Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 9,381 to 9,400 of 15,210

Nicolai

@jump Eh, I want the soundtrack as a collector's item first and foremost. But regardless, I'm sure there's plenty of music for cutscenes.
EDIT: And towns.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

I don't need the soundtrack, give me the game already. Only three more weeks!

Octane

jump

Nicolai wrote:

jump Eh, I want the soundtrack as a collector's item first and foremost. But regardless, I'm sure there's plenty of music for cutscenes.

You make it sound like special editions aren't collectors items.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Nicolai

jump wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

jump Eh, I want the soundtrack as a collector's item first and foremost. But regardless, I'm sure there's plenty of music for cutscenes.

You make it sound like special editions aren't collectors items.

I didn't mean to make it sound like that... I just meant that I'm not to worried about what's on the disc; I'm mostly just proud to own the official disc.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Henmii

A little bit off-topic: I am not entirely sure if I'll buy the Hyrule Arts and artifacts book. I mean, how much new stuf does it have, apart from the breath of the wild stuff (wich is very spoilerific by the way, since the book gets released before the game)? And I heard there's almost no text/information in it, apart from some interviews. And at the online-shop I use they bumped up the price, now its almost 40 Euro. I love hyrule historia, but am not sure if I also need this book.

But back to the game, yeah music: I heard a very simple piano-piece when you are on horse-back in the field (youtube video). When you fight small guardians, you also hear a piano-piece. That may be the theme: Ambient sounds and piano-pieces. I wonder if Koji Kondo is still involved in some way. And while the ambient sounds do sound very good, I still hope there are some memorable music-pieces too. Maybe even orchestrated.

Henmii

Haru17

It's not a soundtrack, it's another 'sound selection' CD like Twilight Princess HD's Game Stop pre-order. Hopefully Nintendo gets with it and puts the full score up on iTunes.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Henmii The book has 416 pages though, a lot more then Hyrule Historia. I think I'll get a copy. I have bought books that were over €100, so I'm used to seeing those prices. I may be a bit steep for a concept art compilation, but I also think that 416 pages are more content than you can imagine.

Octane

Octane

@Haru17 Can I safely click on it knowing you're avoiding big spoilers as much as I do?

Octane

Haru17

@Octane It's concept art on Fridays. Shows a new Korok design, nothing more.

It didn't bug me personally, but please judge for yourself.

Octane

@Haru17 Ginkgo Korok, I like him, seems more detailed than the WW copy-pastes.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Totally! I would hope the new designs are more involved than what they could manage for The Wind Waker some 14 years ago, haha. I'm not sure about what the eyes are supposed to be, but who knows how it'll look in-game. I think I'm most excited to see what Koroks in the desert and snowy mountains will look like.

From the Switch event footage, one could the that the older Korok designs on the Great Plateau got swapped around. No new designs, but the first Korok did mention a figure of authority called 'Hestu' in some new dialogue.

Edited on by Haru17

Haru17

@scubydo Not sure if you're referring to any new media, but I hope they're like Skyrim's. As in diverse in setting and in story, with secrets hidden in little organic corners and behind jumping puzzles. What's more, I hope they're real Zelda puzzles. I haven't been stumped yet by anything I've seen of Breath of the Wild. I want that.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

@Haru17 I think his left eye got pierced, the nose is all the way to the right. Didn't even think of desert or mountain Korok, that would be neat. But since they're clearly little forest people, it's also possible that they're limited to forest areas, or at least their designs. Although thinking about it, I can totally imagine a barrel cactus with a leaf stuck to one or more of its spines.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Oh, I see it now! Yeah, I could definitely imagine some black comedy in their designs. And I really think the Koroks will be in all regions. The titular theme of 'Breath of the Wild' is removing the 'nature' element from one specific forest region, and instead spreading it all across the world.

Emo Death Mountain Korok please.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

They'll probably just have different region-appropriate leaves with different hole designs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

@Meowpheel Isn't that the entire of a Korok's design?

Haru17

Untitled

Due to the Korok concept art following up / corresponding to this screenshot from earlier this week, we know that there's more to the Korok seeds than Nintendo has already put out there. Perhaps the guide-maker's blurb about '900 Korok seed puzzles' was accurate after all. It looks like they can be used to grow trees that have that spade shape on the inside. Now, those leaves look to be pointing in a direction (i.e. Phantom Ganon's sword hilt). Perhaps they function as a kind of rustic dowsing or have some functionality with the paraglider. No idea how they could be puzzles in and of themselves.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic