a spoiler too just in case: No sloshers with burst bombs, either. Well... suction bombs it is then. Hopefully I'll get used to them pretty quick. I'll still try the Deco when it comes out, of course, but I predict that suction bombs will work better with my playstyle than the sprinker. I wouldn't mind the Baller as the special, though! At least I don't have to worry about ever having the Stingray as a special!

Thanks for posting that, very helpful!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

yokokazuo

There is always hope for a set of "Sheldon's Picks" weapons too.
Those leaked weapons are all on the game already I assume?
I think new content should also be in the works as well.

Also checked my weapon's sub for an unreleased one and I'm happy
Well, I'm also enjoying the vanilla 4K's set as well with using ink mines to detect flankers.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

erv

Ok if anyone is up, I'm game for some league battle.

Let me know if you're up, I'll be playing some new weapons on ranked for a match or two.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

erv

Ok me and @spanjard are ready in a minute or so, join if you can

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

OuterTsuchinoko

Anyone looking to play now?

FC: SW-4119-9070-0340
Name: REYES

viewtiful-one

Anyone wanting to join mayo splat fest _ in Europe . Got 2 , we need 2 more for team play for an hour or so .

Join johnyJosh , no password

viewtiful-one

viewtiful-one

Join Pij for mayo splatfest just now ? Got 2 need 2

viewtiful-one

TheXReturns

@Shani Yeah, I was trying and dying at nearly midnight. I should really go get some sleep.

I love that the standard maps rotate. That does keep things "fresh"

I'm on team Ketchup, because Mayo is bland, imo. Plus, ya can't beat Heinz Ketchup with chips.

How's the league idea coming along? Any more progress?

Edited on by TheXReturns

shani

@TheXReturns Yeah that's definitely better than the same three maps for 24 hours.

I'm on team cheese sauce. Not a big fan of fries in general but since moving to Berlin I love (chili-) cheese fries. But if I had to choose I'd take Mayo

Not really since the League mode works differntly from what I expected, but we could always create our own ongoing NL league (with predetermined teams) via Private Battles. Just need somebody to write down the results after each match.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

TheXReturns

@Shani Hmm. I wonder if there's anything online that could have results recorded on it. If not, a well designed excel spreadsheet might do.

One thought I had is that it's difficult sometimes to get the same 4 people consistantly to squad up, but if you were to create the league in pairs, so two people from a similar region and time zone would pair up with another pair that was available on 'league nights', but that would equally create problems with scoring and balancing.

Just thought it was an idea worth thinking about.

OorWullie

@TheXReturns @shani This website looks quite good for creating leagues.

http://www.konkuri.com/create

They want you to pay for the full features but there is a free but limited option that allows up to 8 players and 4 teams.I just had a quick look,there's probably a better website out there.Maybe we could have 2 separate leagues of 4x 2 player teams with the top 2 teams in each league making up a final league and playing for the title,and the bottom 2 in each can join a best loser league Promotion and relegation would make it exciting but I'm not sure how we could make that work?

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

JoyBoy

@shani @TheXReturns I'd be up for that. Let me know if something comes out of it.

Do we have 4 eu/ketchup ppl here so we can do some teamwork? Random matches on splatfest turf is kinda boring!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Namco

Hey is there a team ketchup player online? We need one more member.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> ▲ Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

shani

@TheXReturns My initial thought was creating teams and determining the matches (probably two rounds, so that each team faces the others twice - or even four rounds if we want it to go on longer) in advance but then letting the teams schedule their matches against each other.

E.g. team A and team B coordinate when they have time and when they finally have played their match, we just enter their result into whatever tool we use. It's possible that teams C and D have played multiple matches in the meantime but over a longer period it should even out.

Of course, having teams of two could make things a bit easier to coordinate. We actually had a similar model (only with teams of one instead of two, but everyone had to team-up with the others twice) during our tabletop football tournament at work.
We also had used a great site for that, maybe I can find that one.

@OorWullie I'll take a look at Konkuri too, thanks!
Having two leagues with finals would be awesome, provided we find enough participants.

Edited on by shani

Johnnycal25

Too bad Mario + Rabbids won't have Online multiplayer.... Would have been awesome to have!!!

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/JohnnySocal

TOP 10 Metroid Commercials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYETZ1ZYZ4&t=160s
TOP 20 Nintendo DS Games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJrm6mNrcpU

Trying to expand my Youtube channel. Thanks for the support!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic